165OT Woodsman/UH Prospector ramble

Thanks Codger, I guess I got myself a old Old Timer. The 250T is a nice knife, have you tried one yet?

I don't have any of the older clasp style knives. I certainly like the looks of them. And some day I may turn my attention to them. The design is more archaic than the boxier 3OT, 6OT, 7OT, and the LB series, but classic is good. Sometimes change just for the sake of change is not good. And sometimes it is. I have a magazine ad for the "Old Timer Folding Hunter" dated 1965 slipped into the clear cover of my Schrade resource notebook. I see it every time I look up information on Old Timers and Uncle Henrys. Good looking knives.

Codger

I have to warn you that they are as addicting as the fixed blades. The best of the bunch, as far as feel, balance, and looks goes is the 125OT(imho) but the 2 blade models are a close second. They have that heft that alot of guys like in a knife plus you always have another sharp blade to switch to if one starts to drag while skinning.

If you want to test one out let me know, I got a good user of each type that I'd loan you if you want to check them out.

We are all waiting to welcome Codger to the folding side!

I agree the 125OT is a great knife. Im still partial to the smaller 23/24 because I can carry it without a sheath. The big hunters just are too uncomfortable in the back pocket and as for carrying it in the front pocket, to paraphrase Mae West
"Is that a knife in your pocket or are you just happy to see me!"

TTYL
Larry

Hi guys........I just came across another Schrade-Walden in my collection. It is brand new, never sharpened and is a "Buffalo Bill" says "Schrade-Walden, Stainless, 127 on the bottom part of the blade. Signed W.T. Cody "Bufalo Bill" on the blade itself. It was still in the original mailing box purchased from "Brother Bob's" Sugar Loaf N.Y. Closed length is 5 3/8, open 9 1/4, blade length 4 1/16. Is this a valuable one, do you think? It's in mint condition. Thanks, Penney

Hi! I was just reading some of the archived posts, from July, I think.....and I noticed that someone else also had a question about the "Buffalo Bill" 127. Was anyone ever able to find out anything about it? I can't find any info at all. No pictures in any of the books I have....... In fact, I am having trouble finding most of the knives in our collection anywhere. I'm getting REALLY frustrated! Spending LOTS of time and getting nowhere! I have them all separated out by brand, but can't seem to be able to identify most of them. I have the Levine's and a couple of others. I have ordered a couple more books, so maybe that will be of help.
Thanks, guys, for all of YOUR help! Penney

CleenToofs,

Just hang in there! Sometimes it takes a while to find information when there isn't too much about a particular issue. SOMEONE will come along with some information. :)

IRV...er, I mean Larry. :rolleyes: :foot:
Changing your avatar is a cool way to show us some of your nice Schrade collection. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Oh, and don't say anything more... but maybe it will sumbilly..sublimely..sublet..sumbitc...oh, you know that word...help move Mike over to the bright side and experience the joy.

W
I
L
L I A M

AH HAAA...I just realized we now have a Spalcheker...Oboy is LT gonna be happy, or what!! :D

I have a 225OT that my Dad gave me. He couldn't remember whether he bought it in the late 50's or early 60's, but he bought it so he would have a second blade when skinning. It is my personal favorite over the 125OT because of the heft and it is fits my hand better than the thinner 125. I have both and both are excellent knives. OTguy is right......they are addictive. :D

iobo, eer Will,
I'm having fun with the avitars. Any suggestions as to what I should put there next?
What your really saying is I should keep the avitars in the bright side?
I think Codger is almost out of the dark!
TTYL
Larry

Orvet,
I think you mean the 25OT. The 125OT is a single blade Hunter and the 225OT is a hunter with one blade and a large saw. They really did this just to confuse us.
THe 225(H) is a 2 bladed hunter thats been around forever.

Attachments

• OT0046.jpg
    OT0046.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 14
You are right Larry. I stand corrected, it is the 225H. your pic is the first I have seen of the 225OT. Darn......another Schrade pattern I have to find. :D That is what makes collecting Schrades so much fun.

OK, when you guys convert Codger to the "folding side"....I have the beginning of a great collection for sale......A 250OT, a 34OT, a 58OT Ulster, a 293, an 804, a 127 Buffalo Bill, a Kentucky Rifle CM-1, and a Paul Revere Limited edition.
Still trying to figure out what they are all worth............
This is starting to be kinda fun; May end up keeping them before too long!
Penney

Your new home will be enriched by whichever knives you elect to keep from the collection. You will soon be buying a frame and playing with arrangements and background materials. Everyone needs at least one nice display frame of knives, especially if they are Schrades. I hope to be adding a special FIXED Schrade to my collection soon. One can never have too many good knives.

Please be aware that while we can "show and tell", compare, and give opinions of values here, only those members with membership upgrades may sell on site. But us Schradophiles do use e-mail a lot and "spread the wealth".

Codger

Not wanting to "sell on site", just want to let everyone know what I will be making available......IF I do decide to give them up!
I found a 3 blade "Buffalo Bill" in a book but still can't find the one blade 127........

Penney,
My avitar is now a 127UH.
Does yours look like it?
I believe I have seen your B.B. 127 a few times on ebay.
TTYL
irv
ok, avatar changed

IRV,
Nope, that ain't it.....The shield is long and skinny with the "Buffalo Bill" signature. The signature is also on the blade. The handle is smoother, brown with lighter corners, the shape is the same, but the blade looks like it might be a little longer(?). I need to take a picture of it, I guess.
Basically, just want to know the value. It's in the original mailing box, but unfortunately the post mark is unreadable. It has to be pre-1977, 'cause that's when the original owner died. It was shipped without a sheath, in plastic. Mailed from "Brother Bob's", Sugar Loaf NY.
Guess I need to keep checking ebay. I sell on ebay, just haven't sold any knives yet.
Yhanks, Dude! Penney

OK Penney.....

We need PICTURES here, as these guys ARE good, but no one can give you an idea, just guessing at what you've got. :)

Larry, Larry.....someone is signing your posts irv...make them stop!!
I'm getting confused here!!

BIii

Bling-bling? You changed you name to bling-bling? Must have something to do with all those folding knives and too much time in that bright light. :eek:

Codger

Penney, this should be what you have. As Irv said, I've seen them on eBay from time to time and they sell for about the same price as other large single blade Schrade hunters. I was going to e-mail you, but you have it disabled.

BuffaloBill.jpg

That DOES look like it, Red........I WILL take some pictures. THANKS! I have no clue why my e-mail would be disabled. I'll have to check into that. Weird!

Back