18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

EdgyGator,

Good news for you is that last I heard there will be some for sale in traditional FCFS sales threads once these start going through production.

Yup! Don't quote me on this because I may be wrong but Nathan had mentioned somewhere that the project would only kinda make sense if he could get preorders of around 100 units. IIRC, the preorder numbers ran into the mid 70s before Nathan locked it down so I'm guessing that he will still do about 100 x K18s to offer some limited numbers for regular sales plus maybe some for Blade Shows (2020 / 2021?).

#stillnotnathan

Summer is coming!!!!! :eek:
And that will bring our K18's!!!! :D :thumbsup::thumbsup:

119c14848c39217d98ec1578b80ca55d58e8bbf70dd7decc0d35d0d8673cfd93.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve never had any tatami mat, but cutting some banana trees back today made me wonder...hmm. These are soaking wet naturally. Would be a huge mess, but probably fun.

Thinking ahead since you guys won’t let me try to forget about this beast for a few more months. ;)

MZI3rqDl.jpg

I’ve never had any tatami mat, but cutting some banana trees back today made me wonder...hmm. These are soaking wet naturally. Would be a huge mess, but probably fun.

Thinking ahead since you guys won’t let me try to forget about this beast for a few more months. ;)

MZI3rqDl.jpg
FWIW, I've cut both tatami mats for tameshigiri, and banana trees in Asia when I was there.

I've cut tatami rolls with a katana for tameshigiri, as well as a Chinese jian, dao and Shuang Shao Jian to satisfy my curiosity about the comparative cutting ability of the different sword types. All the swords were shaving sharp.

The banana trees were chopped with a 24" Tramontina machete, that was sharpish. Sharp enough to cut, but not sharp enough for a smooth shave.

For equivalent diameter, the tatami is definitely harder to cut, and quite a bit more intolerant of off angle cuts (i.e. if the blade angle is off, the machete still bites deep into the banana tree, where poor blade angle won't bite as deep in a tatami roll).

P.S.
Some folks are downright terrifying with a machete in their hands, to the point after just a few swings, the general consensus is, "Uh, here, let me take that. I think the rest of us are in greater danger than any vines, plants and brush in our way".

Maaan... I guess Im one of very few young people in this time who hasnt instagram lol..

Anyways registered, followed CPK and Keffeler and guess what ive found?

tUYUIEo.jpg

Couldnt resist and be satisfied with posting just pictures as i have been tought to treat others the way i want to be treated so edited post to add some amazing videos.

I always loved you guys and admired your works and wont be tired to say that i love 3v because of you.

The Masters of Craft

Last edited:
I als

I also don't know what an Instagram is, so thanks for sharing!

Added fat charry on top of cake (tho it took me 2 edits to post videos because of lack of my experiance on forums..)

P.s for Carothers and Keffeler

Dont wanted to mess things up so both videos are uploaded unlisted way on you to be only to share with fellow memebers of forum.

Back