18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

78dbe386-303b-43ff-b915-e5a2aa46baa6-jpeg.1369774

LMMFAO!

I'll offer you one from my #stillnotnathan perch!

New prime directive of the K18 pre-order club: we do not ask or talk about the K18 pre-order updates and fulfillment time horizon (expected to start rolling off by the end of the year) :p

Seriously though, Nathan never biatches or moans or places blames... Just not how he's designed and how he operates but he's also a very proud dude who tends to take things a bit too personally. I would not bring this up every few weeks and just let him do his own thang. Please try to understand that I'm not being mean just stating that it's best to leave it to Nathan for updates after he has had a few beers and feels more cheerful about the K18 which he now probably wishes he had never offered! Frakking Knife or Death, LOL.

I'll offer you one from my #stillnotnathan perch!

New prime directive of the K18 pre-order club: we do not ask or talk about the K18 pre-order updates and fulfillment time horizon (expected to start rolling off by the end of the year) :p

Seriously though, Nathan never biatches or moans or places blames... Just not how he's designed and how he operates but he's also a very proud dude who tends to take things a bit too personally. I would not bring this up every few weeks and just let him do his own thang. Please try to understand that I'm not being mean just stating that it's best to leave it to Nathan for updates after he has had a few beers and feels more cheerful about the K18 which he now probably wishes he had never offered! Frakking Knife or Death, LOL.

As an addendum to this: if anyone wants to give up their spot, I know a guy that didn’t get in on the preorder and would be happy to accept your “proxy” and suffer through the wait in your place.

IIRC, Nathan had said that if the preorders fell short of 50 he wouldn't take on the project. Cheerleaders like yours truly really were hoping and pushing for 100 units and it was looking really good for a while till it sputtered in the mid to high 70 units, again going by memory which as time goes by is more like a friggin sieve!

I think that if Nathan has say about 80 units allotted, he may do a dozen or so more (100 max?) because of Blade Shows, none BF.Com customers, etc. Basically, yes there is still a chance for those who missed the pre-order but for Fridays sales it will be tough going. Greedy fooques like me who have already secured one probably don't mind getting down and dirty again for another opportunity.

IIRC, Nathan had said that if the preorders fell short of 50 he wouldn't take on the project. Cheerleaders like yours truly really were hoping and pushing for 100 units and it was looking really good for a while till it sputtered in the mid to high 70 units, again going by memory which as time goes by is more like a friggin sieve!

I think that if Nathan has say about 80 units allotted, he may do a dozen or so more (100 max?) because of Blade Shows, none BF.Com customers, etc. Basically, yes there is still a chance for those who missed the pre-order but for Fridays sales it will be tough going. Greedy fooques like me who have already secured one probably don't mind getting down and dirty again for another opportunity.
Did you get only one? I thought you snagged two.

Nothing exciting. We're still making sword blanks. They run seven days a week. We're finished decking them on the auto grinder, we're half way through the first ops and early in the beveling process. We will start the first few in heat treat in about a month.

We're making about 150-160 for orders of about 120. Depending on scrap and yields we're looking at about 20 extra. This will also yield about 100-120 of my little dagger project that fits in some of the material drops.

I haven't started making handles yet. Also, the design as we're pursuing it ended up with a small weighted pommel, which is an unexpected complexity that will add a little extra time. Fortunately we have 5 machining centers here so we'll be able to spread this project out as we progress. It is currently running on the two big mills but handle bits will fit on the smaller machines.

Back