18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

Screen-Shot-2017-06-19-at-15.12.15.png

unleash-the-beast-light-blue-t-shirt-men-s-t-shirt.jpg

it really isn't almost time. We're still a few weeks away from even starting heat treat

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist ... maybe post a small dose of updates here, say one or two a day for a few days, so all the other threads can go quiet for a bit. Just show us some chips and scmoo, and a fun picture of Jo with a knife.

And a dagger.

We will all, collectively go, "ahhh, shiny things" and be sufficiently distracted to let the pots of stew that are boiling over in the other threads finally quiet down.

Just a suggestion. :D

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist ... maybe post a small dose of updates here, say one or two a day for a few days, so all the other threads can go quiet for a bit. Just show us some chips and scmoo, and a fun picture of Jo with a knife.

And a dagger.

We will all, collectively go, "ahhh, shiny things" and be sufficiently distracted to let the pots of stew that are boiling over in the other threads finally quiet down.

Just a suggestion. :D

Resized_20200818_203800.jpeg

We are making 160 swords against orders of, I believe, 119 orders call it 120. I estimate a yield of 140 plus or minus 20. The first half of this production, 80 swords, are machined and beveled and ready for heat treat now. We are about halfway done milling out the second half of the sword blanks and will start beveling them (the second half) tomorrow.

I must say, of all the status posts I’ve ever read, nothing compares to a good K18 moving towards the finish line post. :cool:

I was just showing someone the Keffeler 2x4 blast this weekend. Bring it!

Back