18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

With an almost 3 pound weight but the CG just 1" in front of the guard it should be interesting to see how it handles with one hand.
Nathan, mind sharing any videos of one handed use or swinging the sword? How hard are you running them?
With that kind of balance, it should handle pretty well single-handed, but I'd advise caution playing around with a razor sharp double edged ~3lb sword single handed.

For weapons training in the MA styles I studied, we did a LOT of training with unsharpened training swords before ever doing forms and stuff with actual sharp swords. Especially when approaching that 3lb mark, it's easy to generate more momentum than the user's skill can adequately control 1-handed.

So, while it certainly handles well single-handed, this is a powerful blade and an accident won't be forgiving. You guys be careful out there, this is not a toy.

... Okay it is totally a toy. But it is a very dangerous toy...

I may have missed it somewhere but will these come with a sheath?

If I don’t have this mixed up, I believe that the K-18 will not come with a sheath, but Chad Pirtle (pirtlemade) will be making some. He took pre-orders for the sheaths at the beginning of the project. I’d suggest contacting Chad if you are interested. There may be more about this early in the K-18 thread? Mike

Post #184

Last edited:
This is going to be legendary

Yeah, I think so. This is one of the coolest projects I've been involved in. It was risky because it required us to do several things with our process we had never done before. It became an epic undertaking here (still is) but the end result is unique and really very cool.

Yeah, I think so. This is one of the coolest projects I've been involved in. It was risky because it required us to do several things with our process we had never done before. It became an epic undertaking here (still is) but the end result is unique and really very cool.

It's very cool!
Do you see another sword project in the future?

Back