18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

Mat, you can get a Super Assassin for less than $5-6K New From Doc:thumbsup:But not for $1175:eek:If Nathan would not have made the K18 available, I had already decided I was going to get a "Super Assassin" from Dan!

I honestly don't know how Nathan is offering the K18 at this price:confused:I was guessing it would run $1795 or so:)Again WTF do I know

The one I had seen for about 5.5K on the secondary market was named something like Wazikiwazuku or something like that :p

ETA: I was thinking at least $1500. Now, I can set that budget aside to get a sheath too? (or there about) I just wanna give Nathan a bear hug :D

Last edited:
^^^That's funny @Benson X - I had the exact same thought myself. Last week "No, I just don't need another $400 knife. I have no business spending that kind of money on another folder." This week... "What can I sell to get this in the budget?!?! Maybe my Sig Legion is on the block!"

I have been instrumental in helping both Justin and Ivan sell some of their more prized and custom devision Shiros. I always had the first dibs on those knives as and when I received them and some I just bought outright which I eventually ended up selling on my own anyway. I think that after all said and done, I will always keep one Shiro or two in my EDC rotation but after going through at least 15 Shiros of varying quality / prices, I will rather stick to spending my $ with Nathan-CPK. I know, I know, apples and oranges for lack of a better analogy but I don't feel that I am missing out anything by not owning a higher caliber CD Shiro and in no way I intend to denigrate Sergey with what I just said!

At the end of the day as much as Nathan at times frustrates me because I can see what gargantuan potential is sitting there right in front of him (for the record, sometimes I just want to chase Nathan around with a switch just to waive it at him :D ) I will always spend my money with CPK over anyone else when it comes to knives even if I end up having absolutely ZERO practical use for a particular knife... Welp, maybe the Zombies one day, someday ;)

Last edited:
^^^That's funny @Benson X - I had the exact same thought myself. Last week "No, I just don't need another $400 knife. I have no business spending that kind of money on another folder." This week... "What can I sell to get this in the budget?!?! Maybe my Sig Legion is on the block!"

NOT THE LEGION! ... man ... ok I'll let you fondle one of mine if you cry a little and can't sleep at night ... and trust me I get it is tempting to me too ... good thing I'm getting old or I'd probably be ordering one too ... lol

Is it a 226 SAO?

Will there be an installment plan for these? (shaking piggy bank...)

Serious answer? Yes, there's a way other than credit cards! If you have a good track record with PayPal, in some cases they offer "PayPal Credit" where they give you 6 months to payoff the entire balance without any interest if paid in full by the end of your 6th statement cycle.

Caveats: interest accrues from the time PP Credit is used and min monthly payments will have to be made in the interim period. The APR% is also very high (19.9%-22.9% ?) and of course you still will have to qualify through their credit check.

Is it a 226 SAO?

No. DA.

NOT THE LEGION! ... man ... ok I'll let you fondle one of mine if you cry a little and can't sleep at night ... and trust me I get it is tempting to me too ... good thing I'm getting old or I'd probably be ordering one too ... lol

Nah, I wouldn't actually sell it. The Legion stuff got a little over-hyped, but I do like a number of the upgrades, and specifically the grip on this pistol over the standard 226. Sig makes a niiiicccce pistol.

I am sure that every piece which Dr. Keffeler makes is worth the price / value and then some to their respective buyers and collectors. As you know already, my emphasis is that for the mooks like me had it not been for Nathan's / CPK's existence, no way I could own a Keffeler designed / inspired sword!

It was this one: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/super-assassin-wakizashi-2-0-sold.1382897/

Wow, it's been more than 3 years and I still have ragrets :D
tenor.gif

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist - So this has me wondering:

Front edge probably 22 DPS, rear probably 18 DPS and very thin.

I was under the impression the back edge on a KOD knife would be somewhere around "sorta sharp" for bashing through the stupid stuff, like the block of ice or the bucket of gravel, and the main edge would be more refined/thin/high performance cutting capable. What am I missing?

(Now, bear in mind, I just got off the phone with a guy out in the field wiring up some fuse blocks to power some devices on a radio tower. He does not understand the schematic. I though to myself, "if this guy doesn't understand the schematic, maybe he's not the right guy to be doing the wiring." It is absolutely acceptable to say, "TR - if you don't know why this would be sharpened like this, then maybe you should just move along." I am willing to accept I'm out of my depth here :D)

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist - So this has me wondering:

I was under the impression the back edge on a KOD knife would be somewhere around "sorta sharp" for bashing through the stupid stuff, like the block of ice or the bucket of gravel, and the main edge would be more refined/thin/high performance cutting capable. What am I missing?

(Now, bear in mind, I just got off the phone with a guy out in the field wiring up some fuse blocks to power some devices on a radio tower. He does not understand the schematic. I though to myself, "if this guy doesn't understand the schematic, maybe he's not the right guy to be doing the wiring." It is absolutely acceptable to say, "TR - if you don't know why this would be sharpened like this, then maybe you should just move along." I am willing to accept I'm out of my depth here :D)

We've been fortunate enough to have run several knives through the course, which is probably 3X anybody else. Our steel has an ideal level of durability and edge retention for this sort of thing and will tolerate this kind of abuse without needing any special considerations. In fact we actually ran them even thinner than normal and still took less damage than the other knives.

Our primary edge will be very sharp and fully capable of bashing though anything. The problem we've run into was insufficient length to be competitive against the swords in some of the targets and the loss of the super sharp edge due to stone contact that made some of the sudden death cuts like meat more difficult where folks with two edges didn't have that issue.

This design has the primary edge a very effective chopper geometry and the spine shaped for and reserved for those special cuts like a fish or straps where you want to know with 100% certainty you can sail through the cut with ease, and you preserve that edge for things like meat, not rock buckets. That spine won't be used much, but when it is, it's very sharp and shaped to grab stuff so you don't need to swing for the fences, which will help accuracy.

Back