18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

And here is a K18 next to a Busse AK47

QaoHgAc.jpg
The Busse almost looks dainty.

20210420_150523.jpg

Couldn't help myself, had to join in the fun with these pics. This K18 is a terror to behold. I have a bad habit of fondling knives while I sit on the couch and watch TV. Not this puppy. Although I'm not so sure you can call this weapon a knife at all. Congrats and well done CPK team!!

The K18 came in at 51.30 oz (3 lb 3.3 oz)

The AK47 came in at 27.35 oz (1 lb 11.35 oz), but keep in mind this isn’t an off the shelf AK47. It’s been reground by Ban Tang, has a tapered tang, and custom scales.
I think the standard AK47 (g10) I had before was 31-32 oz.
Ahhh. I did know that Ban had reworked that. That's what appeals to me about that one. I had considered having REK do mine

Once people start swinging these around we might see them popping up at estate sales...
I'm not sure if you say this in jest, but this is a real concern. Or at least evidence lockers, right. My first thought on wielding this majestic beast was "some drunk dumba$$ is gonna go to rest this on his shoulder after a swing and get the rude awakening of his (or her) life".

My advice, before ever letting a friend swing this blade (and, of course after checking with your homeowners policy for laceration coverage) remind everyone BOTH sides are razor sharp!

Or better yet, treat it like excalibur and tell everyone it only works for you

I'm not sure if you say this in jest, but this is a real concern. Or at least evidence lockers, right. My first thought on wielding this majestic beast was "some drunk dumba$$ is gonna go to rest this on his shoulder after a swing and get the rude awakening of his (or her) life".

My advice, before ever letting a friend swing this blade (and, of course after checking with your homeowners policy for laceration coverage) remind everyone BOTH sides are razor sharp!

Yes, joking aside it's important to be careful.
I have some friends who are just not knife people. I no longer even try to show them anything I've made. Cringing while they awkwardly handle it and having no interest or appreciation anyway is just not worth it for anyone.

Yes, joking aside it's important to be careful.
I have some friends who are just not knife people. I no longer even try to show them anything I've made. Cringing while they awkwardly handle it and having no interest or appreciation anyway is just not worth it for anyone.
Or handing someone a katana to check out because they've never seen one in real life, and literally the first thing they do after being told "DON'T touch the blade" as I'm handing it to them, is of course, to touch the blade 😠

I've seen people with no training/experience swinging long single edged blades with no control, where the back edge of the blade makes contact with them because their follow through is out of control. That would be a bad day with the K18, unless they've put on their chainmail first.

Back