18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

After getting my hands on K18 Ive been thinking about carrying it in woods, best idea seemed to be back carry, because you can freely do whatever you want with sword mounted on your back without any issues, its not hanging on your belt and wont interupt while walking in forest, wont hit anything and etc, also weight is distributed on you back and whole body not only on one part, it gets part of your body plus hands are free so you can do whatever you wish while sword is mounted in sheath, so you can freely run/jump/climb and its pretty easy to deploy it whenever you will need to use it. And it is pretty easy to remove thanks to quick release cobra buckle so putting blade back in scabbard is easy and I believe with some practice it is also possible to resheath blade without removing scabbard from back (but as blade is double edged its pretty dangerous also lol).

Ive checked lots of different variations of back carry systems but the only one Ive like the most was made by Miller Bros Blades. Ive contacted them and asked to make one for my K18 but they refused, told me that they make it for their scabbards only, Ive asked them to sell me their scabbard (made for one of their swords) with back carry system but they refused again and told me that they make their scabbards for their blades only.

As they refused to make one for me, Ive decided to make one by myself inspired by their back carry system. Ive looked up the web for more detailed pics of their scabbards, also searched for some materials and infos for using screws with leather and etc.
Ive already had BuyBrown kyndex sheath for my K18 (and now my PirtleMade leather sheath is left alone without seeing any use).
Ive found buckleguy, dealer of leather goods who sells almost everything needed for most of the leather projects needed for blades. Ive ordered highest grade leather he had (Hermann Oak English Bridle Leather, British Brown (Dark Brown), 10oz), also ordered 2 different post length chicago screws and 2 different sized d-rings.
Ive ordered cobra buckle (for 1" strap) from their web-site.
Ive ordered 5col 550 Type 3 Nylon Parachute Paracord.
Ive contacted duramax duramax for some advices about chicago screws and rubber spacers because Ive never worked before on leather with chicago screws and I didnt knew if I would need rubber spacers at all.

After everything arrived, Ive finally managed to start working on my small "project". chicago screws were just right size and they have fitted tightly and there was no space left for rubber spacers (overall Ive liked the look of screws without spacers).
It took me around 4 days of work (around 4 hour per day) to finish my back carry system, it needed a lot of measuring, fitting and precision. Ive cutted too many holes on leather and also had to drill some new holes on kyndex sheath as it wasnt originally made for such system + every chicago screw was tightened two times one for fitting and another for final assambly with blue loctite. Finally Ive fitted it on myself and made straps enough tight to wear with jacket but its not loose without jacket and sits comfortable and tight on tshirt.
Sorry for shitty quality pics as I dont have normal camera besides me right now and have had to use calculator.. If there will be any interest I can make more detailed pics of details and can provide more info..
I was also able to take it one small one day trip with me in woods to test it, was pretty comfortable to carry and deploy, won't lie and everytime while resheathing blade Ive quickly removed back carry system. Ive used it to cut some path, used it on some brenches and tree limbs and small 4" diameter trees and of course it worked amazingly, easy affordless cuts and blade is still sharp enough to shave. It has huge potential and can be used as small forest axe, its a beast of a kind...
Sadly dont have shoots of it in the action but here is small video of this back carry system (for cutting videos I will need better recorder for sure lol..)

After getting my hands on K18 Ive been thinking about carrying it in woods, best idea seemed to be back carry, because you can freely do whatever you want with sword mounted on your back without any issues, its not hanging on your belt and wont interupt while walking in forest, wont hit anything and etc, also weight is distributed on you back and whole body not only on one part, it gets part of your body plus hands are free so you can do whatever you wish while sword is mounted in sheath, so you can freely run/jump/climb and its pretty easy to deploy it whenever you will need to use it. And it is pretty easy to remove thanks to quick release cobra buckle so putting blade back in scabbard is easy and I believe with some practice it is also possible to resheath blade without removing scabbard from back (but as blade is double edged its pretty dangerous also lol).

Ive checked lots of different variations of back carry systems but the only one Ive like the most was made by Miller Bros Blades. Ive contacted them and asked to make one for my K18 but they refused, told me that they make it for their scabbards only, Ive asked them to sell me their scabbard (made for one of their swords) with back carry system but they refused again and told me that they make their scabbards for their blades only.

As they refused to make one for me, Ive decided to make one by myself inspired by their back carry system. Ive looked up the web for more detailed pics of their scabbards, also searched for some materials and infos for using screws with leather and etc.
Ive already had BuyBrown kyndex sheath for my K18 (and now my PirtleMade leather sheath is left alone without seeing any use).
Ive found buckleguy, dealer of leather goods who sells almost everything needed for most of the leather projects needed for blades. Ive ordered highest grade leather he had (Hermann Oak English Bridle Leather, British Brown (Dark Brown), 10oz), also ordered 2 different post length chicago screws and 2 different sized d-rings.
Ive ordered cobra buckle (for 1" strap) from their web-site.
Ive ordered 5col 550 Type 3 Nylon Parachute Paracord.
Ive contacted duramax duramax for some advices about chicago screws and rubber spacers because Ive never worked before on leather with chicago screws and I didnt knew if I would need rubber spacers at all.

After everything arrived, Ive finally managed to start working on my small "project". chicago screws were just right size and they have fitted tightly and there was no space left for rubber spacers (overall Ive liked the look of screws without spacers).
It took me around 4 days of work (around 4 hour per day) to finish my back carry system, it needed a lot of measuring, fitting and precision. Ive cutted too many holes on leather and also had to drill some new holes on kyndex sheath as it wasnt originally made for such system + every chicago screw was tightened two times one for fitting and another for final assambly with blue loctite. Finally Ive fitted it on myself and made straps enough tight to wear with jacket but its not loose without jacket and sits comfortable and tight on tshirt.
Sorry for shitty quality pics as I dont have normal camera besides me right now and have had to use calculator.. If there will be any interest I can make more detailed pics of details and can provide more info..
I was also able to take it one small one day trip with me in woods to test it, was pretty comfortable to carry and deploy, won't lie and everytime while resheathing blade Ive quickly removed back carry system. Ive used it to cut some path, used it on some brenches and tree limbs and small 4" diameter trees and of course it worked amazingly, easy affordless cuts and blade is still sharp enough to shave. It has huge potential and can be used as small forest axe, its a beast of a kind...
Sadly dont have shoots of it in the action but here is small video of this back carry system (for cutting videos I will need better recorder for sure lol..)
It's amazing. That's what I want

Back