1911 holster

Thanks, pretty good party,although we left early as its a 3 hour drive home. Anyhoo forgot to mention Lancaster has a pretty good Gun Show ya'd like several times a year.

On the holsters I don't do an over amount of molding particularly if its tooled. Most will be on the back.

Now that's something I would love to go to! The only handgun I have shot is an M9 so I was thinking of ways of shopping around for different guns. Gun shows are a great place to do that. Thanks again Dave! :)

I haven't shot one of those in about 40 years! Got a bluegun for that one. Here's a few finished up.

1zjC9Fw.jpg

9CYB4LQ.jpg

XKeUKuE.jpg

MrMF9GL.jpg

8NWLrrp.jpg

LLIj5H7.jpg

Real nice Dave !

Looking at your holsters reminds me that I somehow bent my 2" punch. I'm thinking that there's not much to be done about that. It was the expensive one, too. :( Luckily I also have a less-expensive one, but I preferred the one that I bent. Note to self: Be more careful with one's tools.

Dang how'd ya do that? Got pics? I do use the Osborne on holsters and the one from the place that starts with a W but can not/shall not be named, as they broke the cowboy code, on the sheaths

Dang how'd ya do that? Got pics? I do use the Osborne on holsters and the one from the place that starts with a W but can not/shall not be named, as they broke the cowboy code, on the sheaths
I'll take a pic tonight. I have the two same. It's just the edge that's bent....not the whole thing. I'd probably need wonder-woman strength to do that, as it's pretty darn sturdy.

So sad......
I know it doesn't look like much...but oh so noticeable when stamping through the leather.
I was having trouble getting through my piece...and thought, "Oh, I need a harder platform to pound on...". Don't. ever. do. that. Ever.

IMG_20180814_201400.jpg IMG_20180814_201423.jpg

Ouch! Rock goes under the cutting board for sure! I bet your hubbie could fix it for ya. Have him take his Dremel or Foredom and grind it out from the inside. Could even do it with a file if need be. Once back to its original shape I betcha it would cut an even slot. It won't look even (the punch) but I'd wager the slot would be.

Thanks for the pics! (sorry I was away yesterday). I really like the cocobolo handle and the ivory looking handle. I always wondered, what's the main use of a knife when you're horseriding? Most people in your pics seem to have one.

ANovinc sorry to hear about the punch! I usually use a 1cm punch for the hole to thread through the strap on the key case above. If you need a hardish surface a polymer cutting board has done well for me. Its hard enough to punch but not to the degree that it will harm the tools!

Thanks, Kaizo. Sometimes I have to learn things the hard way, I guess. I'm stubborn that way...... I'll def. use a polymer board going forward.

Dave, I'll have my husband give the dremel a try on the tool when he has time; hopefully it will work.

Haha well the reason why I started using a cutting board is because I tripped over the same stone as well. My punch looks a bit lopsided now, because it's a small one it doesn't look too bad but I will have to reshape it sooner or later. Good luck! :)

Back