1917 the movie

Good flick. Worth the $$ they charge at the theaters.

Edit: IMO

Takes a lot to get me out to a movie, like once or twice a decade on average.

Would hate to have to pay for a whole family. Some things are best expetienced on that big screen with that big surround sound tho.

Glad you enjoyed the movie.

Takes a lot to get me out to a movie, like once or twice a decade on average.
Would hate to have to pay for a whole family. Some things are best expetienced on that big screen with that big surround sound tho.
Glad you enjoyed the movie.

Might not be a flick the whole fam will enjoy though. You know, war & killing scenes. I love war movies & this one at least got the equipment & uniforms right. Props to the costume dept. on this one.

Hope to see this one with the whole family before the college kid goes back. This weekend.... only time.

We are planning on seeing this movie on the big screen. That's significant as I haven't seen a movie in years in a theater.

Saw it tonight.... incredible movie! Worthwhile seeing on the big screen... just don't do it from the third row. Not a fan of being up close, but those were the only seats available!

i undestand that its a filming technique wonder.
this should be the primary reason for viewing the film.
supposedly, its been framed to potray a single long take.
details and costumes are excellent.
however, it s no where near saving private ryan.
its not a complicated tale.
two men sent on a deadly life and death errand.
its a marathon run to deliver a written order through precarious muddy trenches, the country side and devastated occupied town ruins.
yeah, all these tremendous obstacles whist being shot at.
the primary characters are simple folk
not too savvy unfortunately.
its no wonder so many fell during the great war...
i guess it expresses the futility of war.
the grim reality that every second might
be your last.
and that it brings out the best in men who
are willing to sacrifice for others.
yeah, its about the human spirit in facing
great challenges in times of peril.
a cinematic triumph in glorious color!

WWI was the war with Mustard and Nerve Gas. Terrible stuff! I was doing a project and had to be trained in injecting my heart with the antedote if exposed.... terrible stuff! No I didn't "practice" and frankly I didn't know if I could do it myself.

Extremely well done movie. The technical and historical aspects of WW1 are right on. Highly recommended.

Back