1953 Article On W.d. Randall In True The Man's Mag.

You Never Know What You Will Find At A Yard Sale. In The Dec. 1953
Issue Of True The Man' Magazine (original Price Was 10 Cents). I Hope All You Randall Colletcors Enjoy The Photos, And When Was The Last Time You Saw A Randall Article Showing One Of His Knives Driving One Of His Knives Through A Silver Dollar? I Hope The Photo's ARE ClAer Enough.

Attachments

• COVER.JPG
    COVER.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 94
  • PG1.JPG
    PG1.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 142
  • PG2.JPG
    PG2.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 135
  • PG3.JPG
    PG3.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 124
  • PG4.JPG
    PG4.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 121
I felt as if I had been transported for a moment by a time machine reading this article. In 1953 I was junior in highschool at Boston Latin School [founded 1635, with some of the original teachers {grin}]. Our superb English teacher, who, surprisingly, was an NRA member as he ran a Summer camp, had mounds of magazines, he subscribed to. His idea was that you learned to read by reading what interested you the most. Then it would become a natural habit. This magazine series, along with the Rifleman, was in the stack, though I did not remember reading it. I had to read James Jones a few years later to learn about Randall knives. Bought my first 2, matched #1 & #2, 8" commando handles. My start on the path to 'perdition' collecting Randalls.
You are most kind to share it with us. Best.

Ron I dont mind at all, and in fact your photos were clear than mine, and that's one sweet knife I purchased my first Randall a few years later as the result of another article in a magazine. I can not remember the magazine, but it featured the set Bo made for the late King Faisal II, it was a modle 12 Thorp Bowie and a model 13 Arkansas Toothpick with Ivory handles. The model was $78.00 and the model 12 was $73.00. And Bo worte me and talked me out of that set, I was 15 at the time and I guess he thought I was to young to spend that kind of money. So I orded the model 12 Smithonian and a few years later I added the model 13 Arkansas Toothpick. and I still have them today

P.S. Click on the thumbnail for a larger view. And once again the photo's are not the best.

Attachments

• randall displaed Large Web view.jpg
    randall displaed Large Web view.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 37
I was going to post a new thread with the link below but found this thread to post it to. The link has all the text of the 1953 True Magazine article on RMK and Bo Randall, but the color images in this thread are better than the ones in this link, so I thought it best to add the link to this old thread.

This is a great read! https://www.randallmadeknife.com/1953-true-the-mens-magazine

Back