>>!! 1K POST SPYDERCO(Delica) GIVEAWAY !!<<

Hello fellow forumites.

For almost 10 years bladeforums has been for me - a place of refuge, interest, knowledge, and community. Who knew, that a simple google search for "what is the best pocket knife" would lead me here, and open up the doors to a life changing interest in knives. Knives have introduced me to so many other hobbies, passions, and people, and that all started right here. I'd like to give back to the BF community for being so good to me.

The rules are simple - post "I'm in" along with a photo or story about knives.

Ideally the people entering are new(er) to the knife world and have been wanting to upgrade their current knife OR you know someone whom you could re-gift this to who needs a good knife - but this is open to EVERYONE.

I'll let this run till Saturday 11/21/20 - the winner will be chose by random # generator - unless I feel inspired by someones post :).

*winner can chose the color and website to purchase

With love, Stay Sharp
-ISK

I'm in.
The story being I've had 3 Delicas and given them all away to family and friends. The latest, a Wharcliffe I gave to my daughter.
I could use a Delica. Maybe I'll get to keep one.
Thanx for the chance.
Very generous.

Very kind of you ISKski, thank you. Congrats on 1K. I'm in. I would like to enter for a friend/coworker of mine. He has been using the Cold Steel Recon 1 pictured below for as long as I've known him. It is literally falling apart. Thumb disk has fallen off, and the plastic scales are cracked and missing in some places. This has been and still is his edc for work and play. To say he would be excited/happy with a new Delica is an understatement. We have only been able to work a few weeks since March, (covid-shutdown). Something like this would really brighten his day.

Thanks again for the chance,
Jason

Last edited:
50614758243_b6cfb2fbdd_n.jpg[IMG]

I'm in.

I've always wanted to try a delica, as my EDC for quite some time has been a Lil' Matriarch.

If I got a delica I'd probably do a giveaway on the Lil' Matriarch. I like to own one folder at once. Fixed blade guy.

Thanks for the generosity, but I already have a Delica that never sees pocket time.
We joined BF about the same time. The knife world has changed a lot in ten short years!

I'm in. I'm not at 10 years myself but I can't imagine life before knives, having gotten into them as an adult.

One of my favorite knife stories: my BIL asked to borrow my dinky little CRKT (this was early on in my collecting :D) to open a package. I don't know if it was due to its small size or his own clumsiness but he managed to cut himself with it, and he remarked "Wow that's actually sharp." I asked him what did he expect, it's a knife!

I'm not posting here for a chance to win. I just wanted to say in my 12 years 11 months 6 days here I have absolutely enjoyed the knowledge and kinship shared here so readily. I have never felt so welcomed or included in and online interactions as I have on the forum. My first quality knife was a first generation Endura that I carried for 10+ years, a gift from my late mother around my 13th birthday. I still have and cherish it but I retired it many years ago, it served me well and while the blade is narrower from sharpening it is still perfectly functional, like I said quality. Great idea to do a giveaway and good for you for giving back to this community.

I’m in. Thanks.

My wife has a purple Endura. Do I get to carry it as an EDC?

No! I have to ask every time I want to use it.

As for the Delica, it would go to my son-in-law. He has never experienced a decent knife.
He thinks Gerber is top notch!

Pictures here still escape me.

Not an entry, but congrats on your milestone. Im going on 18 myself this coming year (I think). While I have collected knives for over 30 years, its incredible how much this place has given me. I am unequivocally better for having been a member here than I would be otherwise. The knowledge, kinship, compassion, and support of the great members here is an immeasurable wealth. As the late great "Uncle" Bill Martino would say, "What's this have to do with khukuris (...or any knife of your choice ;))? Everything."

That's very nice of you, I'm in.
Every year in December I start to gift knives to people that I know, including my cousin in law and local friends as well as my business partners. During the past few years, they recieved all sorts of items from me such as: BUCK 110, SPYDERCOS, GERBER, traditionals and fixed baldes. Expecially my cousin in law who was divorced and lost his Guardianship, he seems to enjoy all these gifts a lot. Luckily, he is doing pretty well and got his diploma this summer 2020. Not sure what others think, for me receiving/ giving a knife is a good way to cheer yourself up.
;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the generosity, but I already have a Delica that never sees pocket time.
We joined BF about the same time. The knife world has changed a lot in ten short years!

It really has hasn't it!? 10 years ago Delica's were premium - but now everyone in the EDC thread has +$200 knives and accessories to boot!
Has there ever been a better time to be a knife fan, I don't think so!...

ahh finally I can post again, I had been saving 1k lol

It really has hasn't it!? 10 years ago Delica's were premium - but now everyone in the EDC thread has +$200 knives and accessories to boot!
Has there ever been a better time to be a knife fan, I don't think so!...

ahh finally I can post again, I had been saving 1k lol
I usually look up and I'm 20 or 30 past the 1000 marks.
I'll have to do a GAW anyway.

I'm in.

I have two daughters who got married. After the wedding, I gave my new son in laws the knife that I happen to be carrying that day.

Ric

I am in.
I have never owned a delica...I have barely owned any quality folders period, as it is only recently that I have started down that track. Originally it has been all about fixed blades. But as tastes sway, and the folder world opens up, I am not sure where to start.

Thanks for the opportunity and in general, just being generous.

Not an entry for me either. I have several Delicas and it is my most carried knife (if you count hours in my pocket). Great knife and a very generous giveaway. Congrats on 1K and here is to 1k more :thumbsup:

I'm in, if I did win not for me but for my oldest kiddo who is beyond in her years. She always said my endura was to big.

XUMgFH1.jpg

I know how this looks, it was my first attempt at making a knife, from a saw blade. Its beautiful to me, not only because it actually cuts and I've used the snot out of it, but it was made together with said oldest kiddo. Just throwing sparks in the garage was time well spent trying to show her how to use a belt sander, drill press, grinder. Every time I look at it, I just think about that time together. So it may not look like much, but its one of my most prized possessions.

Thanks for the chance!

I'm in!

I've been obsessed with knives since I've been roughly 7 years old. The picture is my latest purchase, a true grail knife for me. I have wanted an OTF knife for 12 years. I finally got one! Paired with a SAK or Case Sodbuster, I love this carry.

20201114-133111.jpg

Back