>>!! 1K POST SPYDERCO(Delica) GIVEAWAY !!<<

I'm in, if I did win not for me but for my oldest kiddo who is beyond in her years. She always said my endura was to big.

XUMgFH1.jpg

I know how this looks, it was my first attempt at making a knife, from a saw blade. Its beautiful to me, not only because it actually cuts and I've used the snot out of it, but it was made together with said oldest kiddo. Just throwing sparks in the garage was time well spent trying to show her how to use a belt sander, drill press, grinder. Every time I look at it, I just think about that time together. So it may not look like much, but its one of my most prized possessions.

Thanks for the chance!

Bro, it looks awesome. You did a great job!!

I had a light blue Delica....

I went camping at the beach...... before leaving the house, I put the Delica some where safe.... but not in the safe....

I did not want to get beach sand in in the nice smooth action.

That knife is still somewhere "safe". I'll be darned if I can remember where. That was three years ago.

I still ramble arround the house occasionally, looking for it.

I'm In!

I'm in !

The delica and spyderco has really impressed me.
Spyderco is about the only knife I reach for now. I tried two other knives for my carry couple weeks ago. Ended up going back and changing knives every 5 mins until I reached for a spyder.

I would gift this to my Son or my Dad who needs a Spyderco to start the day right.
I just can't part with the cruwear delica.

I'm in...and a nice gesture on your part.
Congrats on your 1 K !
* I couldn't resist to include my somehat 'over the top'' response to a post from last year:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-one-knife.1674371/
Delica, Oh Delica, you are my one
and only, and I Love & Adore you.
Other people don't understand,
and they pass you off as merely
delicate, but we know the truth,
don't we Delica, that you are much
much more than that, and time &
time & time again you've shown it to me. Oh Delica, I Love you so ❤
-And don't worry Delica, I will always Love and care for you,
and will never let that brute Endura push my Delica around with all of his strength, power,
and endurance, as we are one
you and I...you complete me Delica.
-Lol :D ...
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Myself, I'm in a relationship with
several different beauties, and
find it very difficult to be tied down to one. :cool: B.T.B.
Lol, :D Thanks again, I'd love the chance to own a (Whancliffe) Delica, & gift one of my others to a friend.
BTB :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Im in.
If I win Id like to get a purple one for my wife. I think she would like that.
My knife story is that I found an Old Hickory 10 inch butcher knife in my dads pantry. It was ancient, rusted and the handles were wrecked. I cleaned it up and I tried making wooden handles. Well, long story short, Im not going to be a custom knife maker lol My handles popped right off, and they were awful. I finally sent it to Ontario to fix, not expecting them to warranty the old abused thing, but it recently came back back to me as good as new! It will be used to carve turkey for me and my wife's Thanksgiving in a few days. We are a long way from home and probably cant go home to see family this year because of all the things going on lately, but using that old knife will be like having a little piece of home here with us. It wont be like having my aunts sweet potato casserole here though! :( lol

For almost 10 years bladeforums has been for me - a place of refuge, interest, knowledge, and community. Who knew, that a simple google search for "what is the best pocket knife" would lead me here, and open up the doors to a life changing interest in knives. Knives have introduced me to so many other hobbies, passions, and people, and that all started right here.

Change that "10 Years" to "Over 20 Years" and you got me in a nutshell there.

Over 20 years ago one of my buddies was looking for a Gerber Frisco Shiv, so I googled it and followed a link here to BFC.

I sat there that night for hours, marveling at the brands I never knew existed... the personalities and their voluminous knowledge of knives, steels, accessories...

The custom makers that I couldn't wait to work with to bring something from my imagination to reality. The comraderie that existed, the friends to come.

Now 20 years later I'm still here, still marveling. My interests are different than those days, but they've evolved because of the community here. I've had so many knives I can't count them, and given most away over the years. It's kind of a quest to get good knives into the hands of people who deserve them but have never learned about them. Nothing wrong with that, as it clears the path for my "finding that perfect knife" some day. I'm getting closer I'm sure. :D

I'm in. Can't wait to pass another quality knife like this on to someone who doesn't yet know such a fine piece exists.

I'm in, very generous offer, if I'm picked please send to Lynn sabre cat sabre cat , he has been borrowing his wife's knife way to long.

LOL!!!

The funny thing is that the purple Endura was going to my daughter, Rebekah. My wife saw it and got very interested. Rebekah ended up telling me to give it to my wife.

The thing is that I used it off and on before I was able to offer it to my daughter. That was the plan from the beginning. I use it for a little while until I could give it to my daughter in person.

I always thought the Delica and Endura were both hideous, butt ugly knives. But, that Endura has given me a whole new perspective on Spyderco knives.

Please send the Delica to chuck4570 chuck4570 . I find him to be an honorable individual. He is a good man and has always been very kind to me. If anyone deserve a new Spyderco, it’s him.

Last edited:
I'm in.

I've never had a Delica. I used to own an Endura in VG-10, but gave it away when I went white water rafting. At the end of the trip I overheard our guide griping that he lost his knife to a watery grave. A knife is indispensable in that line of work, so I took the Endura I had clipped to my life vest and handed it over. The guide was very grateful, his old knife was some cheap gas station job. Probably why he lost it -- trash knives come with trash pocket clips.

I’m in. I guess that how this works? I’m fairly new to BF and this is the first giveaway I have seen. Very generous of you and cool because I have never owned ( or even handled) a Delica.

I had a light blue Delica....

I went camping at the beach...... before leaving the house, I put the Delica some where safe.... but not in the safe....

I did not want to get beach sand in in the nice smooth action.

That knife is still somewhere "safe". I'll be darned if I can remember where. That was three years ago.

I still ramble arround the house occasionally, looking for it.

I'm In!
I can relate.

Back in 1974 I was scheduled to go to Germany. Three days before I left I cracked the crystal on my watch. I put it away someplace safe and I still don’t know where it is.

Not an entry.

Last edited:
LoL guys - if I was a rich man, id buy you all a Delica - but this right here is the camaraderie that I have found across the years that makes bladeforums such a special place.

IDK if you guys know each other outside of the forum - but your interaction made me smile.

It looks like the end of this roundabout leads back to chuck4570 chuck4570 so shoot me an PM and we'll get this set-up!

-- and I agree sabre cat sabre cat i always thought the delica/endura were butt ugly until I actually held/used one

BEST wishes all

ISK

LOL!!!

The funny thing is that the purple Endura was going to my daughter, Rebekah. My wife saw it and got very interested. Rebekah ended up telling me to give it to my wife.

The thing is that I used it off and on before I was able to offer it to my daughter. That was the plan from the beginning. I use it for a little while until I could give it to my daughter in person.

I always thought the Delica and Endura were both hideous, butt ugly knives. But, that Endura has given me a whole new perspective on Spyderco knives.

Please send the Delica to chuck4570 chuck4570 . I find him to be an honorable individual. He is a good man and has always been very kind to me. If anyone deserve a new Spyderco, it’s him.

Once again, thank you for your generosity ISKski.

Congrats to chuck4570!

ISKski ISKski ,

Unfortunately I know chuck4570 chuck4570 only through the forums and a couple of phone calls.

I am pleased with your decision to send the Delica to Chuck.

Thank you for your kindness. Very generous of you to do this.

ISKski ISKski i was not able to leave you a PM but I left you a post on your profile page. You can email me at chuck4570 at msn.com if you prefer.

Back