1st annual Hardwoodsman meet

It's on like donkey kong!
Well, sorta. I still have to sort some stuff out, little stuff like where I'm gonna have it, getting a permit, blah, blah, blah.
But anyway, Lord willing this thing is gonna happen.
It'll be either like a dirt time sort of thing (only free) where there will be several instructors teaching on hardwood specific stuff. Or it'll be a loose, fun challenge sort of weekend. Where an instructor will show a technique and then people participate in a challenge to complete the task and hopefully win prizes. If I can get some prizes together.
It might be a combo of the two things.
Tentative date is
May 13th through the 15th 2011
Location will be
Somewhere in Missouri

Post in this thread if you'd like to come.
Once we get to about a couple weeks before the event I'll put out the message for a definite yes or no so I can get the numbers right for the permit.

This thread will probably get buried seeing as how this is still six months away so I'll bump it up every now and then.
Thanks and hope to see you there.

Here's the updated list so far;
Tentatively in:
Victor
1Jesster
skab0311
InWoodsman
One Legged Josh
Okbushcraft
Recall1k
RangerJoe
tennecedar
Lil Red
AlteredMentalStatus
Ams' wife
Pinebaron
RZombie
Panzer
actichy
Sgt. Mac
IA Woodsman
unswydd
moosez45
jcl-MD
riley
sarge1967
Mamma T
Travis
Sabrina
Lerch
Dross
Buckskin
Mrs. Buckskin
niapete
EnglishManInOntario
fjason123
Homeslice
ohski
Mojoe

Iz

Last edited:
I'm in. I need to know a spot close to the area, we'll be in to judge travel time. Moose

Coolness.
Here's the updated list so far

Tentatively in:
Victor
1Jesster
skab0311
InWoodsman
One Legged Josh
Okbushcraft
Recall1k
RangerJoe
tennecedar
Lil Red
AlteredMentalStatus
Ams' wife
Pinebaron
RZombie
Panzer
actichy
Sgt. Mac
IA Woodsman
unswydd
moosez45
jcl-MD
riley
sarge1967
Mamma T
Travis
Sabrina
Lerch
Dross
Buckskin
Mrs. Buckskin
niapete
EnglishManInOntario
fjason123
Homeslice
ohski
Mojoe

Iz

Last edited:
Well crap... That is my first weekend on 12hour mid shifts... Any of the 10 weekends prior to that I would have been off.

Once you get this date locked in I will work on trading with one of the other electricians for that week. So right now I'm like 50/50 in...

Ski

Ok, more like 80/20 in now... Talked with one of the guys yesterday and he will most likely trade some days with me.

Ski

I am on vacation that weekend and I already told the ole ball and chain that I am going.

I am on vacation that weekend and I already told the ole ball and chain that I am going.

Ha! You better watch it, "the ole ball and chain" might read what you wrote here some day and then it'll all be over but the screaming.:D
Cool, man. I'm glad you're gonna make it. You sure you don't have some friend that's got a wedding that weekend?:D
Iz

heya iz
put me down
tho ive no idea whether ill be in the midwest then or not...
but if i am, id love to come hang with you guys
always needing to learn
thanks

heya iz
put me down
tho ive no idea whether ill be in the midwest then or not...
but if i am, id love to come hang with you guys
always needing to learn
thanks

Done deal, Sadie.:thumbup:

Here's the current list of those interested.
Tentatively in:
Victor
1Jesster
skab0311
InWoodsman
One Legged Josh
Okbushcraft
Recall1k
RangerJoe
tennecedar
Lil Red
AlteredMentalStatus
Ams' wife
Pinebaron
RZombie
Panzer
actichy
Sgt. Mac
IA Woodsman
unswydd
moosez45
jcl-MD
riley
sarge1967
Mamma T
Travis
Sabrina
Lerch
Dross
Buckskin
Mrs. Buckskin
niapete
EnglishManInOntario
fjason123
Homeslice
ohski
Mojoe
Jwilliams
Scooter
Eddie
Lori
SadieJane
Iz

Man, we gonna need some more land. That many busher in one place? That place is gonna look like the moon when we leave. :D

Moose

Moose,
That's no lie, man. I don't think most people realize what kind of resources it takes for even say 10 people to camp semi primitive. Then if they build natural shelters the area looks like it's been raped.
But for this one we'll have rules dictated by the state so I'm thinking we'll be good to go. I just gotta dig deeper into locations and rules for those locations.
Iz
p.s. Oh, yeah. The other thing is that usually with most of these that I've organized we get about half the people actually come that show interest in the beginning.

this sounds interesting.
looking forward to more details.
always up for learning something new - or a different way to do something better.

Back