1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

1st Friday Production Updates

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by SURVIVE! Ellie, Oct 3, 2014.

1. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    I will be sure to post each of our production updates in this thread, as they happen.

Here is October's update: eepurl.com/4Sjkj

If you click that link you're taken to a page with our newsletter but there are a few other options on that page. You can translate the newsletter using the link in the top left corner. There is also the RSS link, but I honestly don't know what that means. On the top right you can subscribe to the email list, share it on social networking, and check out all of our past newsletters. Well at least the 2014 ones.

2. JungleJim65

JungleJim65

Oct 25, 2013
    Super stoked about those Scandi 4.1's!

3. crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Oct 2, 2013
    Thanks for the info

4. Rasco

Rasco

Jan 3, 2014
    RSS link is for those who use "feed" type apps that pull from various sites or podcasts.

Very much looking forward to the Scandi grind GSO 4.1. And SHEATHS!

5. miltmaldo

miltmaldo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Limited to how many ? Do they have a price ?

6. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    Not exactly a 1st Friday but I wanted to make sure you guys know what is going on and why I haven't been around the past few days.

The SURVIVE! Workshop is going to be closed this week. Here is a bit more information:

- Ordering will be turned off until October 27th when we will be back in the shop to make sure everything is going smoothly.
    - We did our best to get as many knives as possible packed over the weekend. Any existing orders will ship out next week.
    - There will be no one here to answer the phone but emails will be monitored as we have time.
    - We will be in Idaho looking for properties that have insulation, running water, a working toilet, and other useful amenities we've been missing out on. We are going to be active on the social medias so if you want to check out what we are up to head over to Facebook, instagram, and twitter. You don't have to have an account to see the posts.

I will try to be over here sometime tomorrow to see what I've missed!

7. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012

I hope you check out the Boise area. We have those amenities, and sometimes even electricity, lol :)

8. Rasco

Rasco

Jan 3, 2014
    Thank you guys for getting my 4.1 sheath out to me prior to the temporary shutdown.
    'preciate it.

9. onojoe

onojoe Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2013
    I'll second that vote for Boise. Great city.

10. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
  11. gardenrambo

gardenrambo

Jan 21, 2014
    Thanks for the update and good luck finding a new property

What do you mean by "GSO-4.1 and GSO-5.1: blades are being refinished"? Are you making changes to the knifes?

12. Rasco

Rasco

Jan 3, 2014
    All fantastic news.
    The new location means I might get my orders 12-24hrs sooner :) Can't wait to check out that scandi 4.1

13. austexjg

austexjg

Oct 22, 2014
    4.1 scandi sounds awesome - will be getting one for sure.

14. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Thanks, Ellie. The communication in all forms is appreciated. Best wishes with the move and the work that goes along with it!

15. Badey

Badey

Dec 7, 2013
    Good luck with the move. I'm jealous!

16. chuanqichuan99

chuanqichuan99

Feb 20, 2014
    Good luck with the move,the next batch of gso 4.1 20cv or 3v in November

17. Neo

Neo

Sep 12, 2002
    Best news I saw :eagerness:

:cheerful:

18. Neo

Neo

Sep 12, 2002
    I hope an SK5 will be made right after the GSO 7/7 :love-struck:

19. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Welcome to Idaho!!

20. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    Some of the blades needed some extra attention for one reason or another. Wavy spines from laser cutting, significant machine marks showing through the tumble, etc. We did what we could to get them cleaned up and they are getting retumbled.

Here is another update to help get some important information out there for everyone: http://eepurl.com/8kgKv

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014