1st Friday Production Updates

Thanks for the update, first Survive knife ordered in in August (4.7 Cru V), as Survive hadn't been on my radar yet (BF newbie going in BF alphabetical order from makers to manufacturer forums). Thanks for doing what you do making nice knives for me to buy and use.

Thanks for the update. I saw survive had mentioned recently 'We are expecting to start shipping the GSO-7/7 preorders out in about 2-3 months, depending on how these final steps go." And is where my ears had perked up.

I know you guys have been working on the 4.7 for well over a year and also sneak in a few other models here/there which equals a VERY Large time latitude on delivering all of a specific model; a latitude range that could run a year from the start of release. Words you use like "might, may, hope, expect" are really referring to open ended time frames and have no bearing whatsoever on when you actually deliver. I don't mean that as a challenge or an insult, it's just a fact. It was my mistake to read to much into the verbiage you guys put out, because ultimately as you disclose, "there are no time guarantees". Fair enough, lesson learned. The onus is on me now, and for me personally the lead times have grown way longer based off past, current and future projections then I'm comfortable with and will put in for some refund requests on the the remaining outstanding orders I have. Thank you and god speed.

I've been trying to figure out where anyone from SURVIVE! said the GSO-7/7 would be out this fall. I am sure that at one point in time we had hoped that they would be out by fall, but I doubt we made any guarantees on that. Even so, those should be starting to ship out this fall. I'm highlighting some parts in my post which will help to explain how the GSO-7/7 will be ready sooner, rather than later.

Also, we MIGHT have a workshop apprentice which could POSSIBLY take some of the work off Guy, speeding things up even more. Time will tell on that one.

Last edited:
Cool, more first run knives for the rest of us! :)
I am still very optimistic (in a very general and nonspecific manner) for what the future may bring.

One for me and one for each of my boys. Good luck to you in snagging one to your liking ... hope your left-click finger is already training for the big event!

Congrats on getting 3 for you and the kids!
It'll be a feeding frenzy when they release more of the 4.1's!

One for me and one for each of my boys. Good luck to you in snagging one to your liking ... hope your left-click finger is already training for the big event!

Good for you for ordering one each for the kiddos :thumbup: We do that a lot here, too, as a family thing. One thing I've learned, one size does not fit all! But these S!Ks have been very popular among my bunch.

As for the clicky training, yes, I have been training very hard on CPKs. It makes the Monday sales look like a cake walk :eek: :D

Good for you for ordering one each for the kiddos :thumbup: We do that a lot here, too, as a family thing. One thing I've learned, one size does not fit all! But these S!Ks have been very popular among my bunch.

As for the clicky training, yes, I have been training very hard on CPKs. It makes the Monday sales look like a cake walk :eek: :D
I tried going at the Field Knife for the first time. I was doing it on my iPad and despite completing the whole thing within about 6 secs I still came in at the 12 place when only 10 are available. My heart was thumping with adrenaline after that. I guess I am too old for this. Because of the time zone difference, I am doing it at 3am here and I couldn't sleep after all the adrenaline.

Having said this, I do welcome these preorders and presale offered by S!K. I can sleep in peace knowing that my orders will eventually come one day.

I tried going at the Field Knife for the first time. I was doing it on my iPad and despite completing the whole thing within about 6 secs I still came in at the 12 place when only 10 are available. My heart was thumping with adrenaline after that. I guess I am too old for this. Because of the time zone difference, I am doing it at 3am here and I couldn't sleep after all the adrenaline.

Having said this, I do welcome these preorders and presale offered by S!K. I can sleep in peace knowing that my orders will eventually come one day.

Lol. Andy my friend, sounds you get as worked up as I do. :D The CPKs are very difficult on the Friday sales. Did you miss out on the field knife order thread? I bought one field knife off that thread, and like here, appreciate that I can lock down an order that way if I want. Don't let me get your hopes up unnecessarily, though. Nathan has just recently closed that, but he sold about 80 blades by preorder on it.

Lol. Andy my friend, sounds you get as worked up as I do. :D The CPKs are very difficult on the Friday sales. Did you miss out on the field knife order thread? I bought one field knife off that thread, and like here, appreciate that I can lock down an order that way if I want. Don't let me get your hopes up unnecessarily, though. Nathan has just recently closed that, but he sold about 80 blades by preorder on it.
Yup I did get my name in the preorder and I think there are 12 or 13 more to go before my time to pay up and secure the order. Thankfully my friend pointed me to the preorder page for the CPK Field Knife and he was the 2nd guy in the preorder who has paid and received his knife. I just met up with him a couple of days ago to get a feel of the knife and man I love it! Now I know I will be happy with both the CPK field knife and the GSO 4.1. Just love knives in this size category.

Yup I did get my name in the preorder and I think there are 12 or 13 more to go before my time to pay up and secure the order. Thankfully my friend pointed me to the preorder page for the CPK Field Knife and he was the 2nd guy in the preorder who has paid and received his knife. I just met up with him a couple of days ago to get a feel of the knife and man I love it! Now I know I will be happy with both the CPK field knife and the GSO 4.1. Just love knives in this size category.

That is great news and even better that you got to hold one in-hand. I've got a 4.1 coming from Jon and I'm excited to try it out this fall. Great blades from these two companies.

That is great news and even better that you got to hold one in-hand. I've got a 4.1 coming from Jon and I'm excited to try it out this fall. Great blades from these two companies.

I was hoping it would have arrived today. The Bravo was shipped at the same and he received his today. Hopefully only one more day.

I know. It's already missed out on one bear hunt, looks like it will miss out on another! Not like I don't have options, though, but WHY do I have to always be trying a new blade?! LOL

Glad to see some more 4.7s making it out, too.

Now that Guy is back to selling to Retailers, I'll have to keep an eye out for a 5.1 3v delta. No fuss no muss.

Now that Guy is back to selling to Retailers, I'll have to keep an eye out for a 5.1 3v delta. No fuss no muss.

A 5.1 in D3V may be a unicorn. I am not sure this variation is planned. I think the 4.1 is the first knife to get the delta heat treat, and it won't be on past models. I'm happy to be wrong on this, and more intelligent and knowledgeable people may disagree.

A 5.1 in D3V may be a unicorn. I am not sure this variation is planned. I think the 4.1 is the first knife to get the delta heat treat, and it won't be on past models. I'm happy to be wrong on this, and more intelligent and knowledgeable people may disagree.

There was a preorder for a batch of D3V. I did not bite as I felt that the current 3V is more than enough.

The next batch of GSO-5.1s will be D3V but there are none currently in existence.

We sell to Edgeworks and have no plans to expand on that in the near future, we are busy enough as is. We sell to Edgeworks because the owner there is the whole reason SURVIVE! exists in the first place. He is a personal friend and there are more details somewhere on this forum, but I'm not exactly sure where.

The next batch of GSO-5.1s will be D3V but there are none currently in existence.

We sell to Edgeworks and have no plans to expand on that in the near future, we are busy enough as is. We sell to Edgeworks because the owner there is the whole reason SURVIVE! exists in the first place. He is a personal friend and there are more details somewhere on this forum, but I'm not exactly sure where.

Once again, smarter people than me came to the rescue. Thanks Ellie.

AND better looking I'd wager ;)

Ellie, thanks for these updates lately. Glad to see so much going on in and coming out of the shop!

Back