1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

1st Friday Production Updates

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by SURVIVE! Ellie, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    It's 1st Friday again...
    Looking forward to the update.

2. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Riz!, grogimus, Hard Knocks and 5 others like this.
  3. grogimus

grogimus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 27, 2012
    Traitor. It was the perfect time to announce the 4.4LE, FTE, UFO, NSA, LTD, UGFY. In surgical stainless steel.

:D

4. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014

I agree with you. I just really hope it was a decision that they made on their own. I hope it was done to preserve some integrity and as an effort to show that they arent just scamming like all of the accusations that are flying around here. My fear is that paypal may have locked their ordering because of an influx of refund requests. Lets hope its the former and not the latter

5. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Oh man, I didn't think of it like that. I'm hoping for the same as well.

6. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    Just to go the extra step, here is a copy/paste of the text:

Fancier and Silver Needle like this.
  7. BBuser

BBuser

Sep 4, 2016
    I was just able to add a GSO 3.5 to my cart so the web page is still collecting orders on Sat morning.

When I ordered a GSO 3.5 in July the preferring was supposed to close in a few days.

Riz! likes this.
  8. halm

halm Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2012
    I’m putting my chances at getting the 5.1 I ordered a year and a half ago at 50-50 with a 2020 delivery date.

I remain more hopeful for the 4.1 and 7/7.... barely.

9. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    There’s some form of sadism going on with the S! ordering process. :eek:

palonej likes this.
  10. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    I think that the SK 3.5 was the model that closed in a few days, along with the SK 12 and SK 6.

11. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Silver, as I recall Ellie practically had to beg Guy to sell the seconds and uglies in the first place, so ending the weekly sales might not have been so hard for him. ;)

12. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Ha! I'm glad your memory is like a steel trap where as mine is like a steel siv!
    Now when the newsletter says closing down ordering, would you take that to mean cutting off all preordering as well? I was thinking they'd stop taking orders in any form.

13. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015
    It says the last of the presale 2.7's are shipping. I wonder if that means the 2.7 seconds will be shipping fairly soon?

14. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    when will the 4.1s actually go out??? at this rate i won’t see the 4.5 or delta 5.1 for another 3 years at minimum.

15. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Either PayPal or pressure from another source. Although I have no idea if this has happened to S!K or not, I have heard of companies losing their ability to accept credit cards if too many charges are disputed...

I sincerely doubt that this was something Guy and Ellie came up with on their own.

16. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    We are still accepting orders for t-shirts, silky saws, etc (using paypal or credit cards) so I think it should be pretty obvious that this is not the case.

I was pretty open before about the situation we're in with PayPal, but I will go into a bit more detail. When they decided we were a "high-risk" they chose to impose a minimum balance on our account, which just happened to match the amount of money that was in the account. Additionally, they are holding a percentage of every transaction for 180 days, even if it has been shipped or refunded.

There have been a lot of refund requests, including some where folks have gone straight to PayPal without contacting us first. But to keep it in perspective, since I started keeping track of refund numbers about a year ago we’ve refunded 8% of the knives on our backlog. I only keep track of the number of knives, not number of orders. With some folks ordering several knives the numbers start moving around, so I can’t say what the exact percentage of customers who have asked for refunds is. I would imagine it is similar.

Some things are still in stock because I added the inventory for them a while ago and haven't gone back in to remove the inventory that was remaining when we decided to stop taking new orders.

The GSO-4.1s have been going out and are continuing to go out. There were a ton of orders placed for those so it is taking time to get through them all.

Between the investment for the SK Series and the tighter heavy machining standards, our in house processing should start speeding up considerably. Less time fixing, more time for finishing.

17. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    I am glad you posted and thanks for the additional details.

Hard Knocks and Oyster like this.
  18. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    Thank you, Ellie!

Keep up the hard work, lots of us excitedly waiting :D

sryt95 and Oyster like this.
  19. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Great to hear, thanks Ellie.
    That helps to give peace of mind to those who are sticking out the wait times and uncertainty of the recent accusations and situation. Appreciate the post and personally, I am and will continue to be patient and as Chiral said, wait excitedly for my 2 models :thumbsup:

20. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Well, it’s 1st Friday again.
    Hopefully we’ll get an update.