1st Friday Production Updates

Less Fixing, More Finishing!

Have you been keeping up with our weekly WIP Wednesday posts on Instagram, @surviveknives? If so, you already know the exciting news from last week! Guy has been fixing misshapen handles for months in a precise but slow process. After seeing posts about this hand work the folks down at Millit asked about the issue and we were able to put our heads together to come up with some faster processes. They set Guy up on one of their CNC machines and in a few days he was able to complete all of the GSO-4.1 handles, GSO-4 Limited handles for existing preorders, and many of the GSO-7/7 handles.

In addition to handles, they are also going to be helping out with cleaning up some heavy machining lines and fine tuning some mismatched primary bevels. This will free up the SURVIVE! Workshop to stop worrying about fixing materials and start focusing on finishing knives.
Current Production:
  • While Guy's trip has put things on the fast track, it did cause a small delay in getting out the orders that are currently being worked on in the SURVIVE! Workshop. Those orders that were meant to ship last month will be heading out over the next two weeks. This includes:
    • The last GSO-4.1 Starter orders
    • GSO-7/7 Starter orders
    • Weekly sales from March 2017
  • GSO-4 Limited sheaths have started to arrive in our workshop!
  • The GSO-3.5 handles will be here soon, allowing us to nail down the sheath design. It should only be another couple of months before these are showing up in mailboxes.
  • We are still working out some final details and a release date for the SK-3.5 so stay tuned.
  • Check out the GSO-12 / SK-12 on the water-jet, click here!
  • The GSO-6 / SK-6 will be getting cut out next.
Future Production:
  • Production is scheduled to continue in the following order:
  • Additional models will be added to the production schedule once these are further along. This includes the Necker, Necker II, and GSO-4.7.

The last GSO-4.1 Starter orders!!! :cool: Come on home, darlin', I've been a waitin' for ya. :)

Though I won't mind at all if it waits until my GSO-4LE's are ready. I didn't order sheaths with them, so maybe those will come sooner than others' orders?

March 2018

1st Friday Production Update:

Current Production:
  • This month we are working on:
    • A final batch of GSO-4.1 Starter orders and then Preorders from May and June of 2015
    • GSO-7/7 Starter orders
    • Weekly Sales orders from March, April and May of 2017
  • GSO-4 Limited Preorders will be getting fulfilled once we are further along with fulfilling Preorders from 2015.
  • The GSO-3.5 / SK-3.5 runs are in the final stages of production. Keep an eye on our Instagram feed @surviveknives to know when handles, fasteners, and sheaths are starting to exist.
  • GSO-12 / SK-12 blanks are getting precision machined to size this month.
  • The GSO-6 / SK-6 run is getting ready to start cutting.
Future Production:
  • Production is scheduled to continue in the following order:
  • Additional models will be added to the production schedule once these are further along. This includes the Necker, Necker II, and GSO-4.7.

Thank you S Southbay

Anybody still waiting on a 2.7 (I've read a few comments around the net) is either blowing smoke or better drop S!K a line as I don't see that model mentioned anywhere in the line-up.

But I DO see mention of the next run of 4.7s!!! :cool: It's gonna be a while (years, perhaps?) but there it is. Of course, I am pretty sure there are folks who bought in for the next run of 5.1s already, so here's to them and to production speed increasing to reach them soon! :) I am also excited about them moving through to each of my own orders, including the GSO-10 I am waiting on, but having recently received my Starter 4.1, I need to carve out some time to put it to use first before I start itching for the next one, and there are more than one of those coming before the GSO-10 reaches production ;)

Keep it up, S!K, we are rooting for you!

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for my 2.7. I bought it in August, without the 90 day check box, so figured it would take a month TOPS. Probably/hopefully in this round of builds.
I have a 4.1 and two 7/7's in this batch shipping out. Can not wait!!! Wouldn't mind getting another 4.1. Hoping they do another weekly sale of 4.1's

I'm still waiting for my 2.7. I bought it in August, without the 90 day check box, so figured it would take a month TOPS. Probably/hopefully in this round of builds.
I have a 4.1 and two 7/7's in this batch shipping out. Can not wait!!! Wouldn't mind getting another 4.1. Hoping they do another weekly sale of 4.1's

Dude, call them during normal business hours, check on that 2.7!! Don't "hope" that it will be included in your box, make darn sure. With the 2.7s gone from mention, I'd look for a solid confirmation that it is coming so as to avoid frustration if it isn't there... that's my $0.02.

And thanks for letting us know :thumbsup: It helps keep perspective for all of us waiting to know what boats others are sitting in.

Dude, call them during normal business hours, check on that 2.7!! Don't "hope" that it will be included in your box, make darn sure. With the 2.7s gone from mention, I'd look for a solid confirmation that it is coming so as to avoid frustration if it isn't there... that's my $0.02.

And thanks for letting us know :thumbsup: It helps keep perspective for all of us waiting to know what boats others are sitting in.

Ok, I sent them an email. I will see what they say.

The 2.7 were weekly sales from August 2017. They are currently working on weekly sales from March/April/May 2017.

Thank you for that, that answers part of my confusion as to how there may be any 2.7s even left... And my apologies to all if i came off as bullying with my response that ATJ999 should call-in about his, I was just worried about 2.7 orders remaining unfulfilled with no explicit mention of them in the Update, and the last 2.7 update I saw on Instagram was back in October...

The 2.7 were weekly sales from August 2017. They are currently working on weekly sales from March/April/May 2017.
Mine was not a factory 2nd, and did not have the 90 day box. I don't know if they do factory 1st's in weekly sales. I am sure grolim, Oyster, or ajavail knows, or another long time S!K owner. I have only been a S!K user for a short time.
And yes, I will let you know what they say. It does make sense that it is not shipped yet if it was part of the weekly sales.

Last edited:
I cancelled my 2.7 orders a few days ago. At that time, they had absolutely no idea when they may be complete.

The model close outs would be available as Monday Sales, so if there are unfilled GSO 2.7 orders for firsts from August that is probably what they are.

I cancelled my 2.7 orders a few days ago. At that time, they had absolutely no idea when they may be complete.
I'm glad that they have stopped making unrealistic delivery estimates.
If they don't know when I'd rather hear that answer than a projected delivery date that they won't make.
I'm glad your refund processed quickly.

Mine was not a factory 2nd, and did not have the 90 day box. I don't know if they do factory 1st's in weekly sales. I am sure grolim, Oyster, or ajavail knows, or another long time S!K owner. I have only been a S!K user for a short time.
And yes, I will let you know what they say. It does make sense that it is not shipped yet if it was part of the weekly sales.

I apologize, those should have had the 90 day delivery checkbox on the product page. It's a check box that is off on its own so I must have missed it. During checkout there is a terms & conditions box where you need to check that your read them. That does say, "Unless otherwise mentioned, orders typically ship within 90 days" but I can't confirm when that box was updated so if that's not what it said then I apologize again.

We do consider the GSO-2.7s to be part of the weekly sales so they will head out once we are further along with those. The good news is that there were no weekly sales listed in June or July so we are actually a lot closer to those August orders than it may seem.

I apologize, those should have had the 90 day delivery checkbox on the product page. It's a check box that is off on its own so I must have missed it. During checkout there is a terms & conditions box where you need to check that your read them. That does say, "Unless otherwise mentioned, orders typically ship within 90 days" but I can't confirm when that box was updated so if that's not what it said then I apologize again.

We do consider the GSO-2.7s to be part of the weekly sales so they will head out once we are further along with those. The good news is that there were no weekly sales listed in June or July so we are actually a lot closer to those August orders than it may seem.

Could we also get an approximate idea of where we are (which month) with the 4.1s - specifically, the factory seconds?

Or perhaps I misunderstood and the above applies to all models?

Back