1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

1st time at Bladeshow was awesome!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Jcsixx01, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Jcsixx01

Jcsixx01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2018
    I went to the blade show with the primary goal of acquiring a lefty Shamwari. A knife that has always been out of reach for me.

We landed early bird passes for 1pm. We arrived at the Cobb galleria about 10 minutes before 1pm. My 3 yo daughter was eating an ice cream cone, but I didn’t have the patience to wait.

So I let my wife and kids behind to make my way to the Bull’s table, certain they would sell out quickly.

I made it to the Bull’s table and picked up a lefty Shamwari to purchase. I explained to Gareth that I had traveled a long way to purchase one of his knife’s.

Then Gareth said, “Oh wait, Your wife placed a custom order.” I was surprised to say the least. Soon my wife arrived wearing a shamwari t-shirt she had made up.

She joined Instagram with the user name “I need a Shamwari.” She messaged both Jason & Gareth explaining that she wanted to purchase a shamwari for our 10 year wedding anniversary (6/6).

Jason & Gareth discussed my wife’s request. They were touched & decided to make the knife.

Jason even hooked us up with the early bird passes. Something I was also clueless about. It would have been impossible to even see a lefty shamwari if we had to wait for general admission. All the Shamwari’s sold out quickly on the first day.

Jason and my wife did cook up a plan to hide the lefty shamwari’s from me for their amusement when they saw the shamwari t-shirt. My childlike impatience thwarted that plan though, thankfully.

The Bull’s were both awesome guys. It was a pleasure to meet them. They will be making me a custom Shamy based on my grail specs (lefty 3.3 textured titanium).

My wife is awesome too. <3. I already knew that though.

Sorry if this is at all confusing. I have been typing this up over several days.

2. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    You hold on to that one. Both the wife and the knife.

Jcsixx01 likes this.
  3. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Congrats cool story

4. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    It's too bad they have terrible communication and a long thread about them in the gb&u

5. Dallas T

Dallas T Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Dude what a cool story! Thanks for sharing that. Super cool chick too.

Jcsixx01 likes this.
  6. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Um where the pictures at?

BigKurtHaze and Dallas T like this.
  7. Jcsixx01

Jcsixx01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2018
  8. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Awesome story! Even better wife. Congrats

Jcsixx01 likes this.
  9. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Your wife is as golden as mine! Congratz!

It was my first blade also. Had a ball. I found my custom improved trapper (from Mike Z) but I didn't win the lotto for a t bose. Oh well, money in the bank lol.

10. Daedric Panther

Daedric Panther Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Cool!!!

11. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    My wife would be clueless as to selecting a knife for me. Guess you need to let them know what you want. ;)

Glad you enjoyed BLADE.

Dallas T likes this.
  12. WillB

WillB Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2007
    First time for me too. I went to have some knives assessed mostly, did buy a few things I wanted such as a sharpening system and such, and did bump into some cool people. Second pic is master smith J Hossom (who posts here on occasion) holding my early Retribution in 3V he made.

Ben Abbott.jpg JHossom.jpg

Jcsixx01 likes this.
  13. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    My wife was gracious enough to spend our 18th wedding aniversary at Bladeshow West last year... she "made me" purchase a few custom knives.

She started referring to me as "knife buddy"

Banter 247 and Jcsixx01 like this.
  14. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    It was my first time as well, and it was an amazing weekend! Picked up a few cool things but this Diskin takes the cake! I even got to buy it from @JParanee :D

[​IMG]

Of course this adorable little Bowie from Evan Miller @millere isn't too shabby either, and almost looks made to match;)

[​IMG]

~Chip

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Jcsixx01 likes this.
  15. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    My lady was a saint at West, as well. Very cool share, sir. Maybe the wives will wind up having an adjacent gathering down the road