1st time at Bladeshow was awesome!

I went to the blade show with the primary goal of acquiring a lefty Shamwari. A knife that has always been out of reach for me.

We landed early bird passes for 1pm. We arrived at the Cobb galleria about 10 minutes before 1pm. My 3 yo daughter was eating an ice cream cone, but I didn’t have the patience to wait.

So I let my wife and kids behind to make my way to the Bull’s table, certain they would sell out quickly.

I made it to the Bull’s table and picked up a lefty Shamwari to purchase. I explained to Gareth that I had traveled a long way to purchase one of his knife’s.

Then Gareth said, “Oh wait, Your wife placed a custom order.” I was surprised to say the least. Soon my wife arrived wearing a shamwari t-shirt she had made up.

She joined Instagram with the user name “I need a Shamwari.” She messaged both Jason & Gareth explaining that she wanted to purchase a shamwari for our 10 year wedding anniversary (6/6).

Jason & Gareth discussed my wife’s request. They were touched & decided to make the knife.

Jason even hooked us up with the early bird passes. Something I was also clueless about. It would have been impossible to even see a lefty shamwari if we had to wait for general admission. All the Shamwari’s sold out quickly on the first day.

Jason and my wife did cook up a plan to hide the lefty shamwari’s from me for their amusement when they saw the shamwari t-shirt. My childlike impatience thwarted that plan though, thankfully.

The Bull’s were both awesome guys. It was a pleasure to meet them. They will be making me a custom Shamy based on my grail specs (lefty 3.3 textured titanium).

My wife is awesome too. <3. I already knew that though.

Sorry if this is at all confusing. I have been typing this up over several days.

It's too bad they have terrible communication and a long thread about them in the gb&u

Your wife is as golden as mine! Congratz!

It was my first blade also. Had a ball. I found my custom improved trapper (from Mike Z) but I didn't win the lotto for a t bose. Oh well, money in the bank lol.

My wife would be clueless as to selecting a knife for me. Guess you need to let them know what you want. ;)

Glad you enjoyed BLADE.

First time for me too. I went to have some knives assessed mostly, did buy a few things I wanted such as a sharpening system and such, and did bump into some cool people. Second pic is master smith J Hossom (who posts here on occasion) holding my early Retribution in 3V he made.

Ben Abbott.jpg JHossom.jpg

My wife was gracious enough to spend our 18th wedding aniversary at Bladeshow West last year... she "made me" purchase a few custom knives.

She started referring to me as "knife buddy"

It was my first time as well, and it was an amazing weekend! Picked up a few cool things but this Diskin takes the cake! I even got to buy it from JParanee JParanee :D

image-20190607_131734.jpg

Of course this adorable little Bowie from Evan Miller @millere isn't too shabby either, and almost looks made to match;)

20190608_115046.jpg

~Chip

Last edited:
My wife was gracious enough to spend our 18th wedding aniversary at Bladeshow West last year... she "made me" purchase a few custom knives.

She started referring to me as "knife buddy"

My lady was a saint at West, as well. Very cool share, sir. Maybe the wives will wind up having an adjacent gathering down the road

Just received the images of my finished custom lefty Shamwari from Gareth. Jason and Gareth have been a pleasure to deal with. I’m psyched.

6E8E5B74-1368-48E4-9E9C-AB46BA7FA3F2.jpeg 53E920A7-E156-4102-8E70-144C9B6FB5D6.jpeg FBA6CD2B-1B68-4643-8E6B-CA68EA0B913B.jpeg

Back