20 years on Bladeforums

Great, John! The time does fly on here huh? And in general too!! Can’t believe I’m 58 now! My wife and I serve a meal every other year at the rescue mission here In Nashville. Very rewarding to do for others on Thanksgiving day! Not an entry, just thankful for blessings and for your presence here on the porch, John!

Nice one Chief :thumbsup: Very interesting GAW and complex drawing system, all winners will be getting a very decent Christmas present:cool: Let's all be thankful for the kindnesses in life, because there's plenty of opposites..

Regards, Will

Congrats to all the winners. However, it has been nice to read that there are still good people out there doing good things. Of course, we already knew that we have a bunch of good people on the porch!

Congratulations to the winners of this fine GAW. Chief Chief - John thanks for a generous effort with depth to it. If and when I ever sell a knife (and it will surely happen eventually) I will leave the selling price up. Have a great weekend all.

I totally missed out on this one but I'd still like to congratulate all the winners and John for such a cool well meaning GAW and of course on your 20 years here on BladeForums. I've only been here since early 2016 but I sure have seen my share of great acts of kindness and just all round respect given as it should be and I'm looking forward to hopefully getting 20 years on BladeForums myself God willing and if the creek don't rise ;) One more thing I really agree with leaving the price up you sold your knife for. ✌

Congrats to @MartyNC on winning the exquisite ebony TC, to Airborne 1 Airborne 1 on winning the wondrous white bone TC, to R rishma on winning the stellar stag #14, and to @chivaceae on winning the elegant elk #99! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::)

Thanks again for the very generous GAW, Chief Chief ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: It was interesting and often heart-warming to read the entries; inspiring theme for the GAW! :):thumbsup: Congrats again on your membership milestone! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
(I don't think I have the genes to make it to 20 years as a BF member. :rolleyes:)

- GT

I received my package! Simply fantastic. I have been admiring this run of 14’s with the clip and pen blade above all other knives this year. I prefer small knives and I can see this one will be in my pocket most of the time. The stag is beautiful. It is without question the finest knife I own. Thank you John for the generous gift.

Ill get some pictures as soon as I get a chance to be outside of work during the daylight.

Last edited:
John, my apologies for not seeing this before now. I missed several things during my short hiatus from the forum and this was one of them. First and foremost Sir, let me commend you and thank you for your service to our great country. Second let me congratulate you on 20 years on BladeForums. When I first discovered this place your photos along with those of Primble were some of the things that helped draw me here. I would not have been eligible for the GAW for one reason. While I don’t know how much “plenty of cash” is, I am pretty sure I have more than 50 knives. Accumulated over 40+ years of collecting. Last but not least I wish to congratulate all the winners! :)

Hi Chief (John) (and All). Wow. Just wow. I’ve literally just stumbled on this thread and read it in its entirety. You are an outstanding member, John, and words don’t quite do justice to your generosity. Your “tell it like it is” / no BS style is a good and rare thing. Your commitment to the porch and to enriching people’s knowledge of traditionals knows few if any limits. Sincere congratulations on 20 years membership and for your professional service in the USAF. I have to confess to removing sale prices on occasion. I’m not even sure why I did it and I apologise unreservedly if that has annoyed anyone. Well, that won’t happen anymore. All power to you Chief. Best regards. MJ.

Hey John
I saw this Giveaway come up when you started it, I thought " Heck..." Well .... Nah....ok I used a wee bit of a stronger word but continued to think what a strong and generous giveaway, Congrats to the extremely lucky winners, and John Thank you for all your fantastic contributions, your generosity- and your darned good Photography!

Back