2002 Knife Drought is Over!

After 9-11-01 my business came to a screetching halt, at this point there's no sign of it getting better. Things are tight, new knives aren't an option. I'm not looking for sympathy or for someone to take up a collection, I have more knives than I could use in a lifetime. Still, when you're a Knifenut you need a new knife every once in a while. I thought my Camillus OVB/Fisk Bowie would be my first new knife of 2002, but I still have no idea when those are going to be shipped.

Luckily, I was asked by Darrel Ralph and Rob Simonich to do some graphics work for them. When they asked what I wanted for my work I said, "Knives!" Yesterday I received from Darrel a CUDA/EDC in Talonite, and today I received from Rob a CUDA Mini-Talon. :D
I haven't had the chance to really test out either of these knives, but one is clipped in my pocket and the other is dangling around my neck. There's no doubt in my mind that they will perform beautifully, they've already made me very happy.

Thanks, Darrel & Rob.

congrats on the new knives.
if you dont have any other talonite knives,i think you will be pleasantly surprised with the performance of it.

if you ordered from stab-o-matic,it should be shipped soon...within days.

Thats really great Phil. Im sure everyone who has seen your work knows that you earned those knives for sure.

Awesome Phil!

I know in chat the other dya you were saying you had NO new knvies yet. Congrats!! By the way, I know a great pic takin' bastid who can whip up some nice shots of those knives for ya. :p

Congrats Phil,
I feel your pain (as discussed while kicking tires at the Nov. NYC show). Glad to see the Barter System is alive & well...
Wonder if I can trade a rusty Kukhri for my last phone bill.
Good knives amigo- enjoy them.
Mike

I remember we were comparing our "to get" lists and both of us had those 2 pieces listed. I am very happy to know that you can now cross those off. I'll be along shortly, i hope. :)

Glad to hear it, you earned it.

Back