2004 Midwes Khuk Khonvention sign up thread...

Okay, I thought I would be able to give a firm answer this week, but I was wrong. Since it is the Saturday before Easter weekend, there is a good chance that I will be expected to work. It is far enough in advance, though, that I can arrange to have it off. That is, I could arrange to be off, if my boss hadn't decided to take his vacation this week and next without telling anyone. I will have a definite answer when he gets back.

BTW- I kinda like the "Easter egg hunt" idea. :D

not sure about the easter egg hunt idea....

I would go for an easter egg toss and chop event...:eek:

Kinda like baseball with a khukuri...

:D :eek: :D

Originally posted by pendentive
not sure about the easter egg hunt idea....

I would go for an easter egg toss and chop event...:eek:

Kinda like baseball with a khukuri...

:D :eek: :D

Now THAT is hard boiled.

hee ehe! Actually, that's not far off from an ancient Germanic "Easter" custom.

-----------------------------OT----------------------------------
Ostara (Os=East, tara=star, thus EastStar=Easter), is the Norse/Germanic tribal Goddess of the rising sun in the Spring equinox. One of the celebrations for luck in the coming year (ancient germanic tribes held the spring equinox as the first day of the new year) was to brightly decorate hard-boiled eggs (standard egg symbology there) and toss them high in the air. If you toss and catch an egg many times without breaking it, the shell pieces are kept for good luck.
__________________________END OT_______________________________

MacHete, we'll lsiten out fer you 2C what transpires.

Keith

Still trying to arrange things at work.

What time does the festivities begin on April 3rd??

Semp

(as my sister says)

...At the Butt-Crack of Dawn...

:eek:

:D

But I think the workshops are going to be an all-day thing. So, if you have to come late, you won't really miss anything in particular...just some horsin' around...

We'll be traveling Friday (all day) and going to stay overnight in the area...will be able to get an early start Sat. as well.
Probably should all meet up and blow the Airhorn in front of Nasty's house at say.....5am??? :D :D :D

just kidding Ray...
;) ;)

Guess we'll need Nasty to sign off on that, then I'll put it in the top of the thread.

I'll be doin the day trip thing, but I don't mind getting up and driving in the dark. Makes the coffe taste that much better. So I vote fer as early as Nasty gets up.

Whose bringin the donuts? he heehee/!

Keith

Hi, All:

Say, we've got a few undefined areas in the khon I want yall 2 think about:

Show and tell -- Lessee some cool stuff from the forumites. I fer one will have more than jest khuks with me, I hope yall bring some neat stuff from yer collection to show was well. (i.e., You guys hafta see this old, old African sword...)

Workshops - Are we hitting everything folks want to see/do? Does anyone want to add their talents to the shops? Just let me know, and we'll add it on.

Let us know, you get out what you put in!

Keith

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess I'll get up when that airhorn goes off! Let's see...should I give Warren the address of the neighbor I don't like? Can you picture it?

Warren goes up, blasts the airhorn (picture his avatar, fully loaded with Khuks sticking out of every possible nook and cranny), the neighbor rushes out to start bit**ing, sees Warren and runs screaming down the street!

Crack of dawn is fine...I'll have coffee and sweets for the morning sugar rush, then we can spend some time laying out our babies for the best display competition (some sort of plaque, remember), generally shovel the BS and get things set up for the rest of the day.

Then, the rest of the day (how's that for a specific agenda?). Dusk, the Khuks get put up and the firewater comes out until it gets boring...(I'd do the music blaring thing but we have a 2200 quiet time agreement)

(I can't wait until SHMBO gets home and hears all this!) :eek:

Better make it 0800 except for Pen and Keith...

I've sent a proposed agenda to Dan and Keith...it'll be posted soon

Ray - you're making me nervous...:eek:

Maybe you should order one of Uncle's special handmade handbags and present it the same time you're asking...:footinmou

don't mind me...I'll be the one sneaking into your backyard to start setting up equipment at 0500...:eek:

Hey Nasty,

I doubt I can stay in the eve, but I'd like to be there early in the morning as possible. Would it be possible for me to arrive Friday evening and either set up a small tent or hang my hammock somewhere?
As we get closer to the time I can let you know for sure.

You're in luck Hollow...the first to ask is an automatic yes for a tent in the yard (Friday night and Saturday night is fine). If more ask, I'll have to start measuring space. I can see stories for years to come "I stayed at this Nasty campground...idgits with big curved knives running around looking to chop on anything...it could be made into a movie and surpass both Jason and Night of the Living Dead!

Maybe I'll have to send SHMBO on a trip to visit the grandkids that weekend! :grumpy:

ps: Will you still be able to bring some choppable wood? My house is *totally* off limits! (well, unless we run out of anything else to chop)

What, What!?!? Is this something that needs put at the top? What is this competition? HI Khuk show-and-tell with a prize?

Enquiring minds wanna know.

Keith

Hey! How's the logo design coming? If I can get an image of it soon enough, I might be able to come up with some give-aways (or for-sale-cheaps) emblazoned with it. My brother works for a trophy outfit, so I might be able to get a deal on plaques and such. Let me know if I can help. :)

Back