2006 Forum Knife??

I would be interested in the scrimmed folder. Thanks for the great idea and offer.

Dave

Count me in. I can supply at least one of my own scrims to be done.
How do we go forward from here?

This is a job for Phil. If you give him time he can produce ANYTHING!

Paul

Paul,
You could make the sheathes for the forum knives, especially if there are some fixed blades! That would keep you busy, at least for a day or two! :D
I haven't gotten back to my sheath project yet, got busy yesterday. Maybe this afternoon, but most likely tomorrow.

Take care my friend, and thanks again for all your help.
Dale

Count me in for whatever is decided...

Glenn

I would definately be interested in a set, something like this far surpasses any expectations I ever had. Thanks for the great suggestion, Tom.

cykc

Wonderful. Beyond my wildest dreams for a forum knife.

I have a message in to a place that may can help with the folders. Problem is, this dealer, like all others, is down to the bottom of the Schrade barrels. The 507s (LB7 sized plain pale yellow/ivory) are dirty, greasy, bolsters need polishing. I showed one off here that cleaned up beautifully. $20 each, $500 for 25 of them. I will report what I find out and I'll keep looking.

Phil

Attachments

• SSC507B.jpg
    SSC507B.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 18
textoothpk said:
Wonderful. Beyond my wildest dreams for a forum knife.

I have a message in to a place that may can help with the folders. Problem is, this dealer, like all others, is down to the bottom of the Schrade barrels. The 507s (LB7 sized plain pale yellow/ivory) are dirty, greasy, bolsters need polishing. I showed one off here that cleaned up beautifully. $20 each, $500 for 25 of them. I will report what I find out and I'll keep looking.

Phil

Phil,
There are several of us who could polish them up, it isn't that hard. I just am not sure what to clean the derlin with. I run across that ever so often with the yellow & ivory Frontiers. How do you get the grease off?

The brass is not hard to polish with a buffer, I can even get light scratches out, especially if they are not right on the edge next to the derlin.

Dale

Dale said:
Phil, There are several of us who could polish them up, it isn't that hard. I just am not sure what to clean the derlin with. I run across that ever so often with the yellow & ivory Frontiers. How do you get the grease off?
The brass is not hard to polish with a buffer, I can even get light scratches out, especially if they are not right on the edge next to the derlin.
Dale

UH Fan said:
Actually, to be honest, I have never heard of this happening before. We used to use "Blue Magic" to get tarnish, dirt and all that good stuff off and make the knives look good as new. You just wipe in on, rub it around and buff it off, but be sure not to wipe it from one material surface to the other, because it will carry over. The other thing that we had was some kind of citrus orange stuff that worked pretty good for "newing" up the knives. Something else that I would try myself just to get stain out, but I've never seen it used in the factory, is a smooth white toothpaste. That stuff works great for all kinds of stains. Just be sure not to use ANYTHING abrasive, and don't soak it for ANY length of time, because that will definitely ruin your knife.

Maybe this helps. In the auto factory we used nitrogen cooled buffers to keep from damaging the plastic. Also, you could do the ivory delrin covers like we did the accent paint next to a buffing area, cover it with masking tape to protect it when buffing the brass

Codger

Hey I'm sure I'mthe most JR.member here(4 days ) but being an old hog hunter I've never had enough brains...I mean never been afraid to reach in grab a big one by the leg even if there was agood chance of getting bit.Sounds like to me if you want a fixed check (a) if it's a folder check (b)count them up see what the order comes to . for arguement sake say a total of 50 or so knives it would probably be more likely getting 30 of one twenty of the other ...than 50 of any one...I'm in I Check (a) put me in for a fixed.That is of course if I'm invited.

I can't get enough of the lockbacks. I'm running late for work.. can someone Email Andy from 'sportsnuts'?
Phil

Can only get 7 of the 'dirty' 507s. No luck on finding SC502. These knives would be the best size for Frank's work. I have written to Andy asking what he has available. I'll report back what he says. I only have one other lead to check on, but the dealer is on a fishing trip to Florida.

Individual unscrimmed 507s do come up on ebay... I have noted buy it now prices of $29 to $59.

I did find 17 ivory linen micarta 507s, I think around $28 each. But that is not enough, and we want them all the same, plus I don't know how much more difficult those are to work with.

Phil

This scrim idea is the best thing anyone has come up with and I believe we need to take advantage of this once in a liftime offer. The problem is enough product to accomplish the project. As I said before I would personally take anything, any pattern, any style just to get 1) a forum knife and 2) Frank's original work. Therefore I suggest we reach an agreement to take what ever pattern we get on a random draw basis. That way we might be able to get enough product in say 3 or 4 patterns. If an individual gets something he doesn't want by way of pattern, then I'm sure there would be some trade possibilities between forum members. I have already told Phil if he needed some front money to get them bought (assuming he can even find them) that I would help with some or all of the front money and then settle up as the collections come in. This is probably going to wind up being 3 or 4 here and 10 or so there etc.
Phil is probably the best at sniffing out product, but any help any of us can give him in locating stuff would be appreciated I'm sure. Also if any of you have duplicates you would be able to sell at a price Phil thinks is market reasonable, that would be an option too.

Paul

Back