2006 Forum Knife??

Good thoughts there. Another option mentioned is some of us providing our own base knives. I have an unscrimmed ivory Delrin sharpfinger, and may be able to pick up a folder off eBay in the near future. Tom, how much trouble do we cause by varying the patterns to be scrimmed?

Just a thought,
There have been a number of Frontier #4432 on eBay lately which is the four-inch Stockman, with the ivory derlin handles. Some of them have been going pretty reasonably The scrimshaw would probably have to be done on the reverse side because of the large Powderhorn shield on the front side. I know it's not a Schrade, exactly, but it is an Imperial. I just don't know how many of them we could find, though I have seen six or eight recently on eBay. Delander had some, that is who I bought mine from. Maybe he has more.

Just my $.02,
Dale

I have one unscrimed 152,one 507SC and one 507LTD with NS bolsters.I also can buy 4 unscrimed 152 for 25 apiece and shipping.I would really like to have these knives stay Schrade.Arnold

I haven't been paying attention to this thread lately,but I'll take a set if they're available.
Ron

Hey ..GUYS....I just got off of Ebay and there isn't alot on there.But while I'm skipping around I had a brain fart....I..I ..I ..mean brain storm this whole thing with the Forum knife(s) is kinda to celebrate the Schrade name and to TRY and end up with a very special memento.We are all painfully aware of the shortage of knives but especially like knives.BUT...what about a ,Schrade collectors Forum loto knife(s),or raffle? If there are 50,75,100???at $5...$10...$15.???? have the sign up take the money see what special set,sets.If there ended up being ten sets and four single knifes .Then asign everyone a # accordingly and on a certain day do the pick(s).You could have one guy hold the numbers and another guy do the picks???????Just a thought on another way to have some remnant of the Schrade Forum 2006 Knife that the collectors could get excited about ....SAD but thats about what it's come to. The sets or knives that were available would be just that much more of a treasure .Any thoughts...sugestions...????BONE HEAD IDEA???

Ideally, everyone would get a knife. I think that is how it should be. I would rather avoid any type of lottery.

Just my $.02
Dale

Is it possible to have Canal Street make the knives,like we discussed before, with unscrimmed scales and then have them scrimmed by Mr.Frank Giorgianni.
Whatever,I think it would be appropriate for us to chip in and get a couple extra made,as a modest token of our appreciation to Mr.Giorgianni and his son.
If there are any charges/costs associated with the scrimming,I am more than willing to pay that also.
Ron

textoothpk said:
Can only get 7 of the 'dirty' 507s. No luck on finding SC502. These knives would be the best size for Frank's work. I have written to Andy asking what he has available. I'll report back what he says. I only have one other lead to check on, but the dealer is on a fishing trip to Florida.

Individual unscrimmed 507s do come up on ebay... I have noted buy it now prices of $29 to $59.

I did find 17 ivory linen micarta 507s, I think around $28 each. But that is not enough, and we want them all the same, plus I don't know how much more difficult those are to work with.

Phil

This guy has 20 507sc's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7233198060&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

I'm getting one to see how bad the scratches are on the brass.I also asked him what the price would be if we bought the balance of the 20.
How many 507sc's would that total?
Edited to add that boxes aren't available from this guy.

Ron

Here's his reply:

I am not sure if I can get a few more. I'll let you know in few days. For the rest it will be $33.00 each including shipping without going through Ebay. Thanks Jerry

Since he's selling these for $30 + shipping on eBay,I think $33 shipped is a little too stiff.Especially when you deduct about $3.50 for eBay and Paypal fees.
Ron

If that guy really has 20 of them and we need to go that route I could possibly pick them up since he's here in Illinois to eliminate the shipping costs if he's willing to do that.

cykc

Back