2008 Knifemakers Christmas Gift Exchange! (2nd Annual)

OK been working all day. I will ship it overnight Monday. I hope it gets there.:grumpy:
Made from a file
Blood wood handle with black spacer.
Kydex sheathe and a teclok.
Yes those are my initials and I am going with it.:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0936.jpg
    IMG_0936.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Jimbo,

Use the Post Office Express Mail as it is less expensive than UPS or Fed-Ex and they deliver to all major cities on Christmas Day.

WadeH - If your guy fails to send - I will send you one of my Custom stone handled folding knives.... PM me if you get left out....

Ebay and custom knife orders have been real slow due to the economy taking a big dive so I have time and knives I can use....

That is very generous of you. I was not thinking of getting left out as more wondering were he is.

Well it is official now, I will be late. I had the blade all done and sanded down to 400 and then did the heat treatment including normalizing 3 times and noticed the blade had a bow in it. Worked on it and could not get it out so I heated it up and straightened it back out and started over again with the heat treatment. Well it warped again. So I started over again. I got the new blade done and heat treated. Got it sanded down to 600. All I have to do now is the handle, but it will not be able to get done before Christmas gets here. I hate running late. :( Maybe it will be a Russian Christmas present. :)

Redrummd, That really is generous of you. As far as our secret Santa, the cat is out of the bag. Coincidentally, Wade and I drew each others name, and have since contacted each other. I am a firm believer that excuses are the opposite of reasons and will not burden the group with mine. Let it be sufficient that there is a reason, well a few, that I have not been around on the site lately. I will be back in full swing here shortly and once I have Wade's sheath finished, he will be looking for band-aids in no time :) Sorry again Wade, I hope when you get the knife you feel it was worth the wait.

Time to let the cat out of the bag. I just talked with my wife. Since she kept the list secret from me until I got my knife, I had no idea what was going on. There was no coverup, since I wasn't in on it. When I found out what she did, I started laughing. She reversed the computerized list that I sent her and put the names in backwords. Thus, the last name on the list got the first name and vice versa. The second name on the list and the second to last names had each other. This went on until the middle of the list. Since there were an odd (81) number of participants, when she got to the middle three, she had those three exchange among themselves, so they are the only ones not getting a knife from the person that they made one for. She didn't even realize that she was pairing us all up with each other.

I think it's hilarious!

Those of you near the middle of the list, still don't know if you're getting one from the same person that you made one for. Only my wife and I know who those three in the middle are. But, if your name starts with ABCDE or TUVWXY, then you are waiting for a knife from the same person that you made one for.

And I thought I knew who I was getting one from now here I am in the middle. :)

Well I got mine this afternoon! But I haven't sent mine ( and wont for a week or so) so it will sit under our tree until such time as I do not feel like such a loser (when Simon gets his),,,

Thanks Simon,,, pics will follow,,

jm

JM, good to hear you got yours in time, i was worried it would end up being late. i'm not worried about the wait, it should be coming in right around the same time as some gear i just ordered, so it will be like christmas for new years!

this has been fun guys, i just wish i had planned better. perhaps next year!

Robert Mayo,
I got a PM from the maker who is making your knife. He asked that I tell you that it will be a little late, with his apologies.

Robert Mayo,
I got a PM from the maker who is making your knife. He asked that I tell you that it will be a little late, with his apologies.

Thanks for the info Scott. Who ever you are don't worry i don't mind waiting i'm sure it will be nice:thumbup:.

Bob

I'm sooo anxtious!! I've been checking this thread almost every hour. Every time I come home from work I check themailbox first. However I know that ifit WOULD come my wife would call me anyway.

I'm sooo anxtious!! I've been checking this thread almost every hour. Every time I come home from work I check themailbox first. However I know that ifit WOULD come my wife would call me anyway.

LOL Me to I am almost as excited to see if the person likes what I sent them to find out what I am gettin LOL
:D

I recieved my gift knife from Shawn Tardif 3 days early and couldnt wait to open it. I am thrilled to have his "#47" . I wish I was forging and finishing knives this well at 47 under my belt. Thanks Shawn. I love it! Merry Christmas Brother!

Alexander, I'm VERY sorry that your knife won't be there for Christmas! The "little bit late" thread got buried, so you probably did not see it. Here's a link http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605935

Again I can't express how sorry I am about this, but you'll get it! :eek: Warmest regards, and wishing you and yours a ver Merry Christmas! -Matt-

Back