2008 Knifemakers Christmas Gift Exchange! (2nd Annual)

That's ok Matt. I wasn't sure that it would be you that it would be coming from. Yours has been in the states since the 19th however. Hope you like it. It's full of (shall we say) learning moments. But I'm quite pleased with the result. I hope you like it.

That's ok Matt. I wasn't sure that it would be you that it would be coming from. Yours has been in the states since the 19th however. Hope you like it. It's full of (shall we say) learning moments. But I'm quite pleased with the result. I hope you like it.

The international exchanges are the ones that excite me almost as much as the one I sent out. I like hearing about people from all over the world exchanging gifts! It makes the world seem just a little bit smaller and a little bit warmer.

The international exchanges are the ones that excite me almost as much as the one I sent out. I like hearing about people from all over the world exchanging gifts! It makes the world seem just a little bit smaller and a little bit warmer.

My exchange knife went to Spain! I am hoping that it makes through customs and all that fun stuff. I just sent my recipient (mikel_24) email to let him know that if he hasn't already got it, that he should see it soon. Seeing how this exchange worked out it looks like I should be keeping an eye out for a package from Spain!

Allen

Just to let you all know, since it's soooooooo close to Christmas, the only ones not making direct exchanges are Rudy Joly, Louis Kovanda and Brian Lawson. The three of them are exchanging among themselves. Rudy is making for Bryan, Bryan is making for Louis and Louis is making for Rudy. Louis was the exact center of the list alphabetically.

Alexander, I'm glad that you understand and are a forgiving person! I'm sure I will love the knife, especially with it's "learning moments"! Yours will have quite a few of them as well! :D These exchange knives have a lot of sentimental value to me, as they are Christmas presents, and I know the care and pride that goes into making them. They become part of my "permanent collection". They don't get sold or traded... just used, admired and showed off! :cool: -Matt-

Teknition and I had each others names and I must say I got a great knife from him plus a nice letter. Many thanks and you do some great work. Really, interesting design and well done. Post #442 in this thread if you guys want to be jealous.

Last year I got another great knife from Cantrel. I enjoyed getting it and studying and owning it, But, the woman that has been watching my wife for me has a teenage son and not much money, so, last week I gave her last years knife for her to give to him. I think I am going to make it a tradition. Keep my Christmas exchange knife for a year and then pass it on to someone deserving. I hope that's fine with those who draw me. I figure most you guys won't mind and even like the idea. Many of us have plenty of knives, I could never sell a gift knife and I am blessed with most of the things I want and need. I figure it is a good way to share the wealth. Plus, I get to feel great twice with each knife, when I get it and again when I give it away.

I got mine! DP Knives and I traded.....

Very nice knife.

Thank you Doug and thank you Scott for setting this up.
SDS

I couldn't hold out any more, today I had to open the knife Jim (ib2v4u) sent me. It is very sharp, well crafted, and comfortable in the hand. Thank you Jim, I really like this knife and will run it through its paces.

I like your idea of using the knife for a year and then giving it to someone that may otherwise not have an opportunity to ever have a custom knife. As you said, most of us have more knives than we know what to do with and this is a great way to pass on some good fortune to others.

Thank you Scott and Linda for taking the time and effort to put this exchange on. This is my first, and definitely not my last.

Brad
www.AndersonKnives.ca

ib2v4u, very cool of you. Sounds like a very "Christmas" thing to do.

Merry Christmas everyone,
SDS

I just opened mine from SDS and I was able to wait till it was officially Christmas here just after midnight. It is a great knife and a real nice sheath to boot. thanks Shawn and thanks very much Scott for setting this exchange up. Doug

I was just getting caught up on this thread and Jim's post was great. I think it really says something about a man with as many troubles he is facing and is still thinking of others. My hat is off to you Sir. My God Bless you and your family.

On a side note I have got my knife finally finished and the only thing left is to put an edge on it. I have almost finished my first sheath also. Just have to put a finish coat on it. I guess it like they always say, better late than never. I am sure glad Matt is a patient man.

Back