2009 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Khia, I woul just like to know the status of my order? Thanx!

Vince

Currently in my high tech order queue (wrote down on a piece of paper and duct taped to the wall above the drill press ;)).

Will be getting to it in a day or two and shipping Friday.

Could you post pics of some of the options? Because I've seen other kydex makers do this, and they have alot of options but no pics. I understand you could probably send me a few pics if I were intrested, but what about posting some here so everybody can know what that it. Sorry if I'm being a kydex idiot, but It would be really cool.

Could you post pics of some of the options? Because I've seen other kydex makers do this, and they have alot of options but no pics. I understand you could probably send me a few pics if I were intrested, but what about posting some here so everybody can know what that it. Sorry if I'm being a kydex idiot, but It would be really cool.

Sure. I'm outta here for the Holiday, but I'll try to put up a pictorial guide on Monday. :thumbup:

Currently in my high tech order queue (wrote down on a piece of paper and duct taped to the wall above the drill press ;)).

Will be getting to it in a day or two and shipping Friday.

Hi, it's now wednesday and i still have not received my order. Did it ship on friday? if not when? can you provide tracking #? I purchase this back on 11/10 and i't s been over two weeks now. - Vince

Hi, it's now wednesday and i still have not received my order. Did it ship on friday? if not when? can you provide tracking #? I purchase this back on 11/10 and i't s been over two weeks now. - Vince

I didn't make it to the PO Friday, so it shipped Monday. I just replied to your emails with the DC#.

Before I started playing with kydex, I had no idea just how much time one sheath would take. The molding is easy. It's the rest of the finishing that takes so much time.

Alrighty. My site is currently ugly as sin, sparse, and frankly I don't even go to it. So, I'm playing around and trying to simplify it from a browser perspective, and attempting to make it look halfway decent.

Here's what I'm thinking ...

http://www.customkydex.com/test/index.htm

Better? Worse? Obviously nothing works on it, but what do you think as far as looks?

I'm also gonna put back the on-site buying options for Moras and a few others like I had on the original site, cause it saves me from answering the same dozen emails everyday.

Suggestions, comments? What do YOU want to see? Any ideas or input will be greatly appreciated.

Kiah,

First off, I would like to order one of the well fed Dairy Goats that you just listed on the front page. :thumbup: Great Pic. :D

Most of this you have probably already thought of but........If possible (always a pre-requisite) I will throw out the following ideas;

Expand your Front Page to fill the Screen completely, this is your chance to capture the attention of store browsers. On the Right to Middle area - post some great pics, type a short message about what is new with you, the website, your Forum, sales etc. If possible use Hyperlinks in each photo to take the viewer to a similiar area on the Site.

Earthtones are great, I like em. No need to get fancy, most folks like a clean navigable... navigaatable... uh... easy to use website.

I think having an area of "standard" offerings is a great idea. As many as you can think of with no options - this will help you stay streamlined. Offer Options (colors, clips, Lanyards, etc) in a secondary area.

I've got some other ideas (though I'm certainly no expert) that are more easily delivered verbally so if you want to chat about those just shoot me an email.

Kiah,

First off, I would like to order one of the well fed Dairy Goats that you just listed on the front page. :thumbup: Great Pic. :D

Sorry, Gus cleaned me out over the weekend. Something about a wedding. I didn't dare delve deeper.

Expand your Front Page to fill the Screen completely, this is your chance to capture the attention of store browsers.

I'm back and forth on that. I wanna make it viewable without scrolling on smaller monitors, but then I think "Who's still using 800x600?". Still up in the air on this one.

On the Right to Middle area - post some great pics, type a short message about what is new with you, the website, your Forum, sales etc. If possible use Hyperlinks in each photo to take the viewer to a similiar area on the Site.

That's kinda the plan, though I'm bad about updating, and don't want it to get stagnant feeling. Hopefully I can get the lead out of my ass as far as that goes though and keep it fresh. Some kinda blog software would be good, but I'll have to look into it. I'm using Xara WD right now which makes it easy enough I guess.

Earthtones are great, I like em. No need to get fancy, most folks like a clean navigable... navigaatable... uh... easy to use website.

Yeah, I suck at color picking. I figured brown would look good. I don't wanna go with the whole pseudo military look. I know that's appealing to some but it's not my style.

I think having an area of "standard" offerings is a great idea. As many as you can think of with no options - this will help you stay streamlined. Offer Options (colors, clips, Lanyards, etc) in a secondary area.

Yeah, on the original site (back when I was learning mostly), I had checkout options listed, and it was a lot easier to deal with than emailing back and forth. Why I did away with it is beyond me.

As for lanyards and bracelets and such, I've been wanting to offer them. The problem lies in the fact that I don't really wanna make them. I was thinking the other day about possibly setting up a page with options and letting the site send orders and payments to somebody else. That would let me offer them as a separate thing, without me actually doing anything. If you and Katie have any interest, let me know, as I'd much rather go that route than try to do it myself.

Good start actually. Here's my opinion...for what it's worth.

There's a fine line between attractively simple and boringly sparse. A couple small interesting pics down the right column would be nice...maybe showing different color and style options. Remember that clutter is bad.

Earth tones are fine, but you need some contrast. The three brownish shades blend in a bit much. You could darken the darker brown one up a bit, but I think it would work better to just add some darker & thicker borders. Maybe try a dark red border around the darkest brown just to add some color and contrast.

It looks like the lettering is also a shade of brown. I suggest going with black to make it stand out...or go with a dark brownish red (don't know my crayola colors well). Brown on brown on brown on brown doesn't draw in the eye.

Kiah have you done any piggybacks? pics?

I'm thinking about a small/large knife combo piggybacked :)

thanks

Kiah have you done any piggybacks? pics?

I'm thinking about a small/large knife combo piggybacked :)

thanks

I have, but don't have any pics. I need to start taking pics of stuff, but I almost always forget.

I'll make something up sometime this week and post pics. I've got a new Victorinox paring knife I've been wanting to piggyback on something anyway.

By the way, your missing orange Kydex made it in over the weekend, so I'll be getting to your Fiskars sheath Tomorrow evening. :thumbup:

Hi Kiah -

I like your current page - it is simple, interesting and to the point.

The new one is nice as well - and it is important (IMO) to keep the page interesting.

If the new software is easier to work with, it will encourage you to make updates more often, and that will enhance the user experience.

In short - I think you are better at design choices than you think you are, and either web page will work if you keep the content updated and fresh.

best regards -

mqqn

I like the site as it is. Pictures of your options would be cool. I can't really tell what some of your options are, different kinds of loops and stuff I have no idea what it is. But your site is very clean, and refreshing. Like I look at it and it's clear, if that makes any sence. Not black with flames every where and custom busses in sheaths all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back