2009 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, just exhausted. I also managed to catch a bit of steel in my eye this morning and light is not my friend right now. And a cat peed in my boots, so I smell unpleasant. On the good side, I built 7 new presses Today.

.22 cal works on peeing cats

Do you have a Becker BK7, or would I have to send my knife to you for a sheath? Not sure if it makes a difference, but mine is a Camillus, not a Ka Bar.

You'd need to send it in.

Hahaha, as cool as being a pirate is, I've also heard a positive comment or two about safety glasses. :D Plus, trained parrots only cost a bit more than a quality, diamond-encrusted eye patch.

I wonder if I could train one to fly pieces of kydex to and from the oven. That would be pretty sweet.

I tested my new presses Today. The crispness and definition these things give are awesome. Much better than what I was using and it didn't exactly do sloppy. I'm extremely happy with them. My old main press (which I busted last week) was 3' x 4' and weighed in at about 30 pounds. New presses are sized about 3" bigger than their max capacity, weigh pretty much nothing, run about $5 each, and press better than anything I've seen. Very cool setup.

Also, other than my right eye looking like I've been sitting in front of CM's bong for 12 hours straight, it's quit bothering me.

Ok. Any idea on the price (including shipping back to me) for a solid orange sheath with a belt loop? Also, do you take payment once the sheath is done?

Ok. Any idea on the price (including shipping back to me) for a solid orange sheath with a belt loop? Also, do you take payment once the sheath is done?

That'll be fine. It'll be a bit before I get to it though. Shoot me an email and I'll get you a price.

Due to various factors, I'm running quite a bit behind on orders. I'm working around the clock to get caught up and should be by the end of next week. If you're currently waiting on an order, bear with me, I haven't forgotten you. I'm not on BFC nearly as much right now, so if you need to contact me, use email.

I've built several new presses, and have streamlined the shop, so when the backlog is cleared, turnaround will be much better.

Thanks for your patience,
Kiah

As some of you know, I have a very limited internet connection right now. What I originally thought was a bad modem turned out to be a broken line from the road which has left me without consistent web access. The phone company has been dicking around with me for months and not bothered to show up to scheduled appointments to get it fixed. This has left me tied to a cell with very sporadic connectivity. It can sometimes take me half an hour or more to be able to respond to an email or make a post, and it's giving me headaches.

I have another scheduled appointment to get it fixed at the end of the week, but them showing up doesn't look hopeful. We'll see.

As of now, trying to deal with orders is way too time consuming and frustrating. If you have a current order in, I will respond to your emails as I can, but I will not be taking any new orders until I can do so without feeling like strangling someone. Hopefully this will get worked out soon.

Aw, that sucks man. Well here's hoping you get it all worked out soon! (Or rather that the company gets off their ass to fix it..)

Aw, that sucks man. Well here's hoping you get it all worked out soon! (Or rather that the company gets off their ass to fix it..)

Not surprisingly my cell connection has been blazing fast since I posted this. Who knows how long that will last though.

I've went ahead and hooked my self into an extra line pair on the pole, bypassing the broken line pair, so I shouldn't have to get bucket trucks to come in, but I still have to wait for someone to come out and confirm it's working and switch service over to the alternate lines. Basicly I've already done their job for 'em, but have to have someone come out and go "Yup.". After that I have to schedule someone from the phone company to go to, get this, the phone company to activate DSL on the new line. Douchebags.

Do you have a public service commission down there?
Or an address to the phone company president's office?

Do you have a public service commission down there?
Or an address to the phone company president's office?

Don't know about the psc, and haven't tried the president. I did manage to get ahold of someone last week who grew up around here and assured me she'd make sure someone came out this week. I did make a trip to their local dispatch building to tell them to get off their asses, but it was locked and I couldn't get a response to knocking.

Hopefully, they'll show this week. There's one phone company here, no cable internet, and I can't get a signal for sattelite. Eh.

Well, I'll be damned. Got a visit from, who I guess was, a higher up in dispatch Today. Other than being noticeably pissed at the dumbass who'd been skipping out on appointments, was a cool dude who actually knew what he was doing. Got everything hooked up and activated in 5 minutes. WooHoo. Connection is blazing fast. Gotta leave for a bit and don't get to bask in the awesome right now, but ...

dance.gif

Does this mean your back up and running? I'd like a sheath for a Fiddleback Hunter.

Yup. Gonna get back to some emails and get the website updated this weekend, and I'll start taking orders again Monday.

As a side note, I've replied to several emails and been told that they were not getting through. If you haven't gotten a reply to an email you sent more than a few days ago, try again.

I tried your site but couldn't send message. I am looking for a smaller (narrow or thinner) kydex for the Rat Cutlery RC4. Instead of screws on 2 sides, only one, so thats it narrow, and fits the Tec-Lock (width wise). With a large tec lock & fire loop, and orange color. What would the price be.? Thank you for your time and help.
Email, onado2000@aol.com, Thanks for your time.

I just recieved a Swick sheath and a neck sheath for my Crawford neck knife. Both are excellent, very secure. I especially like the thumb-push area of the sheath, which works great.

I will try and get some pics up in the pic thread soon. Thanks, man!

You're very welcome. The thumb area was started with the latest round of Swick sheaths and I've started putting it on everything now. It works a lot better than the flat or curved area I'd been using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back