2012 Fishing Thread- What did you catch, how, when? Let's see your pics.

First time to this specific spot this year and they were hitting top water. I love fishing top water. And this was the first fish my new revo sx brought in. Very nice day. The frog is very nice also. I also use spro frogs, this one blows the spro frogs away in terms of castability, softness, hooks and also the realism.

it even has the ear drum showing too. too cool.

you guys are making me jealous. I went today, took the new kayak ive had for 3 years and never had out for the first time today and caught 2 rainbow trout on spinners trolling, at the local city lake. I think they were 12" and 9". as small as the fish are here, we should measure them in ounces, so it sounds better!

you guys are making me jealous. I went today, took the new kayak ive had for 3 years and never had out for the first time today and caught 2 rainbow trout on spinners trolling, at the local city lake. I think they were 12" and 9". as small as the fish are here, we should measure them in ounces, so it sounds better!

well you maybe jealous of us but i am jealous of you. a trip out west to fly fish some of those large creeks is a bucket list entry for me

I think inch for inch trout fight harder than bass. I've never caught a trout on inline spinners. Tried but no success! Usually rapalas or dardevles.

3 1/2 lbs albino channel I caught at the gun club today
P1270003.jpg

hung-solo, creek fishing is my favorite way to fish. I dont flyfish much, normally just spinners or worms. nothing like working a few miles of a good creek! there are plenty of streams here in wyo, come on out and spend some time on one!

I took the family out to granite resivoir yesterday. the ice is off the body of the lake, still have some on the shallower bays. trollling in the kayak, I limited out. 6 really nice rainbows. smallest was a stocker about 9" the rest were wild fish, about 12"-13" and very thick. I'm still getting used to fishing from the kayak, and lost the landing net I bought the night before and didnt land a nicer rainbow becasue of it.

While we wer up there, it looks like most of the snow is about gone, so week after next, I'll probably spend a day creek fishing with my boy. I changed the design on my wood backpacking stove, and cant wait to cook up a few brookies on the spot fresh from the creek.

I got to hit two lakes last week. the first one in Nassau County Long Island where I got a few Black crappie and 40+ Bluegills in about two hours. Two days later I hit a lake in Queens, NYC that I caught 50+ bluegills! No monsters but lots of fun!!! It is cooling down now this week, so we will see what happens as it may slow down with the cold snap....

I'm headin to the lake tommorow to try to catch some more crappie caught 21 last time

Nice trout! They are stocking the three lakes by me this week with trout so I hope to get some myself! What did you use to get the 21 Crappies on ?

hung-solo, creek fishing is my favorite way to fish. I dont flyfish much, normally just spinners or worms. nothing like working a few miles of a good creek! there are plenty of streams here in wyo, come on out and spend some time on one!

I took the family out to granite resivoir yesterday. the ice is off the body of the lake, still have some on the shallower bays. trollling in the kayak, I limited out. 6 really nice rainbows. smallest was a stocker about 9" the rest were wild fish, about 12"-13" and very thick. I'm still getting used to fishing from the kayak, and lost the landing net I bought the night before and didnt land a nicer rainbow becasue of it.

While we wer up there, it looks like most of the snow is about gone, so week after next, I'll probably spend a day creek fishing with my boy. I changed the design on my wood backpacking stove, and cant wait to cook up a few brookies on the spot fresh from the creek.

take some pics. interested to see the waters you fish.

I got to hit two lakes last week. the first one in Nassau County Long Island where I got a few Black crappie and 40+ Bluegills in about two hours. Two days later I hit a lake in Queens, NYC that I caught 50+ bluegills! No monsters but lots of fun!!! It is cooling down now this week, so we will see what happens as it may slow down with the cold snap....

Tom, you need to take pics man! nothing wrong with urban fishing. Hell they have a show called "City Limits Fishing". you should go online and fill out the form so you can take a bass pro out there to fish with you. doesnt have to be bass either. Granted i think they would want something other than pan fish but heck you never know. NYC fishing might be blast to watch on TV

the FB page --also keep in mind they dont have to be in a boat either. if you know of some ponds or lakes in the NYC area that hold bass or maybe crappie. they might be game

http://www.facebook.com/pages/City-Limits-Fishing/142965573736

Nice trout! They are stocking the three lakes by me this week with trout so I hope to get some myself! What did you use to get the 21 Crappies on ?

Got em off minnows tight linin in 2 ft of water in brush and some off a dock in deeper water

The lake in Queens has 5 lb plus bass in it...it is a Glacial lake that is spring feed....The lake in central Park has 7 lb bass in it and small mouth bass too! Black Crappie are in all of them. They NYC lakes are all caught and release....Maybe I will try to send in the form....

Here is a link to the lake in Central Parl NYC:

http://www.basscity-usa.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=222

The lake in Queens has 5 lb plus bass in it...it is a Glacial lake that is spring feed....The lake in central Park has 7 lb bass in it and small mouth bass too! Black Crappie are in all of them. They NYC lakes are all caught and release....Maybe I will try to send in the form....

Here is a link to the lake in Central Parl NYC:

http://www.basscity-usa.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=222

dude you should really give it a try. esp if you now how to fish the lakes and ponds. dont get me wrong, chances are the bass pro will dog your ass but hey i think it would be fun as shit to fish with a pro. i would soak up as much info as i could from him.

Ill contribute at some point. Lately Ive been metal detecting. I did find a silver ring with fish designs on it.

3 1/2 lbs albino channel I caught at the gun club today
P1270003.jpg

you know i have caught my fair share of catfish in my 25 yrs or more of fishing and i NEVER have caught an albino cat nor have i even seen a live one. good job! i would mount that sucker.

I fished in Central Park for years when it was a scary place to go lol
Back in the mid eighties on a hot hot summer predawn morning the place looked like the neutron bomb went off.
Bodies everywhere... all asleep.
We'd hit it 3 or 4 days a week after work and then do dawn patrol on Saturdays.

Then Mayor Guiliani and Mayor Bloomberg came along and cleaned the city up.
Everybody & his brother along with their dog is in the park nowadays... at all hours.

Used to be us and the freaks...
Oh well, whaddayagonnado?

Iaconelli did a segment on Central Park already...

If I were Tom and had a good lake in Queens (& I can't figure this one out... pm... hint hint :) ) I wouldn't want to give it away to be put on TV.
That'd be the ultimate spot burn.
NYC is a crowded place and a good pond could go from secret to circus quickly.

I for one am ready for spring :)

I fished in Central Park for years when it was a scary place to go lol
Back in the mid eighties on a hot hot summer predawn morning the place looked like the neutron bomb went off.
Bodies everywhere... all asleep.
We'd hit it 3 or 4 days a week after work and then do dawn patrol on Saturdays.

Then Mayor Guiliani and Mayor Bloomberg came along and cleaned the city up.
Everybody & his brother along with their dog is in the park nowadays... at all hours.

Used to be us and the freaks...
Oh well, whaddayagonnado?

Iaconelli did a segment on Central Park already...

If I were Tom and had a good lake in Queens (& I can't figure this one out... pm... hint hint :) ) I wouldn't want to give it away to be put on TV.
That'd be the ultimate spot burn.
NYC is a crowded place and a good pond could go from secret to circus quickly.

I for one am ready for spring :)

didnt know ole loud mouth did a show in NYC already. i totally understand about not wanting to give a hot spot up too. i find it interesting that people actually do fish in very large cities. i come from semi-rural NC and i have been to a few very large cities and fishing just doesnt come to mind.

Back