2012 Fishing Thread- What did you catch, how, when? Let's see your pics.

Is anyone still following this thread? Not sure if i want to go through the trouble of posting the pics.

424a79dd.jpg

what minnow is that?

I look too, but haven't posted here's two
My biggest bass this year
288342_10151706497236996_1072762488_o.jpg

Bowfishing with my son
469986_10151699808681996_314739246_o.jpg

My July work is almost completed and I need to go fishing badly.Problem is, its going to be over 100 degrees all week. I cant hack that. So the plan is to do some night time bass fishing at a conservation department lake and fish all night. I havent done that in years. Better start hunting up some black Lunker Lures.

Good luck to you too.

I have several black Lunker Lures and a new camera. Should have some pics this week sometime.

Fished all night . At 3:30 I landed this one, the biggest of the night , on a black lunker Lure. Most of the fish I caught [around 20] were caught on the trailer hook.Not this one , he swallowed it.
07-24-2012.jpg

Last edited:
dipbait, nice outing fishing! What gear (rod, reel, line) were you using?

RiderOnTheStorm, nice fish man.

Shimano Curado on a med action Shimano Compre rod , spooled with 12 lb test Suffix Elite. I am very impressed with Elite.

I made a big mistake , as it was dark I didnt figure it out until late. I kept missing the strikes. Had half a dozen big explosions and missed them all. The problem was the buzzbait was bent and pulling hard to the right, thats no problem , they all pull left or right ,but the head and hook were not hanging low enough in the water and the fish were missing it. It wasnt until after I switched to a bait that rode low in the water that I caught one and he swallowed it. I caught little ones before the switch, almost all on the trailer, after the switch they were also better hooked . Ill be making a return trip in a week or two.

Last edited:
Here is my 5lb smallie that I caught last month... Haven't been able to get out fishing lately because it's been in the 100's with very little rain as of late... Heading out today though!

She looks smaller than she was when compared to me but I am 6'2"-290 so I tend to make things look a bit smaller. Here is my buddy holding the same fish. uploadfromtaptalk1343226618417.jpguploadfromtaptalk1343226890752.jpg

Stormrider, fish in the third picture looks deformed. Never seen a bass shaped like that.Looks like he was kicked .

about as big as they come in these parts...
fish.jpg

fast-casting with spinnerbait on this guy...
kayak.jpg

Stormrider, fish in the third picture looks deformed. Never seen a bass shaped like that.Looks like he was kicked .

Yeah I know weird huh? He didn't put up much of a fight either. I don't know if was born that way or if a gator got a hold of him and he got away?? Strangest looking bass I ever caught. He was 17" , I bet 20" if had a straight back.

Back