2012 Fishing Thread- What did you catch, how, when? Let's see your pics.

Nice Steelhead caught earlier this year on a business trip out to Portland OR.
It snowed, rained, sleeted, hailed and had sun all on the same day.
Worth the effort!

A couple of salmon from earlier this year.
IMG_07811.jpg

We had limits of salmon and were back on the dock in less than an hour.

Matt

Couple shots of a very nice carp caught in a florida golf course pond :D

florida2012047.jpg
[/IMG]

florida2012051.jpg

Aaaaaaand this weird duck thing tried to eat my lure a couple times LOL
florida2012072.jpg

Just got back from Alaska got a 75-80lb King! Best time ever!:thumbup: i need to move up there lol love AK:D

Some silver's

and a halibut from Homer

I was fishing for carp at camp in some Mississippi river backwater and caught several nice ones and four channel cats to boot. Using corn for bait.

09-07-12006.jpg

Its crankbait time. Caught the little ones in the back of an arm throwing a vintage Big Jim Crank. Caught the big one on a main lake flat using a Fat Free Fingelrling TonyM sent me. Thanks Tony.

09-26-12006.jpg

09-26-12003.jpg

Last edited:
Crankbaits at the 200 acre Consevation department lake again. Most of the little ones came on a Rattle trap 10 to 15 foot down.I was working it like a worm. You could actually hear the fish hitting it. The big one was caught on a Big Jim up shallow.

10-02-12005.jpg

10-02-12001.jpg

^^ In the top photo, you will see the depth finder mounted on an old trolling motor. I gutted the trolling motor and ran the cable down the inside. It worked fantastic and can be adjusted for viewing easily. This was the first time I used it and have to tweak it some, shorten the shaft and better secure the transducer . Dont toss that old trolling motor out , affix a depthfinder to it.

Fall fishing is awesome in Minnesota. Caught these two on the lake where I grew up in central Minnesota. My folks still like there.
Both were taken on a red and white Bass-O-Reno.
29 inch, 7 lb. northern pike (with a Rick Menefee fillet knife on top).
CMH5.jpg

21 inch, 4 lb. 15 oz. largemouth bass.
bass_2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Last edited:
Fall fishing is awesome in Minnesota. Caught these two on the lake where I grew up in central Minnesota. My folks still like there.
Both were taken on a red and white Bass-O-Reno.
29 inch, 7 lb. northern pike (with a Rick Menefee fillet knife on top).
CMH5.jpg

21 inch, 4 lb. 15 oz. largemouth bass.
bass_2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Nice bucket mouth, that's a good one for our area! We got into a mess of those largemouth this summer on a lake by Line River, MN, north of Brainerd.

The lake I have been fishing has a slot limit. 12 to 15 inch fish must be released. I keep a limit of 11 inchers each time out. This weeks fish were mostly caught on a Rogers Big Jim shallow running crankbait. The big girl was also caught on the same crank. The fish are in the back 1/3 of major coves.

10-17-12002.jpg

10-17-12006.jpg

Nice Steelhead caught earlier this year on a business trip out to Portland OR.
It snowed, rained, sleeted, hailed and had sun all on the same day.
attachment.php

Worth the effort!

I don't believe it. I've lived on the Alsea River and have searched for this mythical creature for years. They don't really exist. Do they?

I don't believe it. I've lived on the Alsea River and have searched for this mythical creature for years. They don't really exist. Do they?

Don't feel bad Mack. I've never caught on either, and I grew up with the Mc Kenzie river in my back yard. But in all honesty, I haven't put out much effort trying...

A friend of mine I went to school with, is a fishing guide. He has been doing it for years, and even been on some fishing shows. He catches the damn things all the time. :mad:

He came over one time, and gave me some pity steaks. GAWD they were great

Don't feel bad Mack. I've never caught on either, and I grew up with the Mc Kenzie river in my back yard. But in all honesty, I haven't put out much effort trying...

A friend of mine I went to school with, is a fishing guide. He has been doing it for years, and even been on some fishing shows. He catches the damn things all the time. :mad:

He came over one time, and gave me some pity steaks. GAWD they were great
They are far and away my favorite steak. I have a recipe for them that is unreal. I just don't believe they actually exist in the wild.:D

They are far and away my favorite steak. I have a recipe for them that is unreal. I just don't believe they actually exist in the wild.:D

I'm actually going to spend a little more time ( hopefully ) next year trying to catch one. I may even break down and call my buddy that is the guide.

He told me some good spots on the McKenzie to fish off the bank, or wade out. But his really hot spots can only be reached by drift boat.

If I do actually catch one, I'll be sendin you some steaks so you can use your recipe :cool:

Mack is in line for some fresh butterflyed venison tenderloin steaks this fall/winter as well as some jerky. I may require him to send me a spoonful of spices in return though. Turkey season has started here just now.

Mack is in line for some fresh butterflyed venison tenderloin steaks this fall/winter as well as some jerky. I may require him to send me a spoonful of spices in return though. Turkey season has started here just now.

Very cool :thumbup: That sounds like a good trade

Back