2012 HTM Forum Gunhammer: *Commitment/Sign-up* thread

Hark recently got something resembling word from Darrel that he can do the limited edition HTM Gunhammer we've been discussing on the forum over the last month and a half or so. Given the number of people who have expressed interest in the threads and voted in the polls, things are looking good in terms of being able to get above the 25-piece minimum needed to make this happen. Despite that, I'm guessing that one reason Darrel was somewhat circumspect in his reply to Hark is that we don't have firm commitments from people; given the investment of time, materials, and so forth that'll be involved in this project, it wouldn't be fair to ask Darrel to proceed on this without having firm commitments and, with them, a known number of knives to produce.

So, to keep the process moving along, here is the long-awaited a commitment/sign-up thread. If you plan on purchasing the forum-designed HTM Gunhammer, simply post a reply to that effect. If you plan to buy purchase multiple pieces (e.g., one to carry/use and one as a backup), please state that as well. Just as a reminder, the specs of the knife are as follows:

Model: HTM Gunhammer
Blade length: 3.5"
Blade shape: Bowie -or- Torpedo (your choice)
Blade steel: CPM-S90V (60-62 HRC)
Blade finish: Stonewashed
Opening mechanism: Manual w/ Maxx Glide bearing pivot -or- Spring assisted (your choice)
Handles: Aluminum, ETAC textured, Dark Green (Pantone 3435 [Evergreen]) anodized
Lock: Titanium liner lock
Blade markings: Something along the lines of Scurvy092's suggestions here and here

Price: $360

Remember that your word is your bond, so please only commit if you're sure that, barring some unforeseeable calamity, you're going to be able to purchase one of these. Individuals who say they'll buy a knife but then back out later out create numerous problems for knife manufacturers and make it less likely that they'll be willing to take on projects like this in the future. Note also that, depending on availability of materials (primarily the S90V for the blade), production timeframe, and various other factors, there may be some sort of partial/down payment required; we'll leave that up to Darrel once he knows the approximate size of the run, but rest assured that if there is some sort of up-front payment required, it'll be fair. The ETA of the knives will likely depend quite a bit on the number of commitments we get -- it's easier to carve out the production time for 25-50 knives than 150-200 -- but expect a wait of 2-3 months at a minimum, with the upper bound probably being in the 6-month range.

I'll be keeping a numbered list of commitments in the first reply below. The numbers will also correspond to serial numbers, as a small incentive to people who sign up early. If you have a serial number preference other than the lowest number available, state it in your sign-up post. These are serial numbers, so no requesting numbers that are very unlikely to be made (e.g., 666): in fact, to keep things simple and as another incentive to get in early, numbers after 1-25 will just be allotted sequentially. Note also that, as Hark mentions, the size of the run will be however many you guys commit to buying; 25 knives is just the minimum number needed for this to happen, not the maximum:

Lastly, I'm exercising my prerogative as Keeper of the List to give their pick of serial numbers to three guys whose frequent and excellent contributions to the design discussion were invaluable in making this knife happen: Scurvy092, TriviaMonster, and crimsonfalcon07. I've given Scurvy and TM the first two slots, while since crimsonfalcon07 expressed an interest in serial number 7, I've put him there on the list. If any of you want a different slot, let me know. (I'm in for one of these knives as well, but I can just take whatever the last number ends up being.)

Last edited:
Commitment/serial number list:
Harkamus' note: "Paid" means the member didn't specify if they paid in full or just the deposit. "Deposit paid" means that the member specified deposit was paid." "Paid in full" means the member specified that they paid in full. I left out people that said they would pay a few days later from their original reply in this thread, so there may actually be a few more members that have paid.

1. Scurvy092 - deposit paid
2. TriviaMonster - paid
3. garoth - deposit paid
4. Ray Allen - deposit paid
5. mqqn - deposit paid
6. cuttysark1000 - deposit paid
7. crimsonfalcon07 - paid in full
8. PrimitiveEnergy - paid in full
9. Molly-Coddle - deposit paid
10. Contained - deposit paid
11. Striderco - deposit paid
12. knifeAweek (also #23) - deposit paid
13. Ramiel - deposit paid
14. EdgedSteelAddict
15. SChief454 - paid in full
16. dustyzz - deposit paid
17. adamrockcrawler - paid in full
18. SurpriseGoat
19. woodysone - paid in full
20. RevDevil - paid
21. fyrpowr (also #34) - paid
22. bigjuice - paid
23. knifeAweek (also #12) - deposit paid
24. capid1 - paid
25. y0ukn0wwh0 - deposit paid

26. jwolf90 - paid
27. rnsams - deposit paid
28. Gunsnknives (also #29) - deposit paid
29. Gunsnknives (also #28) - deposit paid
30. gga357 - paid
31. neuron - paid in full
32. mctrinket - paid
33. acourvil - deposit paid
34. fyrpowr (also #21) - paid
35. mr2blue - paid
36. mndart
37. wroughndt - paid
38. kennedyusmc
39. Mr. Sogetsu - deposit paid
40. canagandirus - deposit paid
41. simpla_fi - deposit paid
42. talldaddy
44. mjrobinson - paid in full
45. Moleng1 - deposit paid

Last edited:
I am in for the next one in line. Thanks.
When do you need to know blade shape and opening style?
Cheers...

****Final Update****
Maxx Glide - Bowie please.

Last edited:
I'm in for one.
Thanks

I am in for the next one in line. Thanks.
When do you need to know blade shape and opening style?
Cheers...
Thanks, guys. I've put you down for numbers 3 and 4.

Very good question regarding when you'll need to pick the blade shape and opening style for your knife. Since Darrel/HTM will need to know how many of each configuration to make before they start, the latest you'll need to decide is when activity dies down on this thread, we close the list, and it's time for the order(s) to officially go in to HTM. At that time, each person will need to have made their blade shape/opening mechanism choice and also provide contact info to HTM.

How exactly we do that will depend on what's best for Darrel et al. Lisa of HTM handles the administrative and billing stuff for the company, and obviously going through her would be the way to do it if there was some sort of down payment required. If there isn't any down payment or other financial stuff to take care of up front, then it may streamline things and cut down on Lisa's workload if Hark or I collect people's basic contact info and blade/opening choices, tally up the number of knives to be made in each configuration, and then send all of the info along to Lisa, who would then contact each person about payment and shipping when the knives were finished.

Lemme know if you want this stickied.
Given how crowded the stickies are on this forum, I think it might stand out more among the regular threads. ;) (I say that only partly in jest: whenever I open the HTM page, my eyes immediately go to the spot below the stickies where regular threads with new posts would be, not to the stickies.)

Last edited:
I'm in for one . . . #21 if possible. Thanks.

ETA: Opening mechanism: Manual w/ Maxx Glide bearing pivot // Blade shape: Torpedo

Last edited:
Put me down for #18 please. Thank you!

Bowie Blade with Maxx Glide

Last edited:
Oh, thanks Neuron. I'm in for one of these. Serial number 7, as you've already put me down for :)

-edit- Also, in the interests of saving time and effort for all involved, I would like Maxx Glide Manual, and the Torpedo blade. I think I prefer that very very slightly to the bowie blade.

Im in for lucky #13 please :) Torpedo blade and manual opener with Maxx Glide pivot.
Thanks to everyone that made this happen, especially Darrel.

Last edited:
Hello neuron,
As keeper of the Master List, I wonder if others might share this question that I have to offer up. That is, for historical purposes, it would be interesting to me at least, to know how the breakdown of style requests turns out. How many Bowie assisted vs Torpedo etc are actually made. It would help document the rarity of each sub-batch within a small batch run. If only 25 are made overall for example, and say the requests were split pretty evenly, you might end up with one of only 6 or 7 of of that style ever made for this run. Good to know!
Best..

I am in for one - thanks!

Maxx Glide / Bowie

best

mqqn

Last edited:
I'm in for 1!

Blade shape: Torpedo
Opening mechanism: Manual w/ Maxx Glide bearing pivot

Thanks!

Last edited:
Oh, thanks Neuron. I'm in for one of these. Serial number 7, as you've already put me down for :)

-edit- Also, in the interests of saving time and effort for all involved, I would like Maxx Glide Manual, and the Torpedo blade. I think I prefer that very very slightly to the bowie blade.

Im in for lucky #13 please :) thanks everyone that made this happen, especially darrel.

Please put me down for #24 Maxx glide and Bowie blade. Thanks!

I am in for one - thanks!

Added - can anyone share pictures of the difference between torpedo and bowie blades? Thanks!

best

mqqn

I'm in for 1!

Blade shape: Torpedo
Opening mechanism: Manual w/ Maxx Glide bearing pivot

Thanks!
Thanks, all. Just added all of you to the list (in your requested serial number slots where applicable).

Hello neuron,
As keeper of the Master List, I wonder if others might share this question that I have to offer up. That is, for historical purposes, it would be interesting to me at least, to know how the breakdown of style requests turns out. How many Bowie assisted vs Torpedo etc are actually made. It would help document the rarity of each sub-batch within a small batch run. If only 25 are made overall for example, and say the requests were split pretty evenly, you might end up with one of only 6 or 7 of of that style ever made for this run. Good to know!
Best..
Sure, I'd be glad to post the breakdown of configurations once the order goes in to HTM. I agree it'll be interesting to see the splits.

Not bad. Not even a day old thread and already about half way to the 25 order minimum.

Back