2012 HTM Forum Gunhammer: *Commitment/Sign-up* thread

In 20 days, we can celebrate this threads one year anniversary...

Since we are not at least 3 months past the worst case scenario date, can I wait until 3 months after it's ready to give them to other 50% just because?

In 20 days, we can celebrate this threads one year anniversary...

Since we are not at least 3 months past the worst case scenario date, can I wait until 3 months after it's ready to give them to other 50% just because?

:D
Time flies wow, I had not noticed the time frames. So 3 months past is 25%, if only that translated to 25% off the total purchase price. ;)

Well, I paid the remaining 50% on my Bowie choice last month, based on the assurance that the Forum Gunhammers would be the top priority after the Blade show. I was told that the Bowies would start shipping during the second or third week of June. I didn't get a shipment notice this week, so we are into July at the earliest. I just hope that the Forum Gunhammer bowie bladed knifes are receiving an appropriate priority, if not top priority. Anybody else got one??

We're 13 days from the one year anniversary.

I am not paying the other 50% until I know it is ready to ship and to be perfectly honest, if it goes on much longer, I'm going to have to ask for a refund or try to sell my deposit.

I feel awful saying that but I'm losing the faith.

I hear ya. It's been a rather unimpressive display of customer service (or lack thereof), and I certainly won't hurry to sign up for another project like this. That being said, these are great blades. I LOVE mine, and it was well worth the wait. I know the wait for you Bowie folks is much longer, but if you got a Maxx glide, it's so good it's dreamy, in my opinion.

Still, poor attention to customers and poor communication has really put a damper on my affection for HTM blades. We'll see how it gets handled and resolved.

I hear ya. It's been a rather unimpressive display of customer service (or lack thereof), and I certainly won't hurry to sign up for another project like this. That being said, these are great blades. I LOVE mine, and it was well worth the wait. I know the wait for you Bowie folks is much longer, but if you got a Maxx glide, it's so good it's dreamy, in my opinion.

Still, poor attention to customers and poor communication has really put a damper on my affection for HTM blades. We'll see how it gets handled and resolved.

I have been very patient throughout but I agree with this, a little bit of communication and transparency in the company would have gone a long way here.... oh well....

They are still $270...

Not quite the weekend sale they said it would be.

I have been very patient throughout but I agree with this, a little bit of communication and transparency in the company would have gone a long way here.... oh well....

Well said guys. Count me in on that as well. I really wanted to buy and build a nice collection of Gun Hammers and a couple AXDs, but this is very bad and does not invoke warm fuzzy feeling of confidence. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I know Neuron does the best he can, he is a good guy. I must be a bummer for him to almost be in the middle of this whole situation. One other thing, these knives were remarked as being Rc60-61, yet the ones for Knifecenter are listed as much less. Makes you wonder which listing is accurate.

I'm not too concerned about the hardness, honestly, although I'm surprised nobody has asked Brad yet. But Knifecenter has put up wrong data before, and their blades also may not be anything like the forum ones.

To be fair, the Knifecenter ones are listed a 59hrc, not a HUGE difference and I think still within the good range for s90v.

I'd be curious to have one tested but I don't see why ours wouldn't hit 60-62.

I'm still holding out for you guys! Love my Torpedo.

This could have been a great marketing tool - an annual special edition with everybody wanting one - but I confess that I am not a marketing guy, so maybe this is a bad idea. But, I'm not sensing the drooling masses are ready to pounce on the next forum knife.

For myself, I'd just like some explanation why the forum knives weren't top priority after the Blade show, like I was told. Is there another problem with the Bowie knives? How would we know?? The absence of communication is not easy to understand, so it leads to frustration.

Guys, I've been away for a while due to an incredibly hectic June, so I have some catching up, as well as apologies, to do here.

First off, I'm sorry about the lack of updates. I haven't heard anything in terms of a solid ETA on the bowies, but part of being the moderator is to be the conduit between the guys on the forum and the manufacturer. And by dropping off the map for a month or so, whatever the reason, I've let you guys down.

Second, I've emailed Lacey requesting updates on the Bowie forum knives and will keep bugging her until I get something solid regarding when we can expect those.

Third, regarding the HRC on the S90V, the blades for the forum knives were part of a separate HT batch from the KnifeCenter ones, with the KC ones being run softer as discussed above.

Fourth and finally, post up here, or shoot me an email/PM, if there's anything more specific you have questions about or want me to check into for you.

Thanks neuron. Any status report on the Bowie blade Forum knives would be greatly appreciated.
Still waiting on a reply back from Lacey or Darrel -- my guess is that they're off for the 4th of July. I'll email them again tomorrow if I don't hear anything.

Hate to say it guys but I had to put my pre-order up on the exchange. Anyone that was wanting to jump in on this should check it out.

Back