2012 Model Fiskars Kydex covers

Kiah

Pit Bull Appreciation Society
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Little late, but here's the info for the 2012 Model Fiskars hatchet covers.

Slots added in front of bit and above the wraparound for pretty much universal mounting options and additional tie points. I still don't recommend use of a Tek-Lok or such on the belt as the sheath needs some wiggle room, but the option is there (webbing or paracord with a bit of a drop is optimal). Can also be used for MOLLE-Lok mounting or whatever. Additional eyelets have been added above the wraparound in case you just wanna stick some paracord through 'em and sling it over your shoulder or hang it up.

Optional loops are now thinner and since I don't have to bolt them to the sheath now, they're height adjustable.

They're pretty badass overall at this point, so this will probably be the final revision.

Can be ordered here by PP or CC.

Fiskars 2012.jpg

Fiskars 2012 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks.

Pic updated, and the X15 has been added to the dropdown.

Thanks, Russel.

Just a note. Apparently I'm a bit too computer illiterate to update a form without breaking the shipping calculator. Right now it's adding shipping per item instead of order, so if you order more than one I'll just refund the extra until I get a chance to fix the problem.

How long after an order is placed does it usually take to ship?

Depends on workload for the most part. I've got a batch lined up for Friday though, and yours will be in that, so should go out Saturday.

I was just about to order one off your website, but I thought I should double check what the cost is for shipping to Canada.

I was just about to order one off your website, but I thought I should double check what the cost is for shipping to Canada.

If I ship it First Class, it will be the same. If you'd like it sent Priority International, shipping is $13 last I checked. If you wanna go the faster route, shoot me an email and I'll get you a total and PP addy. If FC is fine, you can just use the site. I need to get a better shipping calculator set up at some point though.

I have been dying for one of these axe covers and finally put in my order! Woo hoo!!

Nice! I love my earlier iteration, and I'm sure you'll love the perfected version :thumbup:

Order page updated to reflect the Gerber counterparts and other Fiskars models that these fit.

On an only slightly related note, the fact that Gerber calls the X15 the "Extra Large" cracks me up for some reason.:)

Fiskars X5 and Gerber Back Paxe II added to the list.

liking this design :)

Thank you.

On that note, there will be a 2013 model after all. Minor changes this time. The bit cover is deeper and more open and there will no longer be a bend on the back of the sheath, it will be completely flat. This will allow easier mounting on packs and such. Also gonna add the option of a "Deluxe" version (slots and optional loop) and a "Lite" variant for those that want a smaller package. A few more models will be added as well. Will get to it when I get to the site later this week.

Back