2014 Spyderco Catalog!!!

Someone please explain the power lock! The Tatanka looks like an awesome(!!!!) design. But I see a lock bar with a pin, similar to the triad. What's up with that?

Someone please explain the power lock! The Tatanka looks like an awesome(!!!!) design. But I see a lock bar with a pin, similar to the triad. What's up with that?

It was mentioned in detail in the Spyderco sub forum a while ago, it has a 2 piece design with a rotating barrel.

I'll see if I can find it.

It was mentioned in detail in the Spyderco sub forum a while ago, it has a 2 piece design with a rotating barrel.

I'll see if I can find it.

Strength/reliability wise, how should it compare to a compression/axis/triad lock?

Firefly, Kiwi4 and FFG Manix look nice. Otherwise I'll wait and see what comes mid year.

Also it's very cool that Serge has a design in there. His designs are awesome.

I have been waiting for the Firefly to come out for two years now. So glad to see it made it into the catalogue. I wish it was being made in Taichung and using S30V but I will take what is offered.

Whilst I haven't even known about this project (so I haven't needed your patience!) this is the only new knife that really speaks to me*. Agreed about Tiachung and blade steel but it still looks great...

*This is likely because the other products already in production are happily owned!! :)

Ben

apart from the Tusk (which is simply awesome) and the Worker sprint, I'm relieved to say nothing else in the new catalogue catches my fancy ;)

Maybe that means they'll be more available

I've managed to score one Fluted Ti already (the new version, w/out the annodized handles), so I think your assumption is pretty valid

Is the blue Sage3 being canceled?

Love the Kiwi4. Definitely getting one.

That version is discontinued as of 2014 and replaced by the new CF one.

Not really interested in most of those new knives. The ROC is kind of cool, but there' s just no way I can justify buying it. I just don' t have a use for it. The same pretty much applies to the Tusk.
Nice to see a production version of a FFG Manix2 though.:)

maybe i'm late to the party but production FFG s30v Manix 2s !

i'm definitely interested in the kiwi 4 and black southard as well.

:)

I was surprised this didn't pop up until the second page of the thread. I am really looking forward to this. Going to have to add one of these to my 154cm hollow ground version. Was about to buy one in s30v with the hollow ground. Glad I waited.

For some reason I thought the Vallotton had been discontinued. This is really good news because now I can take my sweet time buying one.

I also noticed a lot of new designs are being produced in Japan. I'm not reading anything into it, just noticing.

Looks like my "Spyderco to buy" list is about to get a lot longer in 2014! I'm really looking forward to the Kiwi4 and hoping they do some different handle materials like they did with the older ones.

Back