2016 Gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! We aren't getting out of the 20s tomorrow......

That's middle to south Florida for ya.... BUT you pay for that during the summer months. Temps have gotten down to the lower 20's to upper teens here and all of my outdoor plants are gone now except for the leaf lettuce and broccoli. With the colder temps, I've started feeding the blue birds meal worms now.

No snow here yet. But I have been out grinding up leaves in the yard with the mulching mower. Probably one more shot at that before I'm done. Got to wait for a warmer day or the mower won't start unless you warm it up first.

Just thought to post comparative pics to wind down the year.

Ah, yes, I remember the warmth of summer :rolleyes: And today the snow continues daily but the temps are barely below freezing during the day.

That's the snowblower under the tarp. It's been getting a good workout!

For winter, instead of keeping hoe and rakes handy on the porch like I do in summer, there are three sizes of snow shovels, a roof rake and snowshoes. And that's just fine :thumbup: Today, I did manage to get the over wintered geraniums potted up for spring ... most for a friend. A few for here.

Happy New Year gardeners ... have a great 2017!

... Today, I did manage to get the over wintered geraniums potted up for spring ... most for a friend. A few for here.

Happy New Year gardeners ... have a great 2017!

Happy New Year to all. I need to start doing that rather than just leaving them freeze and buying new come spring. Guess it is about time for a 2017 Gardening thread.

Yes it is. I'm closing this one and have asked taldesta to repost this as an opener to a 2017 thread. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the contributions and Happy New Year everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back