2017 Gardens

Would that all buyers were as practical ... rather than being put off by a big hole in the patio! I just showed the property to a woman who was doing a drive by on her Harley Davidson. She had a copy of the listing and so the address (no sign on property). Youthful, energetic, hikes and canoes ... actually made the trek down to the river :D ... and back up. She liked the fallen tree I use for a bannister on the slope. Has possibilities ... perhaps.

I need to get my septic tank pumped. No problems. But I keep putting it off.

I feel for the job you had on your hands. THAT was a LOT of work. I know about home inspections, mold inspections, and so forth. I do drug inspections which sometimes involve septic tanks. : -) If I were the buyer, I would want you to just leave the soil on the tarp or on a pile so I could have access to the tank. Then I would get it pumped to start things "fresh".

What is involved in a drug inspection ... or have I misread this?

This is about methamphetamine. Inspection involves looking for signs that drugs were made or used same as law enforcement does. Septic tanks are involved because people dump waste products down the drain. The difference is I am not collecting evidence although my lab data can be used in court. Normally, sampling is done to confirm or deny the presence of meth. Last house I looked at had what appeared to be a fairly substantial marijuana grow operation going on as well as they were making meth. Samples yielded significant levels inside the home. I don't care much about marijuana.

Thanks for explaining your work. I learn more every day that otherwise I would not ... unless I ask questions ;)

I need to get my septic tank pumped. No problems. But I keep putting it off.

I feel for the job you had on your hands. THAT was a LOT of work. I know about home inspections, mold inspections, and so forth. I do drug inspections which sometimes involve septic tanks. : -) If I were the buyer, I would want you to just leave the soil on the tarp or on a pile so I could have access to the tank. Then I would get it pumped to start things "fresh".

Oh, it was inspected ... and ... pumped to the tune of $445 CDN ... now that's the fresh pricey poop on the subject!

I take my hot banana peppers and stuff them with hot Italian sausage put a good red sauce on them cover them with provolone or mozzarella and bake in the oven try it out

I take my hot banana peppers and stuff them with hot Italian sausage put a good red sauce on them cover them with provolone or mozzarella and bake in the oven try it out
Think I'm only going to get a few more this year.

Gonebad, that is quite a garden jungle you got going on there.

You all won't believe this, but I have a green pepper plant that is 4 feet tall. Planted it too close to the tomato cage and it's shaded. I know it will break off as soon as it gets a big pepper on it, but I find it kind of humorous.

Anyone know what these are ? They are growing really well and I can't remember what they are.

Coleus ... I believe. Loves the shade and moisture ... some fabulous colours including lime green to brighten dark spaces. Beautiful window box full of thriving plants, LEGION 12 :thumbsup:

I grow them in flower beds for their leaf color. I would suggest you cut/nip off the seed or flower stalks to keep them looking nicer. They used to be a common house plant. Now folks grow them in gardens. Very easy to take cuttings and root them for additional plants.

I'm thinking that they might go through the winter if you don't disturb the root from its soil too much when moving them ... and if you can provide the space in indirect but good light inside ... but they also might be easy to start from seed in spring indoors. I have over wintered favourite plants whose lifespan I am unsure of. I agree that the foliage and root system will fare better if you remove the flower spikes and seeds produced - they take a lot of energy away and once those beautiful leaves have helped with the job of producing seed, you may see them decline. You could try cuttings as 22-rimfire mentioned. I've not tried doing this with coleus, but it sounds like a good idea.

Dead heading flowers and seeds usually strengthens plant roots and foliage and produces more blossoms. That's my morning routine here.

Too swamped with keeping things up for the real estate market (perpetually prepared for inspection - yuck!) to post any update pics but I will say that Daisy has crashed the gate to the veg garden at least twice now that the cherry tomatoes are ripening. I've backed the willow gate with 5 left over tomato cages and hope this will at least slow her down ;) Tally is a fox when it comes to getting her head through openings and has snagged a few green ones. No time to pick for myself anyway - poop smiley is tempting me here.

It was time for that old wood deck to go. Now I get to redecorate.

sb9VvXw.jpg

Back