2018 #82 Dixie Stockman and Possum Skinner Run

S7bLwug.jpg

oRErwSv.jpg

Never get buttons with my GEC....maybe they're a prohibited export item??:D;)

That Elderberry looks well smart :thumbsup:

Never get buttons with my GEC....maybe they're a prohibited export item??:D;)

That Elderberry looks well smart :thumbsup:

Thanks Will!
Sorry you got no button with yours, only the Northfield tube had one for me.
Although there are no stripes on the Possum on the button (like in Ace Age) my son likes it.
Otherwise I would have offered to send it to you.;):)

I have found the pulls and snap on all the Dixies I've had (9 in total) to be pretty consistent, with about 4½ to 5 pulls and good snap. I was especially happy to pick up the new release in both micarta and copperhead bone. All five of the ones I still own have different shield treatments, from no shield through the common UN-X-LD logo shield. The 2014 run had better stag overall, but I'm happy with my newer one as well. The African blackwood with the cloud shield and slant bolsters is VERY posh!

MNUnFhi.jpg

I have found the pulls and snap on all the Dixies I've had (9 in total) to be pretty consistent, with about 4½ to 5 pulls and good snap. I was especially happy to pick up the new release in both micarta and copperhead bone. All five of the ones I still own have different shield treatments, from no shield through the common UN-X-LD logo shield. The 2014 run had better stag overall, but I'm happy with my newer one as well. The African blackwood with the cloud shield and slant bolsters is VERY posh!

MNUnFhi.jpg

The old run slant bolsters look nicer but the NF trim on the new run still looks great. The 82 is a great stockman pattern.

This knife (copperhead) has been by my side almost every second since I got it. Just plain love it. Hands down favorite knife of my collection. I use it at every opportunity and fondle it often. Its getting a nice patina too. I need more knives of this quality.

MNUnFhi.jpg

Jeff, nice group shot, I much prefer the earlier stag knife, both have great stag but the shield makes the knife look so much classier and finished. Really wish GEC would go back to putting shields on stag knives, I would pay more.

I was surprised to see an opossum on the pin, seeing it was called a possum skinnner. Do people even skin opossums? I have skinned countless possums - but they actually have a skin worth skinning.
If you want to eat then you should skin them. A couple of good ole boys I work with that live up the holler definitely eat them.

I was surprised to see an opossum on the pin, seeing it was called a possum skinnner. Do people even skin opossums? I have skinned countless possums - but they actually have a skin worth skinning.

It's the same thing in America. In the region Titusville is in we just call them possums.

Ok thanks, I was just interested to know if the opossum skinning was a thing people did. Possum skinning certainly is a big activity where I am from, we don’t have too many any other mammals to skin!

I got my #82 Possum Skinner in Natural Canvas Micarta today. It's a nice knife and will make a great user. My favorite thing is the thinness, especially of the blades. This knife slices like a demon, and has some great blade shapes for EDC uses.

I have made a video on it, and comparing it to the 82 Dixie Stock Knife:

As well as a video on the 2018 #82 Dixie Stock Knife in Sambar Stag compared to one from 2014 in Indian Paint Brush Jigged Bone:

I hope it's okay to post links to my videos every now and then like this.

I have recently watched a few of your videos and quite enjoyed them. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

I received an 82 possum skinner today, really impressed overall but there's a bit of blade rub. Far from a deal breaker considering the nearly flawless fit and finish otherwise and the enormous slice-y-ness and thinnest of the knife, just wondering if blade rub is common on this model. Will upload some pictures later

None on my Micarta one at all, and it has good snap too. An unusual and really worthwhile pattern this one, carries neatly despite its size.

A scaled down version would be welcome as well :cool:

Back