2018 Arkansas Knife Show - Knife Photos and Awards!

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This longstanding Show is heading for a GREAT 2018 showing! :thumbsup:

Arkansas Knife Show website

I have been privileged to have been asked to be there, and provide on-site photo services.

Logan Pearce as Show organizer, is doing all he can to further elevate this show.

So many top level makers are involved, I look forward to seeing them and their work (Whether they make it to my table or not. I stand ready, that's all.)

large.jpg

There is renown for this show with the quality of the forging bladesmiths. However, that's NOT all: PLENTY of stock removal makers will also be attending.

As the saying goes "It's all good!"

The Show itself is on Sat Feb 17th at the Statehouse Convention Center. But if you are savvy come on Friday the 16th for the Cutting Contest, trips to the local museum, and the evening Banquet. (Someone PLEASE fill in more details.)

Set your compass to Little Rock in two weeks. :D

Shout out here: What are you bringing, who's coming, and what's exciting for 2018?

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Worth noting is that attendees wanting to attend the Friday night Award Banquet must purchase their ticket by end of this week. No onsite ticket purchase for that according to the website. https://arknife.com/

Looks to be another great show!!!

Congratulations on your invitation buddy, I really need to make that show one of these years...:)

I’ll be there to enjoy the show and banquet. Will also be joining Mark Zalesky and Bill Worthen in signing copies of the beautiful new antique Bowie knife book “A Sure Defense - The Bowie Knife In America.” Mark and Bill are the actual authors. I just fondled... erruhh, photographed the knives.

This was always a great show and has tremendous potential for the future but we all need to support and promote it. While the competition between magazines and the web will sort out over time we shouldn’t assume the web could ever take the place of actual shows where makers, knives and enthusiasts come together in real time.

Nobody can attend all the shows, so no shaming implied on my part if you can’t attend. I’m speaking more generally and from a collector’s point of view. It’s on us to help expand interest in custom knives. IMHO, the web and shows are going to be the best marketing vehicles for now.

It’s great that Coop will be There because he’s a huge marketing force for custom knives all by himself. :thumbsup:

I have a mess of knives to upload that I have taken pictures of and that table holders have sent me. So it's partially my fault none have been posted. :p I will post as much as I can, as fast as I can, when time allows.

J.R. Cook, M.S.:

Jerry Lairson Sr., M.S. :

Mark Fleming did the knife on this one, but I forgot to put that Ricardo Vilar's wife, Rinata Vilar did the engraving. I will fix it when I get a chance. :)

Charles Stout, M.S. :

Larry Cox, J.S. :

I'll post more soon! Thank you Coop for making the thread and everyone for keeping it alive. :D

^^^ Good stuff ALL!

Here's a pair of makers who will be there with current work:

Tad Lynch will HAVE this one:
xlarge.jpg

Bruce Bingenheimer will bring similar:
xlarge.jpg

BTW: I will be looking for a PAID assistant on Saturday to help do write-ups and back and forths. EZ training and I will make it fun and worth the while! Youth, wives, friends or partners would be ideal! Send me a PM. TY.

I am just finishing up a difficult shooting project and then a strobe bulb BLEW out on me. Made a mess of schrapnel.
This was FORTUNATE. I did not have a ready spare (I had spare modeling bulbs) so I ordered a pair shipped next day (tomorrow). I would have been a mess had this happened at the Show. Wow.

It's always a test..... ;)

Back