2018 BF Knife Poll 5.301 - Materials Battle Royale

Which handle material for the 2018 BF Knife?

• Ironwood

Votes: 137 38.8%
  • Elk

Votes: 179 50.7%
  • Burlap Micarta

Votes: 37 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are in Poll 5.301: Materials Battle Royale

If you are just joining, the knife that has been built thus far for the 2018 BF Knife is a 2 Bladed Buck 301, Clip and Sheepsfoot on opposite ends of the knife. Your blade steel is CPM-154 with a tang stamp and the bolsters are NICKEL SILVER. Both blades will have FFG and both will have LONG PULLS.

It is now time for the main event! The Wood, Animal, and Synthetic polls were hands down, the most entertaining and exciting polls I've ever seen here. This poll will be to determine the grand daddy winner for the 2018 Forum Knife Material.

Your Champions are:

Ironwood
Elk
Burlap Micarta

Everyone will get 3 votes so make them count. Ha, gotcha, just kidding. One vote each and winner takes all! Someone get a bucket for the blood, sweat, and tears about to be all over this forum.

Poll 5.1: Wood - LINK HERE
Poll 5.2: Animal - LINK HERE
Poll 5.3: Synthetic - LINK HERE

This poll will run for 1 week!

* I think it's fair to ask that if you have no interest in ordering a knife, please do not vote, but please do participate in the discussions!

My vote's in for burlap. I'm really not feeling the ironwood because there's been so much of it from GEC lately and it just doesn't speak to me. I don't think there'll be much color variation on such a slender handle and it'll just be plain brown. If burlap can't win, I'll switch to elk. I'm wary of uneven and asymmetrical scales, but I've liked most of the examples shown on the slim Buck knives.

Is there a list or link to where we sign up for one of these knives?

Thanks

Burlap Micarta for me. But I reserve the right to change my mind.

I love elk and may go that way later though.

Convince me!

Another vote for Elk. I didn't really think this was a possibility in the first poll, but since it made it to the final battle, gotta go with it. Second choice is Ironwood, so if Burlap is showing strong, I reserve the right to change my vote.

John

I love micarta, but I'm not totally sold on the burlap. I love ironwood, too, and would happy to see it on this knife.

But somehow, I'm not quite sure why, elk feels right for this knife. Three thumbs up for naturally shed elk covers! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks like this won't even be close. I voted ironwood, but I might change my vote if things get close between elk and micarta.

For me, this is a win, win and a win. That said, my vote is up to the highest bidder:D just teasing!

I will get a couple of these no matter what the scales are. Preston

Back