2018 BF Knife Poll 5.301 - Materials Battle Royale

Which handle material for the 2018 BF Knife?

• Ironwood

Votes: 137 38.8%
  • Elk

Votes: 179 50.7%
  • Burlap Micarta

Votes: 37 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The HMAS Duke of Buckingham renders passing honours
to Sailing Master SK Blades.
Three cheers
Hooray
Hooray
Hooray!!!
BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg

Last edited:
Wow afishhunter!!! and I bet you'd wash that down with some fava beans and a fine chianti :confused: :D

Yep, we need those lost Burlap Micarta guys to jump in with the Ironwood team. You want smooth, we have smooth, You want symmetry, we have symmetry, you wanted a shade of brown, we have a shade of brown, you want less of a surprise in your finished product, we will have less of a surprise....

I hope that "irons" out some of the reason to make the move.

,,,Mike in Canda

DATELINE : May 28, 2018

The anti-knobby elk radical fringe was dealt a major blow this Memorial Day 2018, as knobby elk surged ahead to 50.20 percent of the vote.

One local mature bull elk was quoted as saying "Urhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhuuuuhhhh. Uuhhhhh uuuuhhhh eruhuuuuh" which basically translates to, "With this latest major tidal wave, lightning storm, and frankly earthquake of support from the pro-knobby elk supporters, I believe the radical ironwood and extremist micarta groups will have to organize a better campaign next year."

DATELINE : May 28, 2018

The anti-knobby elk radical fringe was dealt a major blow this Memorial Day 2018, as knobby elk surged ahead to 50.20 percent of the vote.

One local mature bull elk was quoted as saying "Urhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhuuuuhhhh. Uuhhhhh uuuuhhhh eruhuuuuh" which basically translates to, "With this latest major tidal wave, lightning storm, and frankly earthquake of support from the pro-knobby elk supporters, I believe the radical ironwood and extremist micarta groups will have to organize a better campaign next year."
You clearly never heard the ironwood's last minute cry! That would make any nearby elk's antlers fall on the ground. :confused::D

Last edited:
To the (presently) 38 people who voted for the Burlap Micarta:
If you all change your vote to Ironwood, we would have a TIE! 50% EACH!!!

This would result in yet another poll ... or maybe Stephen would just have a disinterested person at his business ... or his wife ... one of his kids or nephews/neice's ... cast a tie breaking vote ... or cast the tie breaker himself ...

Therefore, The logical thing to do, should you decide to change your vote, is to vote for ELK. :)

To the (presently) 38 people who voted for the Burlap Micarta:
If you all change your vote to Ironwood, we would have a TIE! 50% EACH!!!

This would result in yet another poll ... or maybe Stephen would just have a disinterested person at his business ... or his wife ... one of his kids or nephews/neice's ... cast a tie breaking vote ... or cast the tie breaker himself ...

Therefore, The logical thing to do, should you decide to change your vote, is to vote for ELK. :)
Let's split the difference! Half elk and half wood.
And a new poll to determine which side which material! :p:D

The Burlapians are no mercenaries or fair weather friends, herd followers...;) we fight to the bitter end:thumbsup: Better a bitter end than bitterness without end due to capitulation :D

Anyway, I'm the returning officer and I am the one counting the votes :cool::D:D:D:D

This shows how diverse the opinions are from this group or porch sitters. It's like asking 200 people "what toppings should we get on the giant pizza?"

What's that there pizza thing? aint never heard of such in my backwoods! Is it some kinda critter? Sound like something a whole load of foreigners or New York boys might've dreamed up! No thank you!:D:D;)

What's that there pizza thing? aint never heard of such in my backwoods! Is it some kinda critter? Sound like something a whole load of foreigners or New York boys might've dreamed up! No thank you!:D:D;)
"Pizza" is a food dish invented in Japan or China (sorry, I forget which) that the Italians get credit for.
Depending on the toppings (meats, veggies, seafood, Anchovies (a fish created expressly and specifically for use on Pizza, by the way)
They can be quite yummy.
Beware of any that uses a lot of jalapeno peppers though. They can be a mite ... ummm ... warm ... even hours or days after the pizza was made ... without reheating it. :)

Well I changed my vote to elk - even though I despise smooth elk - just so it would have a majority. Except for handle material every other poll has gone my way so I figure this is fair. I can live with the examples in post 41

No. Elk surged. Next poll is knobby elk vs smooth elk. My vote will be for sale ... :)

Back