2018 Blade Show Knives - SEE the ENERGY!

^^^ Guys: I thank you. :thumbsup: But most importantly, my clients are pleased you enjoy this display. :D

If I had to pick a favorite of mine for 2018, I think I would stay in this post. Javier Vogt from Buenos Aires, Argentina simply Blew. Me. Away.

I love these S-guards styling, and that they are automatics with the upper guard as the release is so mechanically cool.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I have seen great file work, and I've NEVER seen any more precise and finished so cleanly.
orig.jpg

As if the workmanship on the knives wasn't mindboggling enough, they come with a handmade wooden case, AND a leather pouch for safekeeping.
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

True incident: Wolfgang Loerchner is wandering by with Bill Hall. I happened to see them and stopped them to chat, just as I finished some of these. I told them to come take a look, I though these were some VERY cool pieces. My faves. Had they known about Javier's work?

Right then Javier shows up to pick them up. I invite him in, and and introduce him to Wolfe, who is studying his work admiringly.

"Have you met, and do you know Wolfgang Loerchner?" I asked him. His look was incredulous.... "Ummm.. No I have never met him, but I know of him." However he winked at me like I just introduced him to Scarlett Johansson.

Wolfe was VERY pleased with the presentation, and said so.

He was blown away that he could share and show his work. I hope they chatted more, I had to scoot them away to return back to duty... (BTW look to KnifeTreasures.com if you are interested.)

^

True incident: Wolfgang Loerchner is wandering by with Bill Hall. I happened to see them and stopped them to chat, just as I finished some of these. I told them to come take a look, I though these were some VERY cool pieces. My faves. Had they known about Javier's work?

Right then Javier shows up to pick them up. I invite him in, and and introduce him to Wolfe, who is studying his work admiringly.

"Have you met, and do you know Wolfgang Loerchner?" I asked him. His look was incredulous.... "Ummm.. No I have never met him, but I know of him." However he winked at me like I just introduced him to Scarlett Johansson.

He was blown away that he could share and show his work. I hope they chatted more, I had to scoot them away to return back to duty... (BTW look to KnifeTreasures.com if you are interested.)

Wolfe has the best Blade stories...a few years ago he was outside smoking and a new maker asked him how he did and when Wolfe said "he sold 3 knives" he was told "maybe you will do better next time" lol.....i tell Wolfe all the time he can increase his production speed if he uses machines lol

nice pics

^^^ YOU guys! LOL!

Robert: You told that story once before. It's SO classic!! So, subtle. Thank you. :)

By now you ought to be able to KNOW who's work this is! His VERY unorthodox style of old and new has now become a standard-bearer for *badass* cutlery. He clobbered them #ForgedinFireChampion and now he's also a reclusive grandpa: David Mirabile, JS. None better!

orig.jpg

Thanks a lot Jim!!!
Your words about my work means a lot for me!
And Loerchner's compliments... too much for my brain. Was way better than meeting that girl... emmm... oh yes, Scarlett.

Thanks again!!!

^^^ Guys: I thank you. :thumbsup: But most importantly, my clients are pleased you enjoy this display. :D

If I had to pick a favorite of mine for 2018, I think I would stay in this post. Javier Vogt from Buenos Aires, Argentina simply Blew. Me. Away.

I love these S-guards styling, and that they are automatics with the upper guard as the release is so mechanically cool.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I have seen great file work, and I've NEVER seen any more precise and finished so cleanly.
orig.jpg

As if the workmanship on the knives wasn't mindboggling enough, they come with a handmade wooden case, AND a leather pouch for safekeeping.
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I can see her reaction, now. Sorry Coop... I don't even think you could make Matt's mug look good. He has a face that can make a train take a dirt road.

View attachment 925980
Yeah, I wasn't there but I was told that when Matt was a kid, his parents had to tie a pork chop around his neck to get the puppies to play with him.

Enjoying the show. Thanks for showing as you always do. I miss the blade show. I miss you guys and everyone else in the scene. I need to get back to it soon and make plans for the blade show for the first time in five years or so. My last knife show was the one I worked with you at.

Buddy Thomason, Eric Eggly, Terrill Hoffman, Cory Martin, Caleb Royer, Mitch Cohen, Francesco Pachi, Chuck Ward & Co., Logan Pearce, Dirk Loots have all produced great work. I have said so openly at times. However I can count only four of them to EVER mention in a post or thread a compliment toward my work (or another's). This is too bad. Imagine if knife makers held their cards so tightly. Sigh.... :(

Back to the visuals!!!!

You know you are my photography hero! :D

Thanks you ALL! I spent yesterday editing the remaining, and today will be printing and mailing. I will post more when all of that is done.

I needed to get the priorities of finishing the work for ALL done first, before I spend luxury time posting luxury pieces. :D :thumbsup:

Manuele Messori hails from Italy, and brought that Italian sense of quality, styling and aggressive looks.
orig.jpg

US Army disabled Veteran Jay Hoffman makes BIG hard-use knives and leatherwork for all. THIS one is for his loving wife, and includes two of her favorite flowers: A rose.
orig.jpg

This one can strap to your thigh, or dangle from your belt. Don't judge hard at F&F. His work had more LIKES on my Instagram than you can imagine. He has WIDESPREAD appeal!
orig.jpg

James Cox from Rogers, AR brought us this BIG bowie/fighter with the melt-in-your-hand grip. Look at those fittings!
orig.jpg

Christopher Gillian has a LOT of features in this nicely designed flipper. I like the sun rays extending into the clip, and the nice, rounded edges.
orig.jpg

When it comes to precision folders, and I mean PRECISION, I raise my hand to announce Michael Raymond in the top five. Microscopic detail everywhere, and an amazing tool to work the pin. When I send him the hi-res JPG he finds specs of dust I never saw. He's particular about his work. I get it! :thumbsup:
orig.jpg

Tan Long brought me these two knives and the SHARP lines and fittings are exemplary. He has listed his address in Atlanta.
orig.jpg

When saying NO won't get the results, THIS will.
orig.jpg

ABS Mastersmith time!

John Horrigan, MS proves again and again why he's so dominant. Look at that impossibly tight turkish twist steel and his stunning engraving and sheath work. KaPOW!
orig.jpg

David Lisch, MS is one of THE most creative forces in knife forging. Look at his take on this Scottish (?) blade he calls the 'Rueden Dirk'. All handle carving by him, too.
orig.jpg

He brought a few of these MASSIVELY powerful Bowies for me to shoot. This has an S-coin guard and his special coating. LOOK at the steel and the stag. FTW!
orig.jpg

He wanted separate images of this set. ME? I wanted to KNOCK the viewers eyes out! It's all a bit much. He's added this crazy molten bronze finish onto the steel guards. So rustic, so COOL, so unique. :thumbsup:
orig.jpg

More tomorrow. PLEASE comment on the knives and makers, not me.

Back