2018 Forum Knife. The first poll

Which maker?

• Buck 301. Choose. 2/3 blades, grind, steel: 420, CPM154, 154CM, S30V, S35VN, 20CV; handle mat'l,

Votes: 267 73.6%
  • GEC 14 in 1095. Choose: drawn/cut swedge, plain/lined bolster Single or Two Blade Jack

Votes: 96 26.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel buck option just offers more and is something that is more unique and special at this time so I vote for them as for the options will there be polls for the options later?

For now off the information in the initial post...
Choice of 2 or 3 blades: Don't care just give me a cap lifter in there
Choice of blade steel (420, 440C, CPM154, 154CM, S30V, S35VN, 20CV): CPM-154
Choice of full flat grind or Buck super hollow grind: FFG
Bolsters: brass or nickel silver: Depends a little on the handle/cover/scale material
Choice of handle materials: Do we have some list of options?
Scales with pins, or not: Leaning towards not
Medallion shield or no shield: Shield yes
Two dot tang stamp or engraving: Tang stamp
Custom box option. Option for fancy wood box or plain box: Depends on what the final cost will be
Pin is an option: Yes

I saw someone mention Long Pull I would also vote for that too.

I voted Buck. I really enjoyed seeing the options coming from Buck. Don't have a large Stockman in my collection and very excited about a premium stainless bladed traditional. Irregardless of how it all shakes out I hope we all can just have some fun with this.

I just found the poll and voted without reading more than Franks OP. Must say I am pleasantly surprised at the current tally.
No forum knife pattern poll has ever gone my way and I was expecting the reverse.
Hope it holds out for Buck.

I voted for the Buck, for something different, I would be happy, no ecstatic, over either offering. I'm just so happy that there's going to be a knife.

Did Buck say which offerings they could use our (BFC's) tang stamp on? That's really my only criteria, it has to use one of the 3 or 4 existing stamps we had made. Other than that I'm just sittin' back and lettin' the new guys do the majority of the decidin' . ;)

I voted for the Buck, for something different, I would be happy, no ecstatic, over either offering. I'm just so happy that there's going to be a knife.

Did Buck say which offerings they could use our (BFC's) tang stamp on? That's really my only criteria, it has to use one of the 3 or 4 existing stamps we had made. Other than that I'm just sittin' back and lettin' the new guys do the majority of the decidin' . ;)

Ted,

Don't take this as fact but I think the steels that will not take the stamp are S30V, S35VN, and 20CV. I could be wrong though.
They could be engraved instead as a possible option.

Easy vote for Buck for me... I probably have more Bucks in my collection than anything else (I'm a big fan!). I'll pick up at least a couple of 14s, but the 301, 2 blade in high end steel is such a unique option.

Irregardless
<Cringes>
Like nails scratching down an old-fashioned blackboard, that is.

Focus....
I really hope the future poll favors the 2 blade option (assuming Buck wins this one... if it's the GEC, I'd want a single). Leaning hard toward 154CM/CPM154, personally; but would be fine with 420hc, s35vn, or cpm20cv.

Buck. 2-blade 301 in premium steel? Unique, nicely sized, a winner for me. Looks like FFG is in the lead, but I'd be up for either so long as the edge is thin ...

Qnk9Pxj.jpg

I voted BUCK. Could care less about all the options. If it's a Buck, it'll be a great knife.

I replied/quoted Al, because just like Al, his graphic has got style!!!! Hope he doesn't mind.

Thanks go to Steve, Gary, Mike, Frank and everyone else involved.

Oh, I don't particularly like blad
e etches but of course that'll be decided down the road.

Frankly, the GEC #14 is a good knife. I have several. But at this point it doesn't feel "special". A unique Buck does. Partially because we haven't had them involved in this before, and also because (even in a fairly common Stockman pattern) it does appear to be a case of them going out of the way to make us something special.

As always, kudos to those who have worked all the previous knives, and to those moving forward with one for this year.

After due consideration, I voted Buck.

The 301 is a touch large for my current slipjoint tastes, but the opportunity for another stainless forum knife, particularly with all the unique options Buck is making available, was too good to pass up. :thumbsup:

though the results of votes-to-come could curtail my interest. (When/if I'm out, I'll stop voting)

Well said, and likewise! If future poll choices for a 301 move me into the "won't order" camp, I'll stop voting.

Back