2018 Gaucho Group Buy Chat

I'm really enjoying the group buy system. We've been talking, and the next group buy is going to allow greater flexibility, and will focus on sets, and there will be a slight bit of contest thrown in as well.

Thank you very much for all y'alls support. Keep the pics coming! I'm loving the pics and comments on this one.

Mr Big Deal, that tip is thin. Just sayin.

G10's getting glued up today
2v2JVNgPhxurAoi.jpg

Mine came today and it is outstanding! I told my wife the box was a sheath and had to open it when she wasn't looking. Now I need a new sheath so I can back my story up!
My Gaucho came in today. I have a few sheaths to do this weekend, then I'm going to start on Gaucho sheaths. A taco style slip cover in distressed and antiqued leather with a tooled border, sounds fun. Eyelets along the edge so you can add a belt loop or something to it. So many ideas, I need to get cracking!

Be careful, the Gaucho's are sharp! I was trying to get pictures of mine, it slipped and cut my finger. Lucky for me, I had just restocked my band-aid supply. LOL!

My Gaucho came in today. I have a few sheaths to do this weekend, then I'm going to start on Gaucho sheaths. A taco style slip cover in distressed and antiqued leather with a tooled border, sounds fun. Eyelets along the edge so you can add a belt loop or something to it. So many ideas, I need to get cracking!

Be careful, the Gaucho's are sharp! I was trying to get pictures of mine, it slipped and cut my finger. Lucky for me, I had just restocked my band-aid supply. LOL!
Can you email me quotes for a sheath? mwramos@att.net

My Gaucho arrived last Thursday, but haven't had a chance to do photos or sheath work until today. Have used it a bunch on food prep and think it's really the ticket for what I wanted. Made easy work on cleaning/deveining bunch of shrimp, cut some nice steak and dice taters. Put together two styles of sheaths for the Gaucho since it seems to be destined for kitchen and outdoor use. First is standard for me with belt loop or clip.
OuUB7xN.jpg

GOocaSt.jpg

Here's a simple slip with a strap keeper that mine's staying in. Easy to store in a drawer, pack, etc. with the blade protected.
ibPKFbK.jpg

vcN4IE7.jpg

If anyone is interested, just email me at: Rick@rlocustomleather.com for pricing and any custom design.

Finally, my Gaucho:
Z9BP5R8.jpg

My Gaucho arrived last Thursday, but haven't had a chance to do photos or sheath work until today. Have used it a bunch on food prep and think it's really the ticket for what I wanted. Made easy work on cleaning/deveining bunch of shrimp, cut some nice steak and dice taters. Put together two styles of sheaths for the Gaucho since it seems to be destined for kitchen and outdoor use. First is standard for me with belt loop or clip.
OuUB7xN.jpg

GOocaSt.jpg

Here's a simple slip with a strap keeper that mine's staying in. Easy to store in a drawer, pack, etc. with the blade protected.
ibPKFbK.jpg

vcN4IE7.jpg

If anyone is interested, just email me at: Rick@rlocustomleather.com for pricing and any custom design.

Finally, my Gaucho:
Z9BP5R8.jpg

Rick, those look good!

Can’t wait for my G10 to arrive!

Another historical thread regarding a G10 gentleman’s steak knife here

Last edited:
Just received the stainless g10 goodness. Commando scales are thin which is going to be so nice for pinch gripping the handle during food prep. Thank you so much! You guys nailed this one.

:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

cc0EQ7y.jpg

Z0BB2rf.jpg

Last edited:
After receiving a massdrop x apogee chef's knife this week that was extremely poorly made, I was happy to get a quality knife in the mail today. My gaucho looks great and came sharp enough to slice some tomatoes (the best test of sharpness in my opinion). It has a thin handle but it works good in several pinch grips. It blends well with the other knives in my knife block too! One of the reasons I have bought so many Fiddlebacks is because the spalting or hammered texture on the flats. The beauty of the flats and the bullseye have always set them apart visually from all lot of other knife makers. The milled flats on this don't look bad but now the bullseye and makers mark are left to the heavy hitting visually. Of course the comfort of the handles and overall excellent finish is what sets Andy's knives apart when it comes to use. Overall, this gaucho will be a valuable addition to my collection and I think it will see a lot of use.

Back