2018 Handyman Group Buy Chat

I’d like to see some in depth coverage of the heat treat process. My wife has strongly suggested that my propane forge days are numbered in the low single digits and that leaves an oven as the only option.

I'm surprised we didn't get more participation on this model. I hope it doesn't affect the possibility of future group buys. I'm still hoping for a Bushboot and OS Karda group buy.

Hammered flats will really set these knives apart. That's great news.....thanks for sharing Phillip !

Since we've only got 12 instead of 20 how about hammering the flats on these. ;) Just a thought! I really like my hammered cpm154 F2.

Thats the plan

I suspect that had that detail been offered up front, you likely would have sold all 20 pretty quick.

I like CPM 154 & AEB-L steel a lot, but mill finished flats are pretty bland looking. I said much the same thing in my post for the Gaucho group buy. Something to keep in mind for future group buys...

Phil

Last edited:
I suspect that had that detail been offered up front, you likely would have sold all 20 pretty quick.

I like AEB-L steel a lot, but mill finished flats are pretty bland looking. I said much the same thing in my post for the Gaucho group buy. Something to keep in mind for future group buys...

Phil
This ^^.

It’s obviously too late for me to get in, but had I known about the hammered flats......oh well, snooze and lose, I guess.

It seems that i dropped the ball on mentioning the Fiddle-textured flats. I will re open the thread for the spots that remain until Tuesday 7/31/2018 at Noon Eastern.
I apologize, I took it for granted that that is how we have finished CPM154 in the past:(

I didnt realize it was cmp154. I love this steel and with textured flats, it's going to be sweet. Better fitting model that the hb for me.

ive started on the scales
2v2JGgRvNxurAoi.jpg

i was asked via PM for a shot comparison so I might as well post it here too

1/8">CPM154<3/32"
2v2JGWbHGxurAoi.jpg

Back