2018 Spyderco Product Guide - Live!

The street prices for these new models are kind of high partly due to MAP becoming 35% off MSRP instead of 40% off MSRP.

Native5 Never Summer exclusive LC200N DLC with Red FRN from December 2016 was $100.00. Now, the Native5 LC200N production model with Yellow FRN without DLC is $116.97!

Others with high street prices:
  • Zoomer $389.97
  • Respect $363.97
  • Warrior Hawk $311.97
  • PPT Sprint $227.47

There are no sprint runs or dealer exclusives of Military, PM2, and Manix 2? I hope Spyderco has plans but just not includes them in this catalog, because these are basically where my interest is.

There are no sprint runs or dealer exclusives of Military, PM2, and Manix 2? I hope Spyderco has plans but just not includes them in this catalog, because these are basically where my interest is.

A lot of exclusives magically show up unannounced.

Reactions: Mo2
The street prices for these new models are kind of high partly due to MAP becoming 35% off MSRP instead of 40% off MSRP.

Native5 Never Summer exclusive LC200N DLC with Red FRN from December 2016 was $100.00. Now, the Native5 LC200N production model with Yellow FRN without DLC is $116.97!

• Zoomer $389.97
  • Respect $363.97
  • Warrior Hawk $311.97
  • PPT Sprint $227.47
Yeah. I like the Zoomer and Respect a lot, but both are a bit too rich for my blood. Which I somewhat suspected when I saw 'em in the catalog, but one can always hope. ;)

Yeah. I like the Zoomer and Respect a lot, but both are a bit too rich for my blood. Which I somewhat suspected when I saw 'em in the catalog, but one can always hope. ;)

I love the idea behind the Zoomer... super-high-end steel, amazingly sculpted handles... but I don't get the plunge line or the way the G10 extends up over the spine. Real curious what the design purpose was.

Between those and the Darn Dao, choices will have to be made...

OK, I just finished reading through this whole thing. And I must say, after all that was hyped about the number of new models that were supposed to be released, given how many were discontinued, and all the flurry of discussion around the increase in map pricing, I am so underwhelmed by this catalog.

There is almost nothing new in here. Sure there are some potentially interesting sprint runs of some of the evergreen Spydercos. But there is scarcely anything actually in here that is actually new, let alone innocative. We lost the Slysz, the Domino, and the Southard for... nothing?

I can only hope what this really means that there will be a lot of product announcements next year that are not in this catalog. Because if this actually represents everything, or the bulk of things that Spyderco is introducing to the market this year, it is a huge disappointment and deeply deeply uninteresting.

Huge Spyderco fan here. :(
Agree 100%. Massive disappointment, only thing that i would even consider purchasing is the native 5 salt. I mean the original salt line didn’t even get a handle upgrade to the new endura handles? seriously? Plus why not give a huge seller like the H1 lineup a run in LC200N also for those who don’t find that chunky bumble bee fugly Caribbean line appealing. Huge spydie fan, but this was such a disappointment.

With all the new things we've seen in the last few years (mid year surprises and all) I can't complain about a thing in the catalog (or not in the catalog). 10 years ago who would have thought s110v and maxamet would be used in production models? We are spoiled. Spyderco has always pushed the envelope and I'm sure will continue to do so.

With all the new things we've seen in the last few years (mid year surprises and all) I can't complain about a thing in the catalog (or not in the catalog). 10 years ago who would have thought s110v and maxamet would be used in production models? We are spoiled. Spyderco has always pushed the envelope and I'm sure will continue to do so.

Spoiled? That we are. The catalog looks good to me. The biggest surprises are throughout the year and the mid year one.

And i agree about the steels. If the s110v pm2 and zdp-189 models were sprints, they would be considered much more desireable and we'd be asking for more. And s110v alone with it being so hard to produce, and the price we get it for is something special.

Its pretty awesome now days that we do have so many different steels, companies, etc out there now. Great time to be alive and a knife guy!

Honestly, what surprised me the most about this catalog is that the Roc, Advocate, Ouroboros and Tatanka are still in production.

Nothing new in this catalog really caught my eye, though. Here's hoping for a late announcement of a DLC-coated Maxamet Manix2 XL with either G10 or CF handles.

• Zoomer $389.97
  • Respect $363.97

WHAT

It looks like a budget model, or a kitchen knife. I assumed it would be 1/2 that at most. It costs more than the monstrously-proportioned bowie (Respect™)?

For reference, a shamelessly hotlinked image:
SPFB42GPn.jpg

WHAT

It looks like a budget model, or a kitchen knife. I assumed it would be 1/2 that at most. It costs more than the monstrously-proportioned bowie (Respect™)?

For reference, a shamelessly hotlinked image:
SPFB42GPn.jpg

It's thick 20CV and that's a lot of contouring on the G10.

Reactions: Mo2
I wonder if the Zoomer might be difficult to sharpen with some tools? Is the handle going to be in the way?

To be honest, A.S. A spyderco fan, no new nice folding.
Ok for the new steel in the sprints.
I am still missing a pm2 maxamet, a hundred pacer, a native in carbon and in lc200n...but almost all are 2017 models...very surprised.
I Was thinking to see lot of new knives! Maybe at shotsow?

Seriously Guys,what happened?

I usually buy 10 spyderco in a year, it looks I will be saving

It's thick 20CV and that's a lot of contouring on the G10.

I believe it, but that doesn't keep the side-profile from looking like a cheap plastic-handled kitchen knife a a glance. Maybe it's just the handle bit going as high up as it does.

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure it's a perfectly capable tool and what-have-you, but, for some reason, it just instantly makes me think of wal-mart kitchenware, like the handle should be a brightly colored plastic.

(Also, it needs a sharpening notch)

I believe it, but that doesn't keep the side-profile from looking like a cheap plastic-handled kitchen knife a a glance. Maybe it's just the handle bit going as high up as it does.

I agree, but that's kind of how the Street Beat micarta looks in pictures too, though it seemed a bit shinier so that you could see the pattern a bit better. I suspect real pictures won't be the same (not trying to argue it's worth that price though)

Back