2019/2020 winter kith

Handle forecast: Ivory G-10 with a chance of Cherry Red G-10 Liners, don't forget the brass pins.

bKv3ExZ.jpg

Cbrqj5w.jpg

2r55j2g.jpg

Initial glue up - profiling - and bolsters shaped. Bolsters will get a beautiful chamfer before glue up.

Tomorrow i get to practice and learn buffing (will buff the bolster chamfers) and work on glue up.

Or solid black pins (CF)

Really bummed to see so many big names drop out, but completely understand. I hope everyone is safe during these times and continues to prosper.

Some more WIP pictures - today's agenda: Chamfer & polish the bolsters, drill additional "epoxy pin holes", and glue up (also place kydex order).

sNpXrwI.jpg

c0rsJwc.jpg

Really didn't buff & polish how i wanted. If anyone has advice wheels / steps for polishing g10, please comment.

FgqA2ps.jpg

Drumroll.....

LFu6aCz.jpg

Fought me during the initial three fit ups, but went for it and it went SO smooth, 1 like = 1 prayer to the epoxy glue up gods. Someone is going to get a screaming knife.

I'm not certain I will be able to complete a knife in time. My wife is having some health issues (not COVID-19). Playing it by ear at this point.

Seems us little guys might all be that’s left. DustinY DustinY that looks hot. I’m going to back in the shop after 3 months of military school I can’t wait till Thursday

Seems us little guys might all be that’s left. DustinY DustinY that looks hot. I’m going to back in the shop after 3 months of military school I can’t wait till Thursday

Can’t wait to see what you come up with, we can hold the fort down. Excited for the criticism and opinion of the person that gets mine, should be really valuable.

I’m incredibly excited to say the least, it’s all really coming together.

It’s definitely something I’m not ready for. Wooden sheaths are cool but me and wood don’t get along

I do plan to have a knife complete for this. For those that are not quite finished in time, you can enter it into the next KITH.

I'm out, respiratory issues (copd) have me out of shop past two months, don't kbow when I'll get back out there.

With a heavy heart I’m going to have to bow out. The DOD stopped all movement till May so I will be stuck in Virginia and not in my workshop in Washington so there is no way I can finish a knife. I look forward to seeing y’all’s efforts.
Daniel

Sent my first batch ever to HT yesterday. I highly doubt I will be in time for this, but home office maybe means more shop time in the evenings.

Hengelo_77 Hengelo_77 Maybe you can start a new kith when this one finishes. The end to this Covid madness might be a long way down the street.

We are dealing with double trouble here in the Salt Lake area now. Just had a 5.7 earthquake this morning. No one hurt but damage particularly to old buildings. Unfortunately I'm bowing out. I'm going to be busy.

Back