2019 BF

The more I see all y’alls photos, the more I like this ‘19 BF collaboration. I’m proud of all of us for together designing a knife that is far better than I could have on my own.
We’re enjoying our trip visiting our son, but knowing the BF 2019 knife is waiting will give me something to look forward to!

:)
B4woHSI.jpg

oIejWs8.jpg

LNHyfAS.jpg

These are absolutely stunning! They turned out so beautiful and classy. This is honestly why I love GEC. I also like the art on the front of the tube, throughout all the polls and discussion on the design of the knife, I was unaware that it was inspired by a Sailor's Knife. I know these aren't exactly sailor's pattern knives but they fit the bill. Love em!

PS: Love the brown streaks throughout the African Blackwood.

I just received email notification that mine were shipped!! Now that wait begins but these pictures make it just a little bit more real :)

This is off topic but Did GEC switch to a different factory oil?

I didn’t notice any of that black gunk that’s usually down in the pivot. Or maybe I’m crazy.

I didn’t notice any of that black gunk that’s usually down in the pivot. Or maybe I’m crazy.

Not oil dependent. Some runs have more gunk than others, depends on the amount of flushing and the pre-assembly hafting.

The black residue is stray polishing compound.... You'll also find it in the nail nicks and match strikes...
The oil they use is Way Oil.... It is used in machine shops on the machined ways of various machine tools.... Very high viscosity and ability to cling to surfaces.....

Last edited:
a little off topic, but, dude. Ain’t seen you in awhile here or bayou shooter.

Yeah. Work has been busy this year.

I've missed the folks here. I still love a good sharp pocket knife. I've kinda been bummed with how expensive the hobby is, and kind of wanted to lessen my want to collect things. I still want cattle knife on that 3 3/4 equal end frame of GEC though.

On shooter, I just don't have much to post.

Been on some hunting forums a bit. Hunttalk and Rokslide. I want to make a western hunting trip happen.

Whew! My 2 knives were delivered this morning (the 24th) - just in time to wrap one up and deliver it to a buddy for his Christmas treat. Both knives are excellent and have a tiny hint of brown in the covers.

The BladeForum knife process is tremendously entertaining. Thank you to all the participants. But the payoff is the best part. Thank you to GEC, the Moderators, Meako, and to Mike Latham for making it all happen.

Brian

Well shit! I had my beautiful 2019 forum knife for all of one day. I got one for a friend and apparently one to lose at the Christmas party yesterday. I will say, they were absolutely stunning while they lasted. I’ve lost only a couple knives over the years and I think this one might hurt worst of all.

Last edited:
Back