2019 Fiddleback User Weekend

My fondest memory of living in Texas "TEXAS STATE TROOPER, STEP OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE". I was clocked going 38mph in a 35mph construction zone and was shaking when the experience was over. Only time I ever thought I was going to get shot, especially when he told me to raise my hands, which uncovered my G19. Luckily he knew as he had run my plate, and thanked me for carrying before leaving me to go on my way.
That is one of those incidents when you’re actually thanking the trooper when he gives you the ticket!

Can’t say the same about my octoberfest experience in Helen, GA. :D

Who gets in trouble in Helen Ga? Although, GA is a bit culturally numb. Its not just that they don't know how to eat. They also have no idea how to party. Festivals, for example, don't sell beer. And they don't do parades ever. Even if they did they wouldn't sell beer in the streets. Meh. Georgians stick to the roof of your mouth like wonderbread.

Who gets in trouble in Helen Ga? Although, GA is a bit culturally numb. Its not just that they don't know how to eat. They also have no idea how to party. Festivals, for example, don't sell beer. And they don't do parades ever. Even if they did they wouldn't sell beer in the streets. Meh. Georgians stick to the roof of your mouth like wonderbread.
Haha!! Well, I can assure you that the Helen Oktoberfest had no shortage of German beer. And the court fees we paid were probably responsible for a sizable chunk of their local economy...:D Not to mention covering the cost of braces for the bail bondsman’s kids. It’s a story best told over a few adult beverages, though.

Haha!! Well, I can assure you that the Helen Oktoberfest had no shortage of German beer. And the court fees we paid were probably responsible for a sizable chunk of their local economy...:D Not to mention covering the cost of braces for the bail bondsman’s kids. It’s a story best told over a few adult beverages, though.
I want to hear this one at the gathering.

Louisiana bayou, 1985. Speeding through some three house town. Cuffed, dragged to a house in the swamp, and offered the choice: put $50 in the man's pocket, or spend the next 2 days in a cell. The cell was a dog cage behind the house.

I gave him the $50 and he put it in his pocket.

Shaking scared? We can discuss that at the next get-together.

Louisiana bayou, 1985. Speeding through some three house town. Cuffed, dragged to a house in the swamp, and offered the choice: put $50 in the man's pocket, or spend the next 2 days in a cell. The cell was a dog cage behind the house.

I gave him the $50 and he put it in his pocket.

Shaking scared? We can discuss that at the next get-together.
I really hate to say this, Luca917 Luca917 , but in a way, you’re a bit lucky that those were the only two choices....I’ll say no more about that. o_O

Well, Bob, you did ask for a ‘discussion’ :D

Any progress on nailing down some dates for this?

I’m asking because it’s difficult to secure time off at my job, and we generally start putting in requests a few months in advance.

After the last Fiddleback User Weekend, perhaps I make some of the instruction more water oriented. I can demonstrate and teach the survival floating position for the AmPHILbian and we can see how easily we can collect water vs. how easily we can collect bourbon in our mugs.

Seriously, I am open to any suggestions for any topics you would like me to cover. I was thinking of doing some land navigation (as it was requested last time) and covering some fieldcraft exercises. I wouldn't mind having a hobo fishing contest. Perhaps I come up with a suggest kit to include some slingshot bands and we make some elastic powered tools. Keep in mind I am flying in from CT and I'll have limited luggage capacity to haul through the airport. I don't mind working out of my pack to show skills but it does help having some larger manipulatives to use in demos and I'll have to pack accordingly.

Kev

P.S. if you guys aren't already following me on Instagram, my account is @estelawilded Look back through my feed and let me know if anything posted is something you would like to see me demo or teach in person.

Do we have a date for this yet? I know you guys were talking March. I'd love to make it, but I'm not sure if it's in the cards... I would also love to go to Blade Show again next year, but that's a week before our wedding, might be pushing it. Haha.

Land nav. Traps and snares. Self defense/awareness. Household bug out vs hunker down for fire hurricane etc.

Navigation can be taught easily. Just do me a solid and someone print out some topographical maps of the area we can use. As far as TQ's, I have a bunch we can examine and you can demo on yourself and one another. We can do some improvised trauma care and I'll show how move people with little effort. Traps, we'll make some fun ones you can scale to the appropriate size.

Big deal Bob...wait until you hear a certain little voicemail I have saved.

Back