1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Attention 2019 Forum Knife : Poll - Accessories

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knifeswapper, Mar 19, 2019.

Which Accessories for the BF'19 Knife

Poll closed Mar 22, 2019.
  1. None

37 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. Back Label Only

14 vote(s)
    6.2%
  3. Pin Only

10 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. Label and Pin both

164 vote(s)
    72.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    OK, instead of tossing it around, let's just vote on accessorizing...

If a back label is chosen, it will have to be in a 2" x 4" format delivered to and approved by GEC. Will be provided my meako. Will probably add a buck or two. We can leave them off if desired, but the money is in the setup - so you would still pay for them if approved.

If a button is chosen, GEC will produce them with their own artwork. Will add less than a buck.

No changing vote; pick your poison the first time.

DelOro, meako, waverave and 3 others like this.
  2. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    Heck yeah, let's have the complete package! These things make our knife Special.

3. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    I'm all for buttons, and Meako just has to add some official text this year. It would be a travesty not to include a bit of his delightful prose.

knowtracks, t.willy, DelOro and 6 others like this.
  4. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I’m in on it all. Looking forward to it Meako.

5. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    Meako. Pin too, but that will be one interesting label.

6. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    This ole Grouch, Curmudgeon, Geezer voted Label and Pin both!!!! $$ are gonna go out of sight.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  7. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Just when you think the polling is over they pull you back in with just, one, more.:rolleyes:

meako and Peregrin like this.
  8. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Who are the seven sticks-in-the-mud who voted "None"? (Just kidding. I support a fully democratic process, and everyone should vote however they like. But really? "None"? :confused: ;) :D)

I could take or leave the button, but I voted both anyways... and we just have to have a back label written by @meako! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

9. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Thank Providence for another poll.

Can we just make sure the pointy part on any pin is not too sharp............

BigKurtHaze and meako like this.
  10. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    The naysayers won't post comments. I voted "yea" to both. :thumbsup:

11. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    @meako promised 50 words or less. I think you should use as many words as you like... Will you promise to make at least every 3rd word something I can understand?? :p

Voted yes for both!

Edit: You also have to promise not to use any of your avatar pictures on the back label! They kind of freak me out sometimes like you're staring at me...

TOM K., meako, waverave and 2 others like this.
  12. ea42

ea42

Jan 1, 2006
    Both here, two great options!

Eric

meako, cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  13. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    I'll admit it, I'm one of the naysayers. While I love me a good @meako story as much as the next guy, and quite frequently laugh out loud reading them, for me both the tube and pin add nothing to the knife. Once the knife leaves the tube, it'll never be used or seen again, so it has no value to me.

Plus, I figured the meako story would win in a landslide anyway.

meako, mykel m, gotgoat and 1 other person like this.
  14. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    We can use our new BF knife to "cut the drivel".

meako likes this.
  15. Sabercat

Sabercat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Voted both. It's always about the knife, but for a few extra $, the cherry on top is well worth it.

cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  16. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I voted for the pin only. I appreciate Meako’s views when he’s talking about knives but the rest is just rambling to me that doesn’t make sense. Maybe that’s the appeal to others though? No offense meant, just stating my opinion.

meako, tmd_87 and mykel m like this.
  17. metsfan

metsfan

Oct 26, 2012
    I voted label and button. Knife comes around once a year so why not swim in the deep end?

cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  18. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    This will add to the uniqueness and I am greatly looking forward to @meako ‘s wordsmithing

meako, cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  19. jwb01

jwb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2016
    First vote I have made since the GEC with sheepsfoot was chosen. I just had no real connection with it other than it being the BF knife, so I let everyone else set the datails and just watched..... man its going to be a stunner for sure, good job guys it was worth all the cussin and fussin!
    But this vote.... I had to chime in for Meako to do the label, his bard like commentary has been one of the highlights of the process. Yes to both!

meako, DelOro, tmd_87 and 2 others like this.
  20. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.